Old 08-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default My Depressing 1st....

i was out walking my dog and a couple marines in a car passing by moo'd at me.

i got MOO'd at!!!!!!!!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Sweetie, they are jerks - and probably really young and immature (obviously) Your picture is gorgeous! Don't let them steal away the pride of all the work that you have gotten to this far.

Here is something just for you to think about...

S U C C E S S

See your goal

Understand your obstacles

Clear your mind of doubt

Create a positive mental picture

Embrace the challenge

Stay on track

Show the world you can do it!

One of my other favorite sayings is:
My weight is NOT my identity!

On a side note, my 15 y/o son has a cute, family inherited nose. Kids at school have oinked at him for years. It is a painful thing for someone to have to listen to. It's ugly, vile, uncalled for, vicious, and mean. Try not to let it get to you. It's not YOU, it's them.

My last word for them? F'er's! LOL
Scully1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

May the 20+ pounds you have lost go instantly to their guts, along with the 1000 pounds of fat between their ears.
May all their hair fall out, and their armpits be infested with the lice of 16th century Spanish sailors.
[You do too learn some useful stuff as a history major]

I'm sorry, sweetie -- they're pigs.

Sue
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293.5/258.5/140

Height: 5'3"

How rude !!!! I know it's tough but turn a deaf ear to rude jerks like that.

I was mooed once at a McDonald's about 20 years ago so I can relate to how devasting it can feel, especially when everyone else in the restaurant started at me not the people mooing at me. Another time (about 10 years ago) while walking my daughter in a stroller at a park I was surrounded by teens on bikes who started circling me and calling me fat cow, etc. -- I didn't leave the house for weeks, mostly because I didn't want my daughter exposed to that kind of behavior.

When I first took my job here at the office 15 years ago an older woman would constantly poke me in the stomach and tell me I looked pregnant -- not only was this hurtful, but at the time I was dieting to lose weight for my upcoming wedding (which I got down to 155 lbs for), but even more horrible was I can not have children so every time she poked me it was doubly cruel and even though I told her that it was hurtful, she would stop for a day or two and then do it again.

At least at age 50 now, I don't get to much said to me out loud (some benefits of getting older I guess) -- and I don't care what folks say under their breath or in their lame brains -- I am who I am, and I weight what I weigh -- my goal is to get healthy which means dropping a lot weight, but if I'm never thin or never live up to someone's else idea of thin -- they can just kiss my beautiful big butt !
lady_rose_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #5  
Bikini Season :)

thanks guys! i was floored, just stood there. did i hear them right?.... no. i couldnt have? but i did!

then that night i went out - (not something i've had a lot of confidence with) - and a random guy called me "too thick"...

i never wanted to crawl into a corner so fast in my life.

why cant they have a "skinny" pill???
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #6  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Aah, honey, you are beautiful. They are pigs, don't let them get to you!

My favorite comeback to mean fat comments (even though you didn't even have a chance to use one):

Yeah, so, I'm fat...I can go on a diet. You are stupid, what the **** are you going to do??

Cheer up, I wish I was as pretty as you!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Ugh. You are beautiful, don't let jerks like that get to you.

Three years ago somebody made a comment about me having "elbow dimples" and to this day I check the mirror every morning to see whether or not my choice of shirt accentuates or hides my alleged elbow dimples.
DuchessJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

One thing about deafness is I will probably never hear anybody moo at me. I said probably cuz I do have some hearing.

I will say this. Sometimes, some marines (notice I said some and not all) think that they have to gain a whole new tough macho image with their new career. It is really pathetic. It gives the whole lot of them a bad name and that's sad because many marines are really great (my husband was one). One commanding officer of his was a JERK and a half when it came to me asking for accomodations (he wasn't even responsible for them nor did he have to do any work for it and at the time he had never even met me). THis guy made my husband feel like **** all the time because he had a "disabled" wife. Guess what..I'm more abled than he was especially with that attitude. Then once he overheard another marine talk about a marine who had hurt his ankle. This disparaging marine told his friend, "guys like that should be taken out and shot like a lame horse."

Did you just hear that? OMGOODNESS! I saw it all the time from the clear voices that changed to mumbled after they worked in an all male enviroment daily to the overly macho attitudes. I promise though, many were fantastic people who didn't succumb to that environment. In the beginning I was extremely nervous to be left with my new baby without someone that could hear in case something happened. I had a cry alert. That didn't matter to me. I wanted more security. Gracious marines slept on my couch and provided that security while hubby was away. (They were perfect gentlemen). I even had one pick me up and take me to a doctor appt a few times on his lunch hour. There were many who were beautiful people but some weaker characters succumb to this "I gotta be macho and tough" and they've never been taught that it doesn't equate to being a jerk.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #9  
hara hachi bu

I hate this stuff. I've experienced it on a few occasions, at weights much lower than what I'm at right now. It's rude and uncalled for, and really, it's a testament to THEIR lack of character more than it is to any shortcoming of yours. It's always done in a situation where you can't do/say anything back, either ... like driving by.

And yes, you are gorgeous. Why do some men/people feel they were appointed to be the judge and jury over our bodies, anyway?
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Kate,

I am from the city where you live and let me tell you, marines can be such a pain. Camp Pendelton has all the young ones so you know, get a whole bunch of 18 year olds with testosterone and they act crazy. When I was 11 or so, I was walking down the street and some marines driving by were whistling at me. I was like what!? I'm 11. Anyway, ignore them.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I just don't get some people . . .

Hopefully it will never happen to anyone ever again, but if so maybe you could baa back? But they would probably be too stupid to get it.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #12  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristasMom
May all their hair fall out, and their armpits be infested with the lice of 16th century Spanish sailors.
[You do too learn some useful stuff as a history major]
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have been mooed at before. It is totally uncalled for and rude. I am sorry this happened to you, too. You are very beautiful and those guys were pigs.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Trust me. It's THEM.

I have dated a child of Pendelton.

It's them.

YOU, my dear, are gorgeous.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #15  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

You know what they say, Karama's a *****....I see Sacibies/Crabs in their future.......
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote