Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 07:56 AM   #16  

Angry Mandy

Mandy,
Hello....I was reading your original post and was intruiged. We sound alot alike...I too need an accountability partner as well as just getting married about 1 year ago. Actually it will be a year i a little over a month. I would like to chat with ya sometime. Curious about the WW plan...maybe we could be a benefit to eachother....well hope you'll write..please sent to my e-mail address i don't know that I will check this board often or not thanks!
LadyinRed
[email protected]
Old 11-26-2001, 04:52 PM   #17  

Thumbs up Back on the Horse

Well, I haven't reported anything since my last post...I haven't been very faithful to the regimine...I've maintained my 5 lb loss, though!!

Thanksgiving wasn't so bad...I indulged in my faves, but didn't go overboard, either...I'm trying to drink more water, but I really don't feel like exercising one bit!!

Well, on I go!!

Mandy

PS
Some of you have contacted me!! Thank you !! If you don't mind, though, I'd like to keep it a "group" thing...My motto is the more the merrier!!! It's neat to get different perspectives. Not to say that I won't respond back to you!! I will!! I'm just a little slow with the 'puter right now 'cause we don't have one!:!) I'm using my parents'.

Anyways.... Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2001, 11:35 PM   #18  

Talking Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I am 22 years old and just had my 2nd baby, After the 1st my weight came off pretty good this time it is taking a little more effort, I joined to make some new friends and see how much motivation i could get from everyone. I have AOL so email me sometime.

Old 12-21-2001, 01:13 PM   #19  
October, here I come!

Default New as well

Hi, my name is Amy. I am 24, 5'3", and weigh 267 now. I started a diet 3 weeks ago, and have lost 16.5 lbs. I am on a low carb diet which restricts starches. No pasta, rice, corn, potatoes, or bread. No fried foods (obviously), or pork, and there are a few more restrictions such as bananas, green peas, grapes, etc. For the past two weeks, I have been walking daily and allowing myself one cheat meal for every 5 lbs. I lose. I don't want to go overboard, but for every 5 lbs. I lose I figure it won't kill me to have ONE serving of pasta or some other starch. That is what I really miss. The starches. I don't miss cake, cookies, and other desserts, and I am beginning to get over the green peas (which were my favorite). My goal is 115 because that was what my doctor said my ideal weight is. However, I have always been overweight (wore a junior's size 6 at age 6), and have no idea what 115 lbs really is. I just want to be fit.

I am going to be starting a weight regime tomorrow night. My exercises are as follows:
Walking (for at least 30 min) daily
Crunches daily
Weights 3 times a week
Water Aerobics (this is fun!) 3 times a week
and 1 day I will do something different - like a long walk along the beach or something.
I created a weekly Physical Fitness sheet if anyone would like me to send it to you. (It's should be a useful form to monitor progress.)

I am now walking in the mornings before I go to work instead of when I get home. There is nothing like going to work and thinking, WOW, I have already walked a mile and a half. It makes the day much more satisfying. And since it is something I don't really enjoy, it is nice to not have to dread going home to do it.

I know I love water aerobics, and think I will really enjoy weight training as well, so hopefully I will stick to it.

The only problem I think I have been having with my diet so far is that I really want to loose the first 80 lbs. quickly. I have been severly limiting my caloric intake daily (which is not a part of this diet). I have been keeping it under 400 calories. I have heard from so many people that this will only slow down my metabolism, but that is why I plan on working out daily, so I can keep my metabolism up, and weight training so I won't lose as much muscle mass. I am determined to do this, and I guess everyone will just have to tell me "I told you so" if I end up regretting this.

I have been checking out the LOW CARB forum and the 100LB CLUB, but I think I will definately add this one to my list. It just doesn't seem to be very active, does it?

See you guys, and good luck!!!!

Last edited by amata; 12-21-2001 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:18 PM   #20  

Talking hello everyone

hi, howdy!!!

Ok here I am.. hehe

Im trying to lose weight!! AND I need all the help I can get.. my biggest down fall is I love to eat, cook and I hate most excercises!! I am not very gracefull so arobice seems really hard.. trust me Ive seen myself on the dance floor.. hehe

well I am 25 years old.. I am from kansas, and I am a mother of four.. just recently four.. My daughter emily was born Nov. 26... and she is sooooo purty...

I figure i need to loose about 60 pounds to be happy with myself... I am very happy with loosing it a little at a time as long as i lose it regularly.. its when i dont loose any for a week or two that i get very discouraged....

so far so good... when i got pregnant i weighed in at 248 and now i weigh 235.. so im doing better than i was before.. I need to loose it safely and slowly because i am breast feeding my daughter...

So here I am.......

talk to me!!
jamie leigh
Old 12-23-2001, 07:25 PM   #21  

Wink

Hi

I'm Christine I'm 22 and in August I startd weight watchers. I've lost 16lbs since I started but I need to lose about 71 more lbs.

I'm from Massachusetts and just graduated college in May. I've been over weight all my life and would like to spend the rest of my life at a resonable weight.

I would love any advise and support that you guys could share.

Christine
217/201/130
Old 12-31-2001, 09:18 AM   #22  

Hi all! I am 27 and would like to lose about 64 pounds. I have been heavy all of my life and I have found that at 27 I am just finally reaching the point where I don't let my weight dictate everything I do. My self esteem is still low, but it is getting better! I am not embarrassed to walk on the road because I'm afraid of who might see me, I don't always wear huge baggy clothes, and I'm not worried about how I look when I go out and I am bowling or dancing. 2 years ago, I would have had a huge baggy shirt on, I wouldn't have bowled, I would have set it out and I would have been mortified to walk outside in "public". I think this is the key to my weightloss this time. I have finally decided that I am doing this for me, and not because I wanted others to see me differently!
I was down to 189 this past July/Aug, but I then had to have my gallbladder removed and once I felt like eating again, I pretty much didn't stop until X-mas! Yikes! But, with a new year comes new hopes and new plans! I weighed in this am at 209, and I would like to get down to 145. I do not have a time limit set for myself, I am eating lowfat/high fiber and exercising. I want a plan that I can do for the rest of my life. I know I am going to need it if I plan on maintaining my weight!
I need all the help I can get! I look forward to getting to know less of you all as we shed the pounds!
Happy Hew Year!
Siouxsie

Last edited by siouxsie; 12-31-2001 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:36 AM   #23  

HAPPY NEW YEAR 20SOMETHINGS!!!

I'm sure as we all head into this new year one of our resolutions will be to lose weight and get healthy...I would challenge you to go a little further...

The most important resolution is to learn to be happy with ourselves, no matter what our weight...Obviously, losing weight is why we come to this site, but I believe if we are happy with who we are, the weight itself doesn't matter...our health and happiness is more important!!

Also, be sure to spend lots of quality time with the ones you love! (besides being really good for your well-being, it will force you to concentrate on something other than your weight!! Try to concentrate on what the other person/people are saying and just have fun!!)

Good luck to all of you in this new year!! And remember, when you have a good attitude about life, everthying else seems to just fall into place!! Don't sweat the small stuff, and keep it simple!! (how's that for advice!!)

Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox!!

Mandalynn
Old 01-12-2002, 05:31 PM   #24  

Several people have started posting under the 20something thread again. Come visit!
Old 05-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #25  

Default Hey there!

Im 25 years old and am definatly looking for some support with my weight loss. I would like to loose about 25 pounds but find that sticking to a diet is impossible for me. So, I am going to try again and am hoping that with having a buddy I may find the support I need to stick with my (or lack their of) motivation. So, if anyone is looking for a buddy, please let me know!
Appalasia
Closed Thread