Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #16  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

It rained here on both firework events! Boo Hoo...this was the worst 4th ever, plus my bf is out of town. so depressing.

I'm thinking i'm going to workout for an hour and half tonight, I've been off exercising for the past 3 days...uh oh. Not a good start to July at all.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #17  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well 4th of July was a disaster as far as eating and exercising goes. I really have set myself back with this one. But I did not get to look this way in a day and I won't be the smokin hot momma I want to be in a day either. I just have to learn how to be good in the longterm. So working the at home job for a long time today. Need to get at least my run in. Would be nice to get my strength training in as well. I need some momentum!

steph - I wish I could run faster and further outside...I think it is mental with me too lol. I am loving it...hopefully I can stick with it.

amblyn - Its amazing how much easier it is to eat right when your other half has his heart in it too! Great job on the 10#'s

rosie - happy 4th to you too!

slimming down - I am with you...tomorrow needs to be a good day for me eating and working out wise as well.

daisy - Glad your heel is feeling better. It really is the pits that being outside walking on your heel is your only cardio choice...have you thought about buying a spinner? They usually have older ones for pretty cheap in the paper.

spill - it rained before and after our fireworks. Was beautiful during the show though. Get a good workout in tonight, it will make you feel better!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #18  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Eek! It`s wednesday and my first day back to the boards! It`s hard for me cause I have this week off and that's usually when I "have time" to catch up on everything. Eating/working out has been a little shakier than I expected but it doesn`t help that the vaca and july 4th coincided with PMS. rARR.. But yesterday I actually was pretty good. One hot dog for lunch with fresh fruit and then I had one of those grilled veggie boca burgers instead of the real thing for dinner. Unforunately I also had too much wine.. But, I finally got back to the gym today which should help with the cravings and I'm feeling less junk-food-crappy already.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #19  

Hey Ladies...

My fabulous 4-day weekend is gone But it was lots of fun! We had our own fireworks... Set the neighbor's field on fire... Saw Superman Returns... got lots of driving practice... went on a 10k hike... signed the lease on my new place... Lots of running around and doing stuff.

The hike was awesome (but pretty dang tough!). The trail we took was called Oak Canyon (or was it White Oak Canyon?), and it follows the path of a river up and up and up and up to waterfalls. The higher you make it, the more awesome the waterfalls get. If you make it up the full 5k, you have climbed 1,600 feet in altitude -- that's a lot of uphill! I sure was glad to turn around and point the other direction. It was really neat, at the lowest waterfall there is a still pool where you can swim, and a couple of small falls over rocks which are so slippery, people use them as slides. It was fun to watch all the people doing that.

Thanks for all the advice you all gave about driving a manual last week. The first thing I picked up was up shifting and down shifting... easy! It's taking me a bit more time to get comfortable with the rest of it. I am starting to feel the clutch point, though, which helps with hill starts (and starts in general -- holy cow I wasn't prepared for how hard it can be just to coax the darn car to go forward!). I'm making progress

Eating has probably balanced out with all my activities... but I don't think I'm working on the deficit I ought to be. I'm working on it, though...... I'm determined to make my goal this month!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #20  
2blessed2Bstressed

Superman Returns was good, Brandon Routh is hot!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #21  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

OOHH, I too enjoyed Superman Returns. Unreal how he resembles Christopher Reeves soooooo much.. And on the hottie comment... OH YEA! LOL

Great flick! Looking forward for the next movies to come.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #22  
2blessed2Bstressed

ok, it worked. I forced myself to the gym, even though I had no desire.

I got on the treadmill to warm up and wham, I was feeling pumped after listening to a few jamming songs on my ipod.

got in a 90minute arms and cardio workout! woo hoo, now I'm motivated to kick butt the rest of the week.

I am reporting this, just to let you know. That sometimes, you really do just have to force yourself, sometimes you end up getting pumped, some times, you just drag through it.

ok, I need sleep now. c-ya'll tommorrow
Old 07-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #23  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hooray for the 3 day workweek! It's taking forever!

Lots of sleep, lots of food, and NO exercise! We ended up just kind of bumming around. We were already in the low-key mode by the time Jaime reminded me of what I did last year, so we are doing an ascent this coming weekend. If I manage one fourteener a year, I will be 77 when I finish! Might have to pick up the pace....

Getting back on track has been easier than I thought. I got in an hour of stairs/running/walking in the big arena yesterday and plan on running stairs at Inveso Field tonight.

Glad to hear Superman is good. We were thinking of checking it out at IMAX.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #24  
Lose that Baby Weight!

So yesterday was crazy. My whole city was like flooding and I decided to go to the gym HA THAT IS DEDICATION! To tell you the truth I was in a pissy mood and hubby was out of town so I thought I would work away my sorrows. Did pretty good got cardio and strength in. Man oh man can I feel it today!

wastedthermos - I always wanted to try one of those boca burgers. I usually eat turkey burgers but had not tried them. Any good?

brito - sounds like you had an absolutely fabulous 4th...Mine was good but not THAT good. Those waterfalls sound amazing the photographer that I am I would have been doing that hike lugging all my camera equipment

spill - Always a good idea to force yourself to go to the gym ! Wow nice on the mega minutes of cardio.

june - was there any flooding up there? We got hit pretty hard down here. Both the major highways into/out of my city were closed because the water took away chunks of the road! My internet, phone, tv were all out it was crazy.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #25  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Actually, a sewer cap got blown off right below our apartment creating this massive guyser (sp?). The sewers kept up with it though. It was pretty interesting to watch people exit the bars, not see the 2 feet of water collecting, and completely fall in. It completely flooded out the lightrail tracks and was quite a headache for some folks (entertaining for us!). Between that and the fireworks, we didn't care that the ballgame was delayed.

And we had power through it all. Go know.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #26  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

good news - i am down 1.4kg this morning bringing my total loss to 2.1kg (4.6lb).

the strange thing is that i haven't even exercised this week. just watched what i am eating.

i felt so relieved to see 106kg come up on the scale *sigh*
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #27  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Way to go Daisy! That's great!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #28  
2blessed2Bstressed

Great Job on the Loss! I'm jealous. I haven't seen a lostt in forever. I'm trying to change up my diet, and get my diet and workouts in sync. So far, still hasn't happened.

Happy Friday Ladies!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #29  
Lose that Baby Weight!

TGIF ladies. Well bad news and good news. Bad news first this financial crisis I am in had made me freeze my gym membership for the next two months. So I won't have to pay but I will be working out at home only for a while. I need to redo my monthly goal to figure in tennis and running being my only cardio lol. Good news I have lost 2 lbs...with being too broke to go splurge at a restuarant to gain it all back it should stick this time.

Not much going on today...just working my at home job then hopefully going for a run, and getting some yoga in. God I need it...I am stressed stressed stressed. I am cleaning my house from head to toe...trying to exercise what little control I have over things lately. Any big plans for the weekend chickadees?

june - that sounds hilarious...Ballgame? Did you guys go to Coors Field or INvesco to watch the fireworks?

Daisy - See now you know just how awesome you are doing (the rest of us knew already) Keep up the great work, you are going to get to 60kg...I know it.

Spill - TGIF for sure!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #30  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

Good job Daisy!!!

As for me, I think this is my first post in the weekly thread this week; I was spazzing for the latter half of June but now I think I can see the fruits of my labors. My main thing was that I was broke; some people don't get too bothered by this, but as I cannot drive, money is my only source of freedom and independence. The good news is that I have sorted everything out, so no stress for at least the rest of the summer on that front, which means minimal stress eating. The bad news is that it finally dawned on me how bad I eat when ORF is coming up, so I will have to consciously tackle that next month. Sorry to be speaking only of things that will happen in the future, but focusing on the-here-and-now does not work so well for me (alas).

As far as exercise and the like, I have been bad. Besides walking, I have not danced or biked or swum or anything. I guess I have done pushups a couple days, but overall I feel like a big ol' sack of fat. I have been reading sewing, fabric, and color theory books, so I know what exactly I should be sewing for myself. Losing weight feels nice, but my wallet does not like trying to replace my wardrobe every two months. I mean, really -- I got pants in mid-March, and one pair is foolishly baggy, and the other is only slightly baggy after I dry it on high for an hour. I feel like a hobo!

Wow, did that make any sense? I am sorry, my mind has literally been racing on overdrive for three or four weeks now -- I feel like a coke addict. Anyway, I am also happy to report that I am becoming very accustomed to a healthy lifestyle -- walking at least 5 miles a day and eating some fruit is something my body expects. I am working on teaching it to want veggies and dance class! Also, I can feel the muscles in my leg really taking shape; now that I know I am not poor, I am going to splurge on produce and lean meats to try and flush the fat out of my legs.

Whew! That was too much, sorry. I hope you ladies all have an excellent weekend!
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote