Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #46  
here I go again...

misstraveller- OMG, the sausage in pink bridesmaid dress is cracking me up... I'm sure you'll look great. You'll be able to accomplish a lot in the month before the wedding.

I didn't quite make it to the doubled-up workout today. I had a wretched day at work-- one of my coworkers majorly messed up one of the my projects today because she couldn't be bothered to forward either of the two emails announcing a major change... therefore, I came home and took a two-hour nap after work... ugh! So I did a full hour tonight.

So many posts! And now I want cherries! I hope everyone is doing well and I'll talk to you all again tomorrow. I must say I love reading these posts. It makes me feel connected to you all, and I love it!

Good night!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #47  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Pilates- Oooooh. That makes more sense now. For some reason, I was thinking you were doing some new kind of spinning class called Calorie Cycling.
Yea, I'm easily confused.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #48  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morning Ladies! Well I went to aerobics last night, turned out to be less aerobics and more step and sculpt so I am a bit sore today. Tried to get my running in after the class...disaster! Will have to remember to reserve classes for non training days only. Its pretty funny though they started this new class and I swear it was made for me...it is called "butts and guts" everything I need and more lol! So since I only ran a mile yesterday due to my legs fatiguing I need to get my training run in tonight. Think I may do my pilates/yoga video on top of it...I could use some stretching. Eating went well all day yesterday till I binged on chinese food. So sad to have wasted all my best intentions.

starwatcher - Thanks for the kudos on the running, I am trying so hard. Nice to see someone noticed lol. Sounds like you are a woman with a plan when it comes to your workouts!

June - He ended up chickening out, wanted me to go and ask the instructor if they ever have guys attend the class. I would have been pretty funny though. Way to get that workout in yesterday!

WastedThermos - love your new avatar...Your so pretty!

pilatesgrl - congrats on the loss!

misstraveller - I am sure you will look great in that dress - sounds like your committed.

a bakerchick - An hour is an hour, I am so proud of you for getting it in no matter what.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #49  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ok, time to post a bit.. whee!

Brit - I feel your pain... I was nervous when I moved from my mother's house in PA to my apartment in VA. I had seen pictures online, and my boyfriend had picked it out, but still... don't worry, I'm sure it wil all turn out fine! And I also have to say you look a LOT like a friend of mine.. when I first saw your pic I was like "It's Jenny!" .. and then realized that you weren't.

Star - yes I do love it! Drinking water is something i actually ENJOY now.. i dont make a face whenever i take a sip! *dances with joy*

I majorly cut my finger last night, and it still hurts.. which made my shower after my workout fun, hah. But when I weighed myself today it actually read about 199.. such a little bit, and it might not even stay, but so encouraging.

Im holding my breath until I get to 185, which where where I got to before, before I just stopped... until then it's all catch-up time, I'll feel even better once I can start going past there.

Aaaand.. that's all.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #50  
here I go again...

Stephie- you are the nicest girl ever! I would totally do a "Butts and Guts" class with you if I lived anywhere near Colorado... instead I am in humidity central... oy! Chinese food isn't the worst thing to binge on, hopefully there were some veggies involved?

Fae- Ouch! I hope your finger is feeling better today! Don't hold your breath, oxygen burns fat ... I'm a smartass, sorry

Had almost a 13 hour workday, feeling pooped ... gotta work up the ambition to get my workout in tonight... I've just GOT TO MAKE MY JUNE GOAL!!!

Happy Summer everyone!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #51  

Fae- I'm both nervous about it and excited... I'm only half in love with change, you know? I just get tired of being shipped around so often. My dad was in the military, so we moved a lot when I was a kid, and I can't wait to just STAY PUT! I think you're the second person on these forums to say I look like one of their friends/relatives... Which is so weird! I never get that in person! Maybe I AM those other people too, I just don't know it?

Yesterday was pretty much an eating disaster, but at least I got a workout in, and a lot of walking (in uncomfy work shoes... so my feet hurt!). Today eating will be 100%, above board, all clean -- breakfast consists of a ff yogurt, 1/2 large banana, and a homemade apple-oat muffin. lunch will be lf cottage cheese, black cherries, 1/2 pb sandwich. I have an apple and the other half of the banana and another ff yogurt here if I get hungry for a snack. The only big questionmark in my day today is what will I do for dinner! That could turn a great day into an awful one. I'll do my best to hold it together!

Happy Thursday everybody!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #52  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

WastedThermos: I TOTALLY love your new avatar! And, congrats on resisting temptation. (p.s. I'm easily confused too! )
Pilatesgrl: Yeah, I was stoked to go to England and Wales! I'd wanted to go since I was really young (like 9ish), and was finally able to so. One of my big life goals is to travel to a new place every year. I've been to 6 countries (not counting USA--where I live), 12 states, and tons of cities and towns along the way. You can travel while in school, though. I did my first trip to Europe that way (Italy, France, Spain) through EF tours. They've got a "College Break" section now too, so it serves those who are 18-30ish. It's great to do it that way because your price (that they list) includes airfare, hotels, breakfast, dinner, transportation (around the areas), tour guide, and some attractions. The only thing you end up paying for while on vacation are lunches, any souviners, and additional attractions on your free days (if you choose to do so). You should google them and take a look if you're interested. Also, if you become a college campus rep, there's a way you can travel for free, too!
junebug41: I'm a pretty slow swimmer too...that's why I tend not to do laps because they are the rec pools and there are usually people there who are SO much faster than me, but I do love swimming!
misstraveller: I've never been a bridesmaid, but I have been a flower girl (when I was younger), and I didn't look so much like a stuffed sausage as a pot-bellied pig. Good luck!
ABakerchick17: Hopefully today will be better than yesterday! Sorry to hear about your project getting messed up, though. I took a nap last night too...and it was SO nice to do so. You'll make your goal, just keep pluggin' at it!
stephie: I try to have a plan when I workout, but it doesn't always happen! I tried my first step class this week and was slightly sore the next day too. I know I definitley didn't feel like doing more after that class. We don't have a "butts and guts" class, but we have two others that are pretty good..."chicks with balls" and "balls to the wall"...good stuff!
FaeReverie: Yay for pure water!!! I totally cut my finger yesterday too, but instead of the shower thing, I had gone to the restroom here at work, and the soap dispenser doesn't work, so without thinking I just used my antibacterial gel....OMGoodness!!! That hurt SO bad!! Be thankful you didn't do a me and forget about your cut!
brito: You're making me SO hungry!! LOL Every time I read the boards there's more about foods...lol. But, seriously, that food sounds awesome and I wish I had some too!

Last edited by starwatcher; 06-22-2006 at 01:45 PM.
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #53  

Hi! Can I join you all? I'm 20 and I've been on 3fc for awhile, just hadn't joined or joined in and now I want to! I'm on my way to class now, but I'll add more about me later

-K
inHimIcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #54  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Everything has been good on the exercise front here, i'm loving the new pool pass and heading to yoga tonight. I'm very much looking forward to the weekend though, work has been busy and next week will probably be a 60+ hr week (ick!), but i'm going to try my hardest to cook meals in bulk so i don't rush out and eat crappy food and not allow time for activity.

Misstraveler - I feel your pain, back in November I was a red "bridesmaid sausage" Seeing the pictures fromthe wedding actually was one of the motivating factors to loose some weight. Lucky for you figured it out before hand!

InhimICan - welcome!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #55  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
just checking in work has slowed down a bit, so i've had some time to catch up on posts and go to the grocery store. last week i was losing some serious weight, but this weekend i gained most of what i had lost back. sigh. this week has been full of dinners and lunches, so i'm not hoping for too much loss-wise. losing weight for me goes sooo sllowwllly now. i have lost probably a pound in the past 2 months! i am trying not to get discouraged though, and just hoping for a 1/2 pound loss each week. my real hard time is over the weekend so i am already mentally preparing myself for healthy choices when eating out and at the bars (always the hardest part!)

denice -- i used to love swimming, but now i live nowhere near a pool i can understand working the long hours and wanting to just grab the easiest food available, but i always try to keep in mind that the starbucks cookie will only make me feel worse when i get on the scale

inHimICan -- Welcome!!

starwatcher -- Those classes sound so fun! I'm jealous!!

stephie -- i love working out in classes at the gym! have you tried journaling your food intake? i used to always overeat either snacking throughout the day or at dinner, and since i started writing down EVERYTHING i eat, i am much more likely to think about how many calories are in everything i put in my mouth!

i hope everyone is having a wonderful day before friday!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #56  

Miss Michelle- I always have a hard time on weekends too. I might go out this weekend with a friend, and I'm kind of scared I won't be able to turn down most of the bad foods. I have averaged 1300 or so this week, so I can afford to splurge a bit one day, but I dont want to sabotage what work I've done so far.

Last week I weighed in at 177 or so (after eating bad..a LOT bad) but I always can get these top pounds off easier...and today I weighed in at 172. I'm sure most of it's water weight though. Once I get to 154-152 is when things get difficult for me. So we'll see how things go!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #57  
Working on it!

Good morning ladies!
I am a lurker at 3fc. I read the posts and journals a lot for inspiration, lol. I am trying to get in shape before my birthday next year. I need to lose 80 lbs to hit my 145pd goal before September 28th, 2007. That's totally doable. I checked it in FitDay and it's about 1.2lbs per week. If I play my cards right I'll hit my goal WAY before then. You all seem like a good bunch, and I'd like to keep posting here if that's ok. I'm 26 and live in Houston, TX. I'm married to a wonderful husband, but no kids yet. We're trying to wait until we are more financially stable. I am ticking hardcore though lol! So...is it weird that I've been craving California Rolls? I just ate some for a total of 330 cals, and about 2% fat. That's WAY below my goal of less than 1750 cals per day. That and a bowl of cereal is all I've had for the day. I need to seriously work on my water intake, but I really dislike water. Especially here in Houston. The water is so nasty. Anyhoo, I guess that's it. Thanks for letting me butt in!
ChickinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #58  

Welcome Chickenhouston!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #59  
Proud US Navy Wife

Welcome Chickenhousten and inHimican!! Posting here is more than ok.. we want you to!

brit - you're the evil twin, aren't you? HAHA I have figured you out!

Star - ow! Yea I got lucky with that.. look on the bright side though, now you know your cut is clean!

denice - sounds good! I remember once I made a chicken helper thing, using skim milk and such, and that was enough food for me for a few days, which left time for other things! And have fun with the yoga.. I would love that, if I were a bit more flexable.

michelle - I hear that! One of my favorite places to go when I visit my friends is a tavern/restaraunt.. we usually don't eat there because the food is expensive, but it smells way too good. =x

Pilates - I have yet to get to the "last few lbs" but, and I'm not looking forward to it, from what I have heard.. good luck with it!

Ok, now that I think I have caught up...

When I weighed myself today, it was the second straight day of being under 200.. which is my signal to take an average and change my ticker! Woooooooo! I am full of super-pride. I said it last time and I'll say it again.. NO MORE 200. EVER. Not ever ever ever ever EVER. And working out today was evil, because it is so HOT here. It's a 5 minute walk from my apartment to the cardio room.. the walk there was bad enough, but the walk home, when I was already overheated and sweaty, was even worse. All I want to do right now is curl up and watch Rent, which I will do for a bit.. but there's a kitchen that needs cleaning and a bed that needs to be made and dinner that needs to get started.. and I like to do these things, since my boyfriend pretty much pays for everything... but that does not mean I enjoy it at the moment!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #60  

Yeah, when the hard times start when I am in the 150's...I am nowhere near the end. I still need to lose weight at that point. I hope to get into the 120's...