Old 05-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - May 29 - June 4**

Morning Ladies

Welcome to all the newbies - I hope you will join in on the chat

Well I have set my exercise goal for June at 1200 minutes. I figure that I will definately make my May goal of 1000 over the next 3 days (or die trying!) and seeing as I had nearly two weeks off during May, 1200 is more than achievable. Time to step it up a notch so I can finally lose some weight.

I am watching my food more now which is good as I know this is the one thing that has stopped me from losing recently. Just mindless eating throughout the day - nothing overly indulgent. So, lots of veges and fruit, fish, nuts and wholegrains for me. I had some steel cut oats for the first time this morning with some blueberries. To my surprise it was quite yummy.

OH and I went for a walk yesterday. We did 7kms. I would have like to have done 8 as intended, but my feet were so sore. I am in dire need of new shoes. I have literally worn a hole in the heel through the fabric and am getting blisters galore.

Tonight may not be a walk as it is wet and gloomy, but might whip out the old Tae Bo DVD and give that a whirl. I haven't done it in ages!

I hope everyone had a good weekend
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Welcome all newbies!!!

Daisy - Ug, don't you hate shoes that just don't do their job? Sounds like you have a good plan for this month too!

I am starting again full force tomorrow. I think I have been dragging my feet because I am so close to my goal and I don't know what the heck I will do when I don't have weight to lose anymore. (BTW my new goal is 130, so I have a little to go). I am excited, but a little scared because I know if I workout as much as I did when I was going strong and eat good as well the rest of this weight is going to fly off, which YES is very exciting, but a little exhausting mentally!

The new job is great. It's a training job, but it's at a small studio where the programs are already made up, there is no selling, and I get paid for the hours I am there regardless if there is a client or not. I really feel comfortable there. And I don't feel the usual pressure I have felt in the past working at gyms.

Still smoking, but planning on not anymore as of tomorrow. I have only been smoking again for about a month, and although I know it will be tough, I did it before cold turkey. Plus Daisy is my motivation! I also know that I can't workout and smoke, it makes me feel sick, that's why I quit last time. I literally couldn't smoke because it make me barf, haha.

Anyway. Here's to a good week chicks!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #3  
fat fighter

you know what's funny stephanie? Since having quit smoking, I feel as though I am taking it easy on my workouts.

I told the boyfriend "I can talk and sing but I am working at about 75% - do you think maybe I need to step it up a notch more". Then I realised that my comparison to before was when I would start to wheeze and my chest would get tight and I would get a stitch in my side doing only half of what I am doing now. I kept thinking I need to get to that place where I can hardly breathe. and the most stupid thing was once I finished a workout - I had a cigarette

Its the strangest feeling now to not feel like dropping dead while exercising kind of makes my enjoy my exercise now too

You can do it stephanie lets make June count
Old 05-28-2006, 11:21 PM   #4  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Hey ladies.. Nothin much new here.. Tryin to get my eating in check again.. I had an ok day today.. probably about 1700 calories, i wanted to try to keep it at max 1500 but this pms is killin me lol. I realized at the end of the day that I had been snacking on stuff i probably shouldnt have.. Oh well, better than i HAVE been doing latley lol. Atleast i didnt eat any cake or brownies right!

Stephanie- Good luck quitting. I know how much it sucks, but you can do it!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:29 AM   #5  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

hey ladies!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had to work today, but i'm taking tomorrow off so yea! I should have a slower week at work so hopefully i'll get in more exercise time than i have been. I tried a new yoga class on thursday which was great! I was sore for a couple of days, but in an enjoyable way so i'm going to try and go back a couple times a week. I also got one of those Tantia body fat/scales, kinda depressing because i weigh about 5 pounds more than i did on my old analog one. Also, the booklet informs me that i'm "Overfat" and have quite a ways to go till normal (totally depressing). oh well.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

I've been really busy which is why I haven't been around much lately. That doesn't mean I've totally fallen off the wagon! I have been eating some junk in the last few days but am trying to clean up my act a little bit - I just don't feel as good. Plus I've had a cheese fetish the last few weeks, and I usually only keep single serving string cheese around cuz otherwise I'll eat more than 1 serving at a time - need to control the cheese! I have been getting too much in the habit of drinking a beer or two after work so I've resolved to only have any drinks on the weekend. I did it last week, so I'm going for 2 weeks in a row. I need to up my gym workouts a little more. I've definitely been reintroducing my knees (which are still pain-free) to cardio a little too slowly since giving them a few weeks off in April. I did go diving this weekend! I love that my options are opened up to alternative forms of exercise during the summer weather with diving, kayaking, swimming (the ocean is the only 'public pool' in the county).

Hi newbies!

Daisy, ouch, sounds like you definitely need new shoes. Ouch, feet sound in pain!

Stephanie, good luck quitting. Sounds like your new job is very nice.

Marineswife85, I was reading your other post and frankly it sounds like your husband's friends are being really rude bringing you brownies etc. to make for them when you can barely walk and are trying to take care of your own family. If I were you I'd tell them where to...umm...well you get the idea.

denice81, I hate labels like "overfat", "obese", etc. You've committed to making your body better, and you're doing it, one change at a time. Focus on how much better you feel with each change, and don't worry about the other stuff.

Hopefully I'll be around more this week. Have a great holiday everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Happy Memorial Day!

Things here are super busy .. seems like they always are anymore. This is going to be a crazy, hectic week. Leaving for vacation on Friday..which also happens to be our 11th anniversary..

Work will be super busy as i have a MILLION things to do this week and it's all before i leave for a week. Doesn't is always work out that way? Oh well, get through all of my meetings/deadlines and it'll be smooth sailing for the following week!

Daisy, invest in some good shoes..it'll be worth it in the long run.

Stephanie, lots of luck in the smoking cessation! You can do it! Think of how much healthier you'll be ..

Marineswife, hope your ankle starts to feel better quickly!

Denice, i dislike those labels as well. I know i'm overweight but don't consider myself obese..although, with those labels, i am. I stick with overweight. You're doing great! 20# lost already, fantastic!

Hope everybody has a great week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #8  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Well after about 3 weeks of really not bothering to pay attention to what I have been eating the verdict is out.

I have gained 1.4lbs. But in an effort to turn things around I got up earlier this morning and did a small workout 26 minutes on the treadmill. And last night I made sure to pack my lunch no more eathing out!

Here's to a good start! I vow to be on the boards more often from now on I need the support.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default 5.30.2006

Hey everyone! I'm back, hopefully for good! I've been around, just haven't been posting much in the chat.

We've gotten SO many newbies! from the Moderator here at 20-somethings.

We have 2 days left everyone!!!
Did you know we have done
220 HOURS
13,219 MINUTES

of exercise as a group thus far?! Keep up the great work!

I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago but i will be changing that around starting June. I think i am ready again, especially to put together into practice my fitness AND having a job. I've gained 6 pounds this month and a half! I went back on Fitday.

I need to do things differently this time and I'm a bit lost.
Do any of you know what is the next step after losing most of your weight already and trying to put on the finishing touches? I have a few flabby fat rolls left but now I need/want to tone my body and get those washboard abs I've always dreamed of.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 05-30-2006 at 10:05 AM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OMG I have been soooo busy and on T.O.M. all week....I have been travelling for work pretty much every weekend and will continue to do so for at least two more. However working out of town doing tournaments so I am on my feet for like 10 hours a day running back and forth to the photo booth so getting some exercise in and man oh man am I tan! Eating has been crap, water consumption has been good. Overall I just need to give myself a big kick in the pants and make this June count. I am tired of putting in the minutes exercise wise and then eating crap and evening out to losing nothing...

daisy - that is so great about you hitting your may goal...and also on all your NSV's lately.

steph - I know what you mean about being aprehensive to lose the rest of the weight. Getting rid of this weight and getting in shape is so much of my life right now I think sometimes I worry "what will I do if I do n't have this anymore..." Mental thing...crap...

heather - Just say no to cake and brownies lol...good for you. Glad to see you back here and on track.

denice - I love yoga, sooo relaxing but still a good challenge...

megan - oooh cheese fetish...I can relate. Good luck vamping up those gym workouts.

amblyn - Happy early anniversary.

rosie - Great job on the early morning workout, get it in before it gets procrastinated away...

maja - Welcome back hun, glad to see you are doing well.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #11  
I hate chub-rub!

Smile Hello!

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking in this forum for a while, but I hadn't really committed myself to losing weight. Now I am ready and willing and getting in gear! I have decided I must lose 30 lbs in the next 6 months. I have wanted to lose weight for so long, but all I'm losing is time. I am going to put that to good use, and get started. I really need to support now, as I know it's going to be tough. I've started a fitday account and I hope to be more active on the boards. I always seem to just miss the monthly challenges, and you better believe I will be in on the June one.

Daisy Boo, you are fabulous. You definantly help motivate me to get off my bum and start walkin'.

LockItUp, it must feel awesome to be so close to your goal. It's tough not getting discouraged when you are just starting out, (or starting again, like me).

Denice, don't you just hate switching scales? I always weigh about 7 lbs. more on my doctors scale, even though I just got a new bodyfat one that I thought was accurate. Just another reason to not like the doctor My scale says I am on the line of obese, and that is totally scary. I think I was in denial before.

Amb Lyn, Happy early Anniversary!
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Hi ladies.
Doing pretty good over here. I've been exercising pretty consistently lately. I've been also craving sweets like crazy but have kept them to a minimum.
I had a nice surprise yesterday. As a lot of you probably remember I adore supercross rider Chad Reed. I went on his website yesterday and there's actually a picture of me on it! I couldn't believe it. http://www.chadreedracing.com/galler...=7&ImageID=312

Welcome newbies!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Anyone else purchase the US magazine with Janet on the front?

I picked it up at the local store while I was there buying ice cream!!!! ok..ok, I know!

So, anyways, suprisingly, it was pretty good. It had the atheltic celebrities, not the ones that starve themselves in this issue also.

and guess what? they all swear by eating right and exercise....no magic pills, just lots of work at the gym, and eating the right things.

It was a good buy. Have a great week everyone. I'm headed back to the gym tonight! woo hoo!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #14  
fat fighter

Wow - this most definately is my week for NSV's.

I achieved my goal of 1000 minutes and 45kms exercise for May barely, but I did it.

It wasn't easy though. Today I had to get in that 5k and I was ready to turn around and go home after the first 500 meters. Every dog was off lead, kids running riot which of course taunted my dogs to try and chase them. This one kid say on the path and threw rocks from the side of the path, onto the middle of the path WTF?

Anyway, I was so ready to give it up and go home but thought about my goal and decided these idiots were not going to take my victory away from me. So I did it. Felt soooo good too. My feet are aching now. I think a bath may be in order.

i will be buying some new shoes this week hopefully. the ones i have now are gel asics, but having thought about it, i have had them for 1.5 years. i am obviously getting more use out of them now than before, but think i am over pronating too. need to get a full assessment.

spill - i obviously haven't gotten the magazine, but read quite a few comments on Janet Jacksons recent transformation. She looks amazing, but seems awful fast to lose all that weight.

stacy - you do realise that chad reed is an aussie? yes, another claim for us there are so many invading the US lately its hard to keep track. gee, they breed them good down here

stephie - i am definately with you on making food count as much as the exercise. i think that is both of our downfalls. imagine the possiblities if we actually kept with the program?

kellibee - welcome i am glad you feel motivated to get up and move. trust me, i took my time doing it. my motto at the moment is "pretend to love it, until you do". it seems to be doing the trick

trns - glad to hear you are back on track. perhaps posting in the LWL or the Maintainers might bring some answers for you re: your question. i do know that diet is a big part of fantastic abs. the exercises sort of come second to that.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:44 AM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Everyone

Not much interesting here. My horrible job ended last week - and with me losing my voice at that. The agency said that they don't have anything else at the moment, so now I'm jobless again. It's good and it sucks. I don't want to be working right now, but I have to because I need the money. So even though I'll enjoy having free time, I'm already starting to worry that the agency won't have any jobs for weeks and weeks - and I only have a couple hundred dollars for current expenses AND need to save up about 3k for tuition. I'll be getting very desperate very fast, I think.

Nearly a month ago I had an interview with another agency. The consultant said she'd let me know once something came up, but it's been a MONTH and no news whatsoever... moreover, I left her a couple of messages and she hasn't called back. I don't know what to think of that, or what is going on, for that matter. If they don't want to find me a job, why waste 2 hours of their time for the interview and various tests?
It just doesn't make any sense because I know some people who are registered with those two agencies (and a third one, where they said they didn't have time for travellers like me!). They get lots of work, and never end up being without work for more than 2-3 days.

Food has been alright, but not exercise. I'm feeling so awfully lazy! I can't bring myself to workout, and I even missed my beloved yoga classes this week and last week as well. What's more, this is likely to continue. I just don't see myself getting on the stationary bike, or going for a run, or doing anything else. Any ideas on how to break out of this?

Daisy, aren't long walks with the dogs great? The dogs love it, and you end up having fun and getting a workout.

Stephanie, congrats on the new job, great to hear you're liking it. And good luck quitting smoking!

Goodness, I'm getting kicked off the internet in a few minutes, and still have to finish an email to a professor (I'm thinking of doing an independent study next year)... so back another time!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote