Old 05-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #16  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

OH = Other Half. He's not my hubby, but I feel too old to call him my boyfriend, so other half it is

BTW (by the way ) I found a great motivational tool for myself yesterday. Instead of waiting until I had done my exercise I logged it in the Fitness Challenge of what I 'intended' to do that night.

When I got home I had to talk myself into working out, but remembered that I had posted my workout for all the world to see and could not deal with the shame of deleted it and the chance that someone had seen it. So I did my workout and then logged the minutes in the 20,000 mins challenge and changed the signature. Worked like a charm I think I will continue to do it in future.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #17  

ah..... other half! that makes so much sense!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #18  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK so yesterday ws the first day I have had in a while to just relax. However I felt so bad about not getting a workout in I decided to do some strength training before I went to bed. Mid move I started getting this pain in my back. Stopped post haste very disappointed that I had only gotten 20 minutes in. Today it feels better though. I did my measurements again yesterday...I have reverted at least halfway back to my starting point. I am gaining weight again...I need to be more disciplined, I have been far to much of a slacker lately. Need to work my at home job, then get a workout in today. Still have that run on my agenda.

pilates - cozumel? I am sooo jealous, you will be having fun in the sun while I am a workin! That truly is some real motivation, bikini season in cozumel would be enough to scare me.

neveah - I know how celebrations and food go hand in hand in some families. My husbands family are from the south and it seems like any time there is a special occasion they deep fry it in southern goodness.

brito - I am definitely not superwoman, but thank you for the compliment. I was wondering about the new frusion...I may have to try it now. Great job on the eating btw.

miss michelle - That late night break is a great suggestion. I need to start breaking things down into smaller more managable tasks. Enjoy your week at home.

june - lol about your firemen post. My father in law is a fireman and it just kind of ruins them for me.

spill - A move and summer school, you are just always so busy. Good job on eating right last week, be strong for your weekends, you are worth it.

salvi - I do some work sometimes for a company such as the one you work for, and then when times are slow photography wise I do the same sort of thing on my own. You mean there is another kind of workday other than shooting 8 hours in the blistering sun? J/k...always seems to be my like though.

daisy - That is a good trick for working out. I need to step up my exercise if I am going to hit my goal this month. When will I ever learn lol.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #19  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I think i really over did yesterday in general. I woke up at 5:30 AM, went to work, worked 11.5 hours, came home, ate and sat for an hour, went to the gym for an hour, came home, took a shower and went to bed.

I about cried at the gym. But at least i got it in. I need to step it up, summer is just around the corner.

This is walking distance from my work, I took the photo after eating my lunch a few days ago:

Its my mums birthday today!

Sorry I'm all over the place, it is that type of morning i guess.
I'm TIRED.

I will reply to all your posts when i get home from work.
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #20  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Stephie: your comment made me stop and think today. Yes, I am worth it! I think that is sometimes why I sabatoge myself when I start doing really well, is because I struggle with my worth. Really, I think that is it. Thank you for the response!

Sometimes I feel so random when I post, because I don't always comment on everyone's doings. I don't want to not post and slowly get away from being in the group and then getting back to not participating I know will lead me down the path to some not so good things. I need to be accountable.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is Thank you to all you ladies that post here on 20-somethings! You guys are inspiration-motivation to me!

Ps. Trnsfrmer...no more posting of pictures of your view...that just makes me want to quit my job and move to CA!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, I'm jealous. very beautiful, your a lucky girl.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #21  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
yesterday i left work early since i am in between projects and went shopping. i was really disapointed though...usually i wear a 6/8 or size 29 waist, but nearly everything i tried on that fit was a 10 or a 30. i am hoping that this is because i was trying on summer stuff (shorts and skirts) that are generally cut on the small side, but it still made me feel yucky. i know i haven't gained any weight and i am praying that it isn't because my behind is getting even bigger!! (i run A LOT and have the booty to prove it) other than that, it was great to be home and eat my own food. i hope everyone is having a great day!

spill, don't worry about random postings. your entry made me laugh

trns, that picture is absolutely beautiful! i love being at the beach when it's clear. here in sf we get LOTS of fog!

stephie, don't worry about being off plan for a few days. focus on eating right and getting in good excercise for a few days and you will be right back on track.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #22  

Well, I'm still holding strong at 141. I know it's just a number, but I just want to see that 139! I've been so bad at getting in workouts/running. I ran Saturday though. But now it's Tuesday.

We finally got cable this weekend though. (We just moved a couple of months ago.) Well, see we used to live downtown, and there was no cable there due to all the utilities being underground and whatever, anyways, we had satellite. So cable - this whole "On Demand" stuff is a whole new world to me. For instance, they have workouts that you can play whenever you want, and they change every couple of weeks! So I did manage to get in a 10 minute "core" workout. Not much, but at least something.

Oh, and michelle, I think your right on point about the summer clothes. Do companies think that only super skinnies shop for summer clothes?? Haha
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #23  
fat fighter

Well yesterday was a great success exercise wise. I had to go to the dentist yesterday afternoon, so was home earlier than usual and decided to get out there and get my walk in.

I intended on doing 5kms in 60 minutes and ended up doing 6kms in 65mins! So proud of myself for going the extra 'mile' (you might say ). The poor doggies had no idea what was going on and were exhausted last night. I think I might have to give them a break from the walks as they are getting skinny. Oh, if only I could say the same for me!

Last night however after I had my shower, I had dinner and then when I got up, I had a pain go through my heel. I couldn't walk on it. So I ignored it and hoped it would go by morning, but no - its still there. Weird. I think I might forgo the cardio planned tonight (45 min walk) and just do my weights and do yoga instead of the cardio. I can do some extra cardio on the weekend instead.

trns - beautiful view! very california (in my opinion anyway). I will have to get a pic for you of our coastline for comparison. might be a nice idea actually to go for a walk along the coast this weekend. Are you feeling ok? Is it the pressure of work and home or something else making you feel this way?

stephie - did you get that run in? now your routine is a little more acceptable, you should be able to get yourself back on plan in no time. I think we both needed a kick up the butt to make us realise that no one is going to do this but ourselves. The responsibility lies with us and we have to do it to get what we want out of life

spill - don't worry about the random posts. i like reading them

missmichelle - when was the last time you took your measurements? maybe you have had a bit of a 'butt lift' from your running. don't worry about it. i know what you mean about the cuts though - i wear clothes ranging from size 16 to size 20 (AUS)
Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #24  
fat fighter

Trns - I know you are busy and I hope you don't mind me doing this. I thought we needed a kick up the butt for our 20,000 minute challenge. This time last month we had completed 13,402 minutes of exercise!

ONLY 14 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!
Did you know we already have done
141.2 HOURS
8,472 MINUTES

of exercise as a group?! Keep up the great work!
Only 11,528 minutes left to reach our goal!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #25  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default I don't mind what so ever....

Thanks Daisy!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #26  
fat fighter

Angry

I'm a bit angry at myself.

I did my weights which was real tough (lower body and first time using higher weights) and I was pleased with that. Those lunges nearly killed me.

Then I set myself up to do some yoga and decided to use a different DVD to the one I usually use. A bit more advanced and flows faster, but I couldn't get through more than 40 minutes of it. I just could not go on and only did one side of my body for the main poses. Granted that the poses up first after the warm up were strength (and I did my first eagle pose!), but I wanted to do the full disc.

I just gave up

My legs are numb
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #27  

Well, I weighed in at 140 this morning!

Off to start another crazy day at work. Man, it's cold right now for mid-May in Florida! It was in the 50's last night!! And then, I wake up to find out that the air was cranked to 68 degrees all night. I just haven't been able to warm up!

Trnsfrm - I will have to post my view down the street from where I work. HA! Total opposite view, no sunny beaches here, just pavement, pawn shops, and H&R Blocks...
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:06 AM   #28  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I feel so sick ladies. I am achy, my back is hurting me, I feel stuffy and just generally under the weather. I am working as always. Still have yet to really get back on track. Reading about Daisy sticking it to her workouts is making me tired! How is everyone doing towards their monthly goal?

maja - what a beautiful place...I live in colorado. Looks more like this

all mountains and rocks and dirt lol. Would love to work near a scene like that.

spill - Don't worry about posting to everyone hun. I work from home so I have lots of time. If I was a working class commuter I am not sure if I would be able to reply to everyone. We love hearing about your progress, just keep checkin in.

miss michelle - Your right, I just need to get back on track. So running improves your booty eh? Great that is my biggest area of needs improvement.....

salvi - Thats awesome about the on demand workouts. Do they charge for them? You live in FL? My husband and I always talk about moving there.

daisy - I did not get my run in. I think I may be sick and my back is hurting me from my strength training the other day. I think I need to do some walking at the very least. I get so set on running that if I can't fit it in or don't feel well enough to go I just skip cardio all together. I wonder what the pain in your heel is...

Last edited by Stephanie Osborne; 05-17-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #29  

Height: 5'3"

I am officially a new aunt! My sister delivered a beautiful baby boy yesterday. He is so tiny! It's been years since I've held a newborn.. you forget just how little they really are. Because of all the chaos going on I haven't been 100% on track. I am back full swing today and heading to the gym tonight to do some good intense cardio.

trnsfrmnreplace - That view is gorgeous... I would love to visit California someday.

Daisy Boo - I have been thinking about starting yoga. Do you find it to be a good stress relief? Also, any suggestions on DVD's for a beginner?

salvi - I keep saying the same thing! How weird is it to be almost June and to be fairly cold outside? We didn't even have our air on last night and I was a little chilly. Hey, I'm not complaining though. Definitely better than those scorching days awaiting us when your makeup melts off your face...

stephiewilliams - Don't worry about your workouts right now and take care of your body! That doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope you feel better soon

Last edited by Nevaeh; 05-17-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #30  

So here's a scary thought: I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow! Well, it's really not that scary. I'm excited, mostly. We've decided to fast-track the wedding and have a really small ceremony (like, 20 people) in October. I won't get into the reasons because, well, they're long and uninteresting (and frankly I can't remember if I've posted about this before yet!). I can't wait to see myself in all of those beautiful dresses (most of which will be out of my budget)!

Nevaeh -- Congrats to your sister, and congrats to you on being a new auntie! What's his name, how much did he weigh, etc? Babies are so exciting! Soon you won't have to worry about finding time for cardio -- you'll be chasing your little nephew around so many parks you won't know what to do with yourself!

Daisy -- Don't be too hard on yourself! You upped your weights and tried a new, more difficult yoga program. Perfectly logical that it was difficult! I'm so impressed with your resolve lately, you're doing an awesome job!

salvi -- neat, on demand workouts... I was flipping channels one morning and saw that we pick up a cardio show around 7am... At first I was excited but then I watched it a little and it was dull, dull, dull! The woman wasn't motivating, the moves didn't look challenging -- looked more like marching in place with an occasional arm movement. The instructor looked like she missed out on her morning gallon of coffee.... I hope your results with TV exercise are better

Stephie -- feel better soon, hon! I'm sure you've heard this a million times before but make sure you're getting your water, it might be enough to help you perk up a bit. Colorado is beautiful... I bet there's lots of hiking in those hills!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote