Old 05-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #16  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far..I can't believe it's only Tuesday! stacy, i am feeling exactly the same way you are. after a great weekend and a 1.5 loss, last night i went totally crazy. i was full from dinner when i got "home" (my hotel room) and then i went totally crazy. i had a half of a box of butterfinger minis and a box of cookies. i knew i was full and kept eating even though i knew i wouldnt feel well. i have been dealing with this kind of behavior for as long as i can remember...i remember being 14 and sitting down to watch tv at night and eating half a box of cheez its i think i am a binger/over eater but i don't know to what extent. i feel like my friends and familiy (with the exception of one or two people) can just eat like normal people...and here i am making myself sick with junk. i am just tired of it, tired of not having control. sigh. does anyone else feel the same way? thanks for letting me vent
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #17  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Oh I've been so bad about checking in here lately. My work is finally starting to come down a little so I actually get a few minutes to see how everyone is doing!

I slacked off totally during the month of April in regards to exercise. I lost no weight, but didn't gain either. This month I'm hoping to get back on track. I did 50 minutes at the gym yesterday and hope to do an hour today. I keep trying to tell myself that not going to the gym is only hurting me and no one else. I need to be healthy so gym here I come for the month of May!!!

Daisy Boo - I'm with Dreamer on your avatar making me want to move my tush!!!

RosieK - Yes, visiting the forum does help out a lot. I notice that when I know I've been bad like slacking off on the exercise, then I tend to steer clear of the website. I need to make it a regular habit again.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #18  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I am worried about Stephanie. On her blog she was posting about possibly having an eating disorder and just generally sounded very upset. I wish she would come back here...we love her!

No workout yesterday. Had no time, literally wound down and went to bed at like 11, was going going going since 8 that morning. Today will have to be different. Going to a baseball game today. Need to focus on eating really clean. Need to run today and strength train as well. Need to get at least one of these in (I find when I plan too many things are mandatory if I am short on time I pubnk out on both of them) Well here is to having a great day ladies!

brito - get yourself a minifridge and a cabinet...keep it in your room. Its an easy way to keep yourself from being tempted by their yuckiness. I am happy your fiance is not going to be away for too long, that has got to take away some of your worries.

stacy - It always takes time to get back on the wagon once you have fallen off. Sounds like you are back on track now.

daisy - I am an after dinner snacker too...I know people like Oprah says you shouldnt eat after 8 or something ridiculous like that. I say if you body needs food feed it, but only if you are really hungry. If you are hungry after dinner only let yourself eat a fruit or a veggie...something not yummy so you can really tell if you are hungry or not.

miss michelle - I feel your pain. I am the same way with binge eating. I actually thought maybe I had a disorder than I started following the chicks in control forum and realized I am not that far from normal actually.

mocha - No gain is good...though loss would be better, lets kick butt this May!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #19  
Chuggin' along...

My roommate & I were the last ones to arrive at yoga yesterday afternoon and the circle was already full. We were going to squeeze into the back but the teacher was like "well since you girls are late you have to sit in the middle." Let me tell you, it's hard to relax and "let go of any stress you're holding" when all you can think is "there are 4 people behind me with my butt in their face and looking at my wobbly thighs in my shorts!" I think I'll be really early next time!

miss michelle, I think a lot of us tend to binge sometimes - I know I certainly do. I try to keep trigger foods in multiple servings out of my house - cartons of ice cream, boxes of cookies, etc. It's certainly not healthy behavior. I know naturally slender people who will eat like that, but either a) have a naturally fast metabolism, b) are huge athletes with fast metabolisms anyway, (I say "with fast metabolisms anyway b/c I know there are many members of this forum who are very athletic and can't eat like that!) or c) might eat half a box of cookies but skip 1 or 2 other meals that day. I don't have any good solutions other than to steer clear of certain things entirely. Getting 100-cal packs or individually portioned granola bars, etc. is the only thing I can keep as a "dessert" in my house without losing control.

stephiewilliams, bocci is a lawn game that entails several large, rather heavy (maybe 6 lb?) colored balls (LB) and a smaller ball (SB). You throw the SB and then teams throw the LB towards it, and whoever gets the LB nearest to the SB wins that round, throw again, repeat. Sounds lame but involves more skill/luck when you're in hilly, grassy, sandy terrain. Also we had an extra-large game of about 12 people and started toting a drink cooler behind us when we decided we were leaving the party's lawn and going across the roads and to the beach - traveling bocci.

Hi everybody else!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #20  

Hi everybody
I finally have all the motivation in the world to exercise... It is the only thing that keeps my mind off of the breakup. I am really going to try not to over do it. And here I was thinking the opposite, I just knew I wasn't going to feel like doing anything.
On a sidenote I have realized that some of the people in my life that I thought were friends are soooooo not. People that I just knew would be in my corner haven't even taken the time out to call me to see if I'm OK. I guess I'm spring cleaning in more ways than one. They say people are in your life for a season, a reason or a lifetime. I see now that is so true.

Last edited by Karma27; 05-04-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #21  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i left work an hour early yesterday and got home around 5pm. i knew i had about an hour before the sun would set so i pretty much grabbed the dogs and went out the door for my walk.

after only a short while my calves felt like rocks. my right calf in particular was really painful as i was walking. just like it was cramping up a bit and when i felt it, it was so hard. there must have been more of an incline than i thought on my walk.

i kept going however and eventually, on the return leg, i started to run. yes run! the dogs were so impressed with me and i could tell they wanted to go faster my left knee then started to pinch a little so i slowed down and then thought "hey, no! keep going!" so i did. it went away and i kept running. unbelievable. i must have looked a sight though. i probably only ran about 200 meters all up, but that is huge for someone who hasn't run since high school.

when i got home i went straight to the weights and did my legs and my back, shoulders and chest. i was working to failure by the last rep but it felt so good. especially when i circuited my squats and deadlifts. i felt in such control and so powerful! i am woman!

i set the alarm for 5.30am this morning and did wake up, however reset it for 6.30am. i could have gotten up, but it was cold outside and still dark. i really have to get my walk in, in the morning as i can't keep leaving work early in the afternoon.

on a NSV moment, i did not snack last night. I had my dinner and then drank a litre of water with a little cordial. Hooray for me!

karma - good on you for finding your motivation. using exercise as an outlet for either anger or negativity is a great tool.

megan - i had to laugh at your yoga class debrief. i can see myself thinking exactly the same thing if i was put in the middle of the class.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #22  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hi!
Just a quick check-in... I had the agency interview today, and it went quite well. I discovered that I type with lightning speed.
Hopefully they'll have a job offer for me soon... please please please. My boyfriend's father suggested that I register with several agencies. Great idea, but why couldn't he say that two weeks ago??? It would have given me such a head-start with job search. Oh well. I guess it's my own fault for not asking him sooner.

I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike today (with a Bond book), despite feeling very tired. It actually re-energized me, and I felt great afterwards. And to think that not too long ago I couldn't take more than 10 minutes on that thing... well, that was before I discovered the book trick.
Tomorrow is my running day, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also going to be up very very early to take care of some stuff. I shall succeed. No resetting of the alarm, no matter what.

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 05-04-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #23  
fat fighter

I'm buggered

i ended up walking 5kms in an hour tonight. i was just going to do 3kms again, but got to 1km point and thought i may as well go to the 2km point. i got a few jogs in between as well and wasn't as stuffed as i thought i would be. i reckon that the fact i have not been inhaling smoke for the past 3 weeks makes it easier to work through it.

anyway, i bought a piece of salmon for dinner but after my shower i felt like noodles so i went and got takeaway. low fat seafood noodles. i now wish i had the salmon - the noodles weren't as good as i thought.

been pretty bad with the eating over the past couple of days. no breakfast, no snacks, i had soup for lunch yesterday and nothing today. its too easy for me to skip meals - i just can't be bothered.

so now i am going to have a low cal hot chocolate and read my new shape magazine while waiting for ER to come on. love ER!

sushi - i heard on the radio that backpackers work visa's are being extended from 3 months with the one employer, to 6 months. don't recall when they said it would take effect, but i hope its soon for your sake. might make the job search easier. i am not resetting the alarm tomorrow morning either
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #24  
Living the Laguna life...

hi chickies,
daisy, i wish i had the ability to just skip a meal! i am hypoglycemic so i start to feel sick if i don't eat often enough! i am really in a bad mood today for a couple of reasons..first of all, i did something to my knee last thursday and it hurt all day...and a couple of days during the weekend over which i didn't do any hard excercising. then i ran monday and it felt fine until tuesday morning when it felt stiff and yucky, and still feels that way today. i don't know if i should not do anything or if i should do something non-impact or what. any advice? i HATE not being able to workout so i am really bummed. also, after my fabulous weigh in on monday i have gained a pound a half i have just been going back to eating too many sweets and i HATE it!!! last night at the airport i had a sandwich for dinner (which was good and healthy), but then i was craving something sweet. instead of buying a little chocolate or something, i got a huge cookie! why do i sabotage myself?? and its not like this is a once in a while occurance...its definitely after most meals.
on a different note, i registered for the weight control registry and filled out the consent form....if you have lost more than 30 pounds and kept it off for a year you qualify. i am excited to help other people who are trying to figure out how to lose weight
i am also reading this book called "fat girl"...has anyone read it?? i am only a few chapters in, but it is really sad and eye opening...its basically a memoir of a girl who has been "fat" her whole life (she says twenty to forty pounds overweight). the way she described her relationship with food is really fascinating.
anyway, i hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #25  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Is it only Wednesday? I'm so tired...dress rehearsal last night was awful and we open Thursday. Oy vey. Roommate & I have been doing isometrics and 8-minute abs at the gym and I can feel my core getting stronger. I haven't gained weight since I cut cardio off, but I feel flubbery.

Daisy, great walk! C'est la vie, you can have the salmon tonight. I do that too sometimes - my bagel this morning was just not as good as I wanted it to be - should have had bran flakes. Next time I reach for the bagel I'll remember.

Miss michelle, I can't skip a meal either. I just get soooo hungry if I don't eat. I would suggest talking to a trainer at the gym, physical therapist or doc if your knee pain was sudden (if you can afford to go, of course - you all know how I can't go see anyone for my knees b/c of no insurance or $ boo hoo). As a person with no medical experience, here are my suggestions: rest your knee. Try non-impact exercises in small amounts - walking, biking, maybe elliptical - and see if they don't aggravate it. Also I don't think weights or strength training would affect it if you take out the squats, lunges, other knee-impacting exercises. Ice, stretch, and possibly take a anti-inflammatory like Advil. I can sympathize! Sorry it sucks.

Sushi, I have perfected treadmill reading. Magazines if I'm running, books if I'm walking. Other people at the gym have commented to me about it!

Karma27, exercise is great therapy - I'm with you on that one.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #26  
fat fighter

*note to self* do not jump on the scales mid week. it said 240 this morning!

good lord
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #27  
here I go again...

I wish I wasn't afraid of the scale... I'm hitting bottom guys. slumpety slump slump slump.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy (late) hump day ladies!

We leave for Vegas on Friday! It's only for the weekend though so I shouldn't be in too much trouble food-wise. And I technically can't drink yet (I'll be 21 in June) so don't have to worry about the alcohol calories. I'm excited though. I haven't been yet and I get to see Chad Reed <----- I know you guys don't follow it, but Reed and another guy are tied for first place going into the last race. This is HUGE! I can't wait!

These past few weeks have been hair **** for me. My sister and I decided to get haircuts together at this new place by where she lives in Pennsylvania. MISTAKE. We both hated it. We went back a couple days later and he cut hers shorter and it still looked bad so I wouldn't let him touch mine again. We went to her usual place and they cut both of ours. *sigh* Still not good. And mine was soooo short. I went originally with hair past my shoulders and at that point it was like...the famous "Dharma" cut, but sloppy. That was 3 cuts for her, 2 for me in 1 week. She gave up and just lets it dry how it is. Doesn't try to style it or anything. Just waiting for it to grow in. Well today I was out running some errands and on a whim stopped at a place by where I lived. He FINALLY gave me a good cut (holy expensive though...) but it's so short I want to cry. It will probably take at least a year to get it how I want it. Geez. People wonder why I always have long hair pulled up in a ponytail.

Sorry for the looooong rant.

Daisy, congrats on the run! I still haven't ventured that far.

Bakerchick, why do you feel you're hitting bottom? Spill it, chicky. We're all here for you.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #29  
Chuggin' along...

Morning ladies,

I feel like it's Friday morning even though I know it's not. I am soooo tired from late, non-stop rehearsals. My show opens tonight and it should be interesting consider dress rehearsal was, umm...yeah. It looks like another busy weekend and all I want to do is sleep in. My knees have been hurting me by the time I wake up every morning, and I'm kind of scared - I just don't know what to do, and I don't want to blow them out at 23. I *wish* I had insurance...or at least that the darn trainer was at the gym more in the evenings...

Food has been good this week. I've kept it between 1300-1600 cal/day, but I haven't even been that hungry for what I do eat. Must be from not working out so much.

stacylambert, what a hair nightmare. At least your stylist did it more nicely, even if it's short. No need to apologize for ranting!

ABakerchick17, what's going on? Tell us why you feel so down.

Daisy Boo, use the pants-o-meter, not the scale. Scales just panic us all.

Hi everyone else! Where are you all?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #30  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default I'm back?

Hey girls! I finally woke up a little earlier to read over this forum and respond before going to work.

I'm really not sure what I've done wrong recently. It says since i started my new job i have gained 5 pounds. What gives? My stomach has become a bit bigger and it looks kind of bloated yet hard. Could it be because i've been drinking a lot of water and sitting all day long at work? Or upping my water intake and starting to go to the gym again? I also started to do weights first, could this be it? I'm so down because of it. It's not just the number on the scale, I feel bigger. And i HATE sitting on my butt all day at work.

What should i do?

Have you guys seen this icon? haha

Megan1982 - Thank you for the positive words.

chicagoposter - Why did you decide to go vegetarian? I did it for a few months a few years ago and it wasn't too bad. Make sure to get your protein from somewhere though especially since you are strength training. Your muscles need the protein.

miss michelle - How was NY? I've never been.

spillthebeans - Great job on the 1400 minutes! I'm proud of you.

stephiewilliams - How did your puppy cut up its paws? It is so hard to work out with work, especially when you worked all day and are super tired after dinner. I'm still trying to get used to this. I'm not really sure what to do or how to go about time management. Who is this other Stephanie?

britomart - What is your S.O. doing in Brazil?

stacylambert - I've been craving and eating way too much chocolate recently. I don't know why us woman need it so much in our lives. Bah!

Daisy Boo - I have to have a meal after dinner also, a few hours later. I guess since in Europe we are custom to eating dinners early, and having a meal at night, I got used to it. You don't see many obese people there. I think people like Oprah tell people not to eat after 7 ot 8 is ridiculous. I think it is the choices you make. You are doing so well! Passed me up minutes wise already. You workoutaholic. hehehe.

mocha74 - Glad to see you back. Wow you've lost already 12 pounds this year? GOOD JOB!

Karma27 - I'm sorry about your breakup and your friends. It will workout for you in the end. Love and make sure others love back the same way.

Sushi Penguin - Good luck on getting a job!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote