Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default Motivation Please!!!

Well, I've been trying for about 2 months now to lose weight, and haven't lost a pound!!! I've been watching my calories, what I eat, how much I eat, exercising, and NOTHING!!! I'm getting really frustrated!! I don't know if there is a way to boost my weight loss or not...anyone have any suggestions....
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We need more information
How old are you, how tall are you, how much do you weigh?
What have you been doing for exercise, how often and how long?
What have you been eating and how are you keeping track of that?

All that should get you some good suggestions.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

I'm 25, 5'0 tall, weigh 138Lb's.

Exercise: Walking, biking, rollerblading. about 4 times a week for about 2 hours each time. Just got a stability ball and resistance bands but haven't started with them yet.

Lots of lean meats (chicken, pork tenderloin, fish) with fresh veggies, salads, and either rice or sweet potatoes.
Breakfast, yogurt with granola
Lunches: Usualy a salad or sandwich without mayo, but lots of veggies, and tuna or chicken breast.
Snacks are usually popcorn air popped, no butter or salt, oatmeal cookie with peanut butter.

I've never tried to lose weight before, so most likely I'm doing something wrong...it's all new to me!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Have you ever had your measurements done? It could be your weight is not changing but your body is rearranging, that is what happened to me.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #5  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

I know its harder to lose weight when your not too heavy anyway. I would just keep doin what your doin, im sure it will come off, slowley but shurley! Keep it up and im sure you will see results. I would take measurements too. I know im going ot start doin that soon..
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

have you been keeping a food log? i know that for me to lose, i can't eat more than 1500-1700, and that's with 45 minutes of cardio every day (i'm 5'4" fyi). like you, i'm not too overweight, so the weight loss is very gradual.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It is slower down here.
I don't think you're doing things wrong. They just need tweaking.
I'm in with kms7z's suggestion that you log your food. It sounds like good stuff but it could be too much good stuff. And I think you'll be very pleased with your measurements once you get into your resistance bands.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #8  
Workin' My *** Off!

Well, I've gone to 4 different sites, and they all had my "calorie intake" as different then the last one! GRRRRR!!! How am I supposed to know which one to follow??? How much is too much?? It's truly been frustrating!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #9  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

There's definitely not a magic number for how many calories you should be eating - use the numbers you got as a guideline, maybe average them. Since everyone's resting metabolic rate is a little different the sites will spit out different formulas for the weight you want to be. Fitday is great for tracking your food. And I bet you'd definitely notice a difference if you start strength training regularly - if not in the pounds then for sure in your measurements. Good luck!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 120

ry limiting your starch foods to 2 servings a day :granola,bread (try a bread with no more than 45cal),potatoes, popcorn,cookies .

Do you eat a lot of salt?
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #11  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks!!! I don't eat alot of salty foods...I don't cook with salt, or add salt to foods. I'll keep an eye on my sodium levels....
Old 04-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 120

You are welcome. That's good that you limit the salt (That use to be my big prob)
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #13  
Workin' My *** Off!

I've started working out with my resistance bands and stability ball, and I'm in love!!!! Hehe! I love them! It's fun actually! I found some exercises online to do, and they are easy, but man I'm feeling it! Since I don't have money for a gym membership, this is the best I can do right now. I also walk and rollerblade, but for toning, I love this stuff!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #14  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Here is a bit of motivation for ya; for the last 2 months my weight loss stalled big time. I didn't lose a lb, but in the last week or so I have "magically" lost 3lbs. Go figure! So just keep with it, sometimes your body just gets stubborn.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote