Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #31  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Trns!!!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #32  

Wow, congrats Maja! That's so awesome!! Runs on the beach... that sounds fabulous... You've totally earned this
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #33  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I am SOOOO happy for you Maja!!!! What a fabulous place to work, right there on the beach.

I am having an eating day to be proud of. I feel like a train wreck though. I was going to my regular yoga class at 6:45...I thought I would get a half an hour of cardio in prior...well miscalculated and left at 4:50 to go to gym instead of 5:50...ended up there an hour early. I looked at the schedule and saw there was a step aerobics class soon. A friend and I took aerobics in high school can't be so hard can it? I will do that for cardio and then do yoga <--- this is what stupid me is thinking. OMG this is the hardest thing I have done in my WHOLE entire life. I was like why are all these women ripped...man I should just do this 3 times a week. I am going to be sore for months from this (a little bit of exaggeration for ya). Not only was I completely winded the WHOLE time we did aerobics but THEN the decided to do strength training and made you do all sorts of awkward things that worked your butt off. I even cheated on one and missed an entire set of 8 reps and could not keep up. I think if I could do this once a week I would be mega dodeca workout goddess...god could you imagine if I could do it 3 X? I am worried that it will interfere with my running schedule as will be to sore...but burn waaaaaay more calories at this and calories in vs. calories out is what counts right? The running I am doing is not super hard so I am going to try and muster it...

I just keep telling myself "Diets make you lose weight, working out makes you look good naked" HAHA
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #34  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Congratulations Maja!

So glad for you. See trusting your feelings on that first job was the right choice. oh, and you can so do 350 mins by the end of the month. seems a lot more obtainable than my 715 minutes

britomart - your engagement ring is beautiful. it looks pink! is it pink? Good luck with your exams and for a smooth relocation.

heather - what are you doing 6 out of 8 times? it almost sounded like you end up taking an average after 8 goes. sorry, it made me laugh. Good on you for increasing your calories. what you were having was way too low. you should see some loss soon i think with your new intake and you are getting in some good exercise.

stephie - i hear you on the recording of calories. i bought a program recently and haven't really used it at all. must do it! the yoga was fantastic yesterday. just me at home with a DVD, but the time flew and i did all the poses (if only the beginner ones) and can really feel it today. i think i might do it more often during the week instead of only once. we can both reach our goal this month

miss michelle - welcome back!

sushi penguin - i have family in NZ. my father grew up in Whangamata. such a beautiful country - we used to go there every other year with the family when i was younger. so jealous you went to milford sound - that is at the top of my list of places to go. we have been thinking of going to queenstown to go skiing in the near future. probably in the next 2 years. geez, better get some weight off if i am going to be a ski bunny
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #35  

daisy, no, it's just regular ol' diamond! I had never noticed it looks pink in that photo.... I think I was wearing a red shirt that day, I wonder if it reflected?

I feel like going out and jogging. I have never run before, why do I suddenly, at 10pm the night before an exam, have the urge to go out jogging? Maybe I should (excuse the pun) run with it!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #36  
here I go again...

Congratulations Trns!!! Oh to work on the beach... I would settle for a window! HA! I'm having a sucky kind of week... will get back on track tomorrow, promise.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #37  
No More Excuses!

Daisy- Lol no i weighed myself 8 times, because one time it said my weight was 214, so i weighed myself a few more times and the rest all came up as 215 lol.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #38  
Movin' and Losin'

Congrats, trns! It sounds like new jobs all around!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #39  
Living the Laguna life...

Thanks everyone for the welcome

LOL BakerChick, I feel exactly the same!! I would kill just to see a window, even if it wasn't in my "cell"

Steph, if it was a good workout I would definitely go back...you will be sore the first few times, but then your body will get used to it and you will have another great workout option! I am a step instructor though, so I'm a little biased

trns, i absolutely love the beach. that's what i miss most when i am travelling...my morning runs down on the water!

I am going home today so I will be happy to get back to eating normal food...though I will have to deal with the airport for lunch (is there a gag face???)
Have a great day!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #40  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Sorry, I haven't been around much but I am going to change that. I'm really trying to evaluate my life and everything that it involves and my mind has been spinning lately. I want to lose weight but I realize that I put way too pressure on myself, at the same time, I don't want to not put any pressure on myself at all. I guess it's my birthday that has got me thinking. Kind of hard to believe that I'm actually 27 years old. With my weight, I know I look older and I hate that. At least in my case, weight ages me. I know I want to lose weight but I need to really sit down with myself and figure out what I am willing to do to reach that goal. It is so important to me that I don't just lose the weight but maintain it as well. Then I start focusing on that and my head spins again. I know, I know, one day at a time, one meal at a time.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #41  
No More Excuses!

Teahoney- take it nice and slow sweetie. No need to put too much pressure on yourself. Make small changes to better your health. Baby steps I can totally relate to you tho. Some days im just like "man is this REALLY worth it?" Then I realize, YES, it IS worth it. I dont want to be fat for the rest of my life.. I want to be healthier and thinner.
You have all of us here for support and if you need to talk or anything were here!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #42  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thumbs up

EVERYONE! Ok now, i have finally caught up on this thread...

britomart - I haven't been bowling in like literally 10 years. Can i come? Thank you so much. The long walks on the beach should be great.

Dreamer85 - Cleaning is my form of procrastination too... hahaha.

Marineswife85 - You are doing so good with the exercise. I'm proud of you. Water aerobics seem fun, i usually do my own in my pool during the summer hot days. Thank you so much for the "congrats"

Flying Betty - Hahaha, your bathing suit is too big? You should be smiling about that. Congrats on the major weight loss. Time to treat yourself for a new one.

Sushi Penguin - How WAS New Zealand. Have a photos to post here? I would love to see!

Daisy Boo - You are definitely kicking it up a notch on exercise. Good for you. I think you took my "lets do it attitude" hahaha. Thank you for the kind words, i guess you are right, i get paid MUCH more at this place, it isn't the same thing, but i have an opportunity to make some good money. Plus nothing beats working in a nice house vs. a stuffy studio room [the other place] with no windows.

miss michelle - Glad to see you back on here. Thanks, yeah i live close to the beach too but i never make it out there, this will be my excuse.

stephiewilliams - You are crazy for taking two classes AND waking up that early. hehehe. What time do you usually go to bed? Thank you Stephanie.

ABakerchick17 - Thank you. =hugs=

jdoggmartin - Thank you hun!

teahoney - Don't get yourself down. I'm glad you are able to sit back and look at the overall picture. Maybe make some type of chart, or write things down, like your goals for months. Change one thing at a time, and don't try to do everything at once.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #43  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

well, its my birthday today. 28 years old and finally getting my life on track

my boyfriend got me a balance/stability ball and some resistance bands, which is what i asked for. what a sweetie. i feel like i have almost had a workout just pumping up the ball! it looks awfully small though. its 65cm and i am 5'7".

today i have planned to do my weight workout and some yoga so i will see if i can incorporate my new equipment.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #44  
No More Excuses!

Happy Birthday Daisy!!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #45  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Daisy Boo - Make sure you actually pumped it all the way... Sometimes it looks like it's good but you still got a ways to go. Did you measure it like they said against a wall while pumping?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote