Old 04-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #16  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ok tom cruise is just plain weird...i thought he was sterile til katie got knocked up. now he's just freakin nuts.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #17  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

We have a HUGE scientology building here in Hollywood for all the stars to go to.

It is basically a religion/society group you $$$$buy$$$$ yourself into. Hence why a lot of celebrities get suckered into it. Didn't know that you had to buy religion these days, did you??? HahaHahHa. And just like Jill stated... it was all concocted by a failed Science Fiction writer.

I like Buddhism.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I agree that we shouldn't be judging other people's religions... but luckily for us, Scientology is not a religion. It's a cult. You do have to pay to become/continue to be a member, and L. Ron Hubbard is actually quoted as saying, "I'm going to start a religion, because that's where the money is." Wow, sure sounds holy to me!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #19  
here I go again...

HAHA!! I love that my avatar started this! I am wholeheartedly in agreement with you all! I'm just wondering if Katie hasn't been brainwashed... Ever notice how she never talks anymore except to say how "great" everything is?!? Maybe she wouldn't have any trouble with the silent birth. She can just mouth "I'm so excited" the whole time! HAHA! Luckily, jumping on couches doesn't have to include any speaking... When I said "creepy sidekick", I meant it!

I also agree with Trns on Buddhism. Buddha wouldn't care if you made noise during childbirth. He'd nod and say "be one with the birth"!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #20  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

ABakerchick17 - Haahahahaha.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
I agree that we shouldn't be judging other people's religions... but luckily for us, Scientology is not a religion. It's a cult. You do have to pay to become/continue to be a member, and L. Ron Hubbard is actually quoted as saying, "I'm going to start a religion, because that's where the money is." Wow, sure sounds holy to me!
it's not a religion....yet. all religions start as a cult. christianity was a cult. so was judaism. just give it time.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #22  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

This thread is hilarious!!! Abakerchick, that was so funny.

I think she was starstruck then brainwashed to follow. It was like Nicole Kidman didn't want to have his kids so he needed a young vessle to carry his freak child. Good lord! It does make me wonder how involved he is in he and Nicole's adopted children! And how it will affect them!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #23  
C is for Me~!

S/C/G: 308/276/125

this scientology thing... is beginning to sound more like a weird cult.
Initial_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #24  
here I go again...

lockitup- "young vessel" too funny... this thread just makes me smile.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #25  
12 pounds lost in 2006

OMG what the heck. Tom has totaly become a pshyco. What happened?!?!?!
His cuteness can't make up for his stupidity and weirdness anymore.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #26  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Having given birth myself, I understand the benefits of having everyone just shut-up in the birthing room, but not talking to your baby for a week!?! If she does breastfeed, I really don't see her not being able to talk to her baby. Tom Cruise is weird.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #27  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default Holmes converts

More on the TomKat scene.

I can't believe this thread managed to get to 2 pages!

Holmes converts
April 14, 2006

ACTOR Tom Cruise says his Catholic-born fiancee, Katie Holmes, has joined him as a follower of the Church of Scientology but insists that doesn't mean she can't make noise when she gives birth to their child.

Cruise, 43, addressed questions about the religious faith of his pregnant bride-to-be, the child they are expecting and Scientology's practice of "silent birth" in an ABC News television interview set for broadcast in the US tomorrow.
Excerpts from the interview, conducted by Diane Sawyer, were released by the Walt Disney Co-owned network as part of a publicity blitz linking the impending birth of Cruise's first biological child with his upcoming film, Mission: Impossible: III.

Cruise suggested Scientology's doctrine of "silent birth," emphasising a calm, quiet atmosphere in the delivery room, free from screaming and shouts of "push," was misunderstood and exaggerated by the media.

"It's basically just respecting the mother, you know, and helping to be quiet. (But) not the mother. The mother makes as much noise ... you know, she's going through it. She does what she's gotta do, OK?"

Contrary to perceptions that Scientology frowns on giving painkillers to women in labour, Cruise added: "We're there, you know, with doctors. ... whatever the woman wants. ... If she needs an epidural, she's gonna get her epidural."

He denied a tabloid report that he had bought an adult pacifier to muffle the moans of his 27-year-old fiancee.

Asked whether their baby would be given a Catholic baptism, Cruise said, "No," then added: "I mean you can be Catholic and be a Scientologist. You can be Jewish and be a Scientologist.

But we're just Scientologists."

"Katie, too?" Sawyer asked.

"Katie, too," he replied.

It was the first public acknowledgment that Holmes has joined Cruise, one of Scientology's most prominent adherents, in embracing a faith founded by science-fiction writer L Ron Hubbard.

Cruise denied media accounts of tension with Holmes' parents, who are devout Catholics, over her association with Scientology.

"They're OK with her being a Scientologist since they're Catholic?" Sawyer asked, to which Cruise answered, "Absolutely, yes."

The couple have yet to set a wedding date.

The baby will be the first for Holmes, who starred in the TV show Dawson's Creek.

Cruise has two older children, 13-year-old daughter Isabella and 11-year-old son Connor, whom he adopted with Australian actor Nicole Kidman before their marriage ended in 2001.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #28  
here I go again...

Katie- Run for your life!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #29  
here I go again...

Okay, the kid has been born... Let's see if she goes running... does anyone else think that there's no way they'll get married?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #30  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I do hope that the media blew it all out of proportion!!! I hope for her sake and the baby's sake!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote