Old 02-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Red face Weekly Chat 2/27 - 3/5

Morning Ladies

Just starting the thread. Will be back later for a chat.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 AM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

my weekend was sucky, cant wait to get started on the week and do it right.
with scool, food and exercising.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was super-exciting let me tell you...got my oil changed and tires rotated, watched a few movies, prepared for another job interview this afternoon...the party never stops here, I tell ya what

Oh, but yesterday I did make a dangerously delicious dessert--a brownie pizza! It's a 12" round brownie covered with chocolate cream cheese icing I made, then topped with Hershey Kisses, fresh sliced strawberries and bananas, and a bit of drizzled chocolate syrup. I also brought chocolate cool whip to top when serving (can you tell it's for a chocoholic's birthday? ). I tried some, and I made sure to include it in my calories for the day. I might have to have a small piece later today as well...

Calorie cycling is still going well. I ended the week with a daily average of 1780 calories, so as soon as I drink off some of this sodium (we ate out a lot over the weekend), I should definitely be able to see a loss by Thursday's official weigh-in.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning all!

I feel soooo good this morning because for once, I held it together over the weekend food and exercise-wise. Friday BF & I had been invited to his boss's house for the boss's famous ribs, so I ate healthily all day, had reasonable portion of the ribs, cornbread, and lots of the veggie sides, and laid off the alcohol. Saturday again I was pretty good all day so a hamburger and oven-baked fries eaesily fell into my plan, and I splurged w/ some OJ & vodka. Sunday, again I ate very lean-ly all day so when we got pizza for late dinner I had two pieces and still only had 1600 cals for the day. Woohoo! I also got in good, hard workouts Friday & Saturday (Sunday my gym is closed so that's always my day off from working out for the week). I enjoyed myself but didn't gorge - it's usually so hard for me to do that, but it felt pretty easy this weekend. I am hopeful for weigh-in tomorrow.

Jillybean, that sounds soooo good. Save some for me, I'm coming! <drool in Homer Simpson-like fashion>

angeleyezx, I hope this week is better for you.

Daisy, hi!

ladyjames63, I wish you luck dealing with your issues at work. It's amazing how seemingly unrelated problems can help us deal with our weight and health more easiliy. I say that now, yet somehow I forget it every single time I have a problem! It's hard to see when I'm in the middle of it - remind me next time I'm complaining about my problems and weight!

How was everyone's weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

This was the first weekend I did well since I can remember! I had gained back up to 162 and decided to do low carb for a week or so (on 4th day today) and am down to 158 already. I actually haven't weighed 158 before this time around, just 158.5 so I am really excited.

Here's to a good week gals!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  

That's awesome, Stephanie! Congrats!!

My weekend wasn't awful eating-wise, except for the box of Girl Guide cookies Leo and I scarfed. C'mon, who can say no to cute little Girl Guides, accosting you after you come out of the grocery store laden with healthy food? Besides, I was a Girl Guide (and a Girl Scout when I lived in the US) and I know what it's like to stand there and sell cookies... It was an act of understanding, you see!!

This week's my "spring" break (well, we call it Reading Week), so I have no class, but I have TONS of work to be doing. Many essays to write and whatnot. If I find I can't stay at home and work, I may go off to the library.... The other problem with working at home is I tend to graze more often. We'll see what happens.

Here's to a new week, may everyone stay on track and feel great!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Morning, all!

I realllllly need to stop going out to eat. I do really well food-wise, unless we go out. Grrrr! My biggest weakness: soda. I've stopped buying it at home (except for the occasional diet crap) so whenever I go somewhere that has it, I OD on it. Went out twice this week, and foodwise I guess I didn't do all that bad. Had a barbeque chicken sandwhich at one place, but only ate maybe 1/3 of it... but then I had a piece of raspberry cheescake, which I just couldn't stop eating even though half-way through I started feeling really sick. The other time we went out I had a chicken wrap that didn't taste very good so I only ate about half. So I guess it's really just my soda intake I have to control.

My weekend was pretty sedate. I felt sick from Thursday onward so for the most part I just laid around the house. Went to the gym on Saturday-- the only time I made it there this week. Another thing to work on: go to the gym more regularly! Bf had work most of the time so I didn't get to see him much on Sat and Sun... but Friday we went to a comedy club and that was really nifty.

Ok, well, that's about it for now. Hope all you chickies had a good weekend and that you stick to all your goals this week!
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies!

It was a good weekend here. I'm ten days away from my vacation, I'm going to ID to meet bf's family and then we are hitting Vegas for a few days.

My bf & I are doing a no carbs for these next ten days. I already cheated this morning and went to Mickey Ds, but I'm going to be ON it for the rest of the ten days. We just want to see what are bodies are capable of.

I'm eating tons of tuna, chicken, fish and veggies (the only carbs I'll be able to have) Woo Hoo, so fun!

Everyone have a great week! Let's end FEB & start March kicking butt!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #9  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I made my weightloss goal for the month this weekend!!! Yayyy!!! However I twisted my ankle a little on Saturday while walking the dog so I didn't go to the gym yesterday and will not go today It's getting better, but it sucks when I can't exercise I'm trying to be good foodwise to make up for the no exercise these few days.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #10  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

OMG JILLYBEAN! Im 21 in dec and Im havin a party in a hired hall with bar and everything and I would LOVE you to come and be accompanied by a simular cake haha! I bet the taste was incredible. *drools also*

megan82 thanks, me too
congrats mocha sorry bout ur ankle tho, hope you get well soon
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Hello, ladies! Hope everyone has a great week!

This weekend was a lot of fun, and it was kept in check -- yay! We played a horrible softball game on Friday (it was still fun, though), and then BF and I went out dancing with a group of friends. Fun times! I did drink quite a bit, but knew I would be drinking, so I ate very sensibly during the day.

On Saturday, we went shopping in a nearby city, and I found a cute shirt on sale in a medium that fits! Yippee! We also ate at an incredible French restaurant, but I was able to limit my calories throughout the rest of the day to account for it.

On Sunday, I checked out Yankees spring training, and then played softball in the afternoon.

I really, really want a new job. Most people think I have the ideal job -- I work from home for a publishing company -- but, I just want to get out the house and be around people! Everyone keeps saying that I don't understand how lucky I am, but I just go crazy by myself all day -- not to mention my severe lack of motivation. Plus, the situation also lends itself to me grazing throughout the day. Anyway, I've started looking and applying for a few jobs, so I hope something turns up. I think it would help my mental state tremendously!

Tonight, I am trying out a step class at the gym. I've never done anything step-related so I hope it goes OK. I also hope I'm not too terribly sore afterwards because I have to play volleyball this evening.

Anyway, I'm rambling and rambling... Hope you all have a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggmartin
I really, really want a new job. Most people think I have the ideal job -- I work from home for a publishing company -- but, I just want to get out the house and be around people! Everyone keeps saying that I don't understand how lucky I am, but I just go crazy by myself all day -- not to mention my severe lack of motivation. Plus, the situation also lends itself to me grazing throughout the day. Anyway, I've started looking and applying for a few jobs, so I hope something turns up. I think it would help my mental state tremendously!
Jina--How bout we just switch jobs? I would LOVE to work for a publishing company! Right now, I'm a technical writer, and it is SO boring to just do Medicare stuff all the time (that's the government contract on which I primarily work). I would also love to work from home so that, come time to start a family, I won't have to choose between family and career. what kind of job are you looking for?

Also, I got contacted by 3 prospective employers on Thursday through my resume posted on Monster, so maybe posting your resume could be helpful? Of course, I hadn't gotten any serious contacts at ALL in the past few years via Monster, so it could have just been a fluke
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Jill: I'm up for switching jobs! I thought I'd love working at home. I worked for the same company when we had an office for about a year and a half. For the last three years, I've been working at home. The first year at home was great! Then, my motivation slipped severely. I get so sick of being home all the time, and I can never fully leave my work behind, it's always sitting a few feet away. Plus, there were management changes, which made the situation worse, but it's just being at home that drives me nuts.

Anyway, I guess I'm looking for some form of an editing job. Currently, I'm a managing editor of a magazine. Of course, at this point, I'd be willing to take almost any job!

I updated my resume on Monster, so I hope to have the same success that you did! Let us know how your interviews turn out -- good luck!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

This weekend was so-so for me. The first part of Saturday was good because I got to go SHOPPING! It went downhill from there though...

That night my husband was washing and putting away our dirtbikes and he slipped and caught his shin on the pointy peg. It tore a huge chunk of skin off and I had to take him to the emergency room. They used staples to hold it together because there was a gap missing then stitched it up. I took him in to our regular doctor this morning to get a tetanus shot and to get it looked at. No infection or anything to that's good.

However because of that we didn't go to the gym Sat, Sun, or today. I'll finally make it back tomorrow while he's at work. Which sucks because I need 160 minutes to reach my February goal. Maybe I'll sneak away tonight and get an hour in...

To top off the bad weekend, yesterday we binged. Ugh, it was terrible, probably 3000 calories, maybe a little more. I snacked on cheetos aaaaalllll day and we went to Red Robin for dinner AND Coldstone for dessert. I don't even want to think about it. Luckily the scale stayed the same this morning so I'm not beating myself up too bad.

Here's to a better week ladies!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #15  
Living the Laguna life...

Ouch! Stacy, I hope your husband's leg is ok. My boyfriend was sick this weekend, and it makes me so sad when he's not feeling well.
Eating-wise, this weekend was not good. I went to Tahoe to go skiing and we stayed in a house with 16 other people...that means lots of easy-to-cook food and stuff you can buy at the local grocery stores. Not like that's any excuse...I definitely didn't need to eat the cake, muffins, granola bars, and cookies we had lying around. It was nice, though, to come on here and see that some of you guys had really great eating weekends. I feel soo much better when I do that. I am going to try much harder this week. Besides, I feel like I have put as much junk in my system as I can and now it's time for some healthy food! Thanks for being inspirations
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote