Old 02-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default Weekly Chat 2/20 - 2/26

Morning ladies

I hope everyones weekend was great. Mine wasn't too bad - nothing major happened which is always welcome rather than being run off my feet.

We had a bushfire here yesterday (still burning, but contained for now) on the other side of the lake to where we are. amazing looking at the billowing smoke. thankfully it has burnt away from suburban areas for now, but the sea breeze coming in this afternoon may change the direction.

Slept in this morning (again!) and missed breakfast. I think that this week my main goal is going to be getting up early, get a workout in and have breakfast before work. It is the biggest bad habit i need to change.

Will be doing a workout at home tonight and then perhaps take the dogs for another walk. Will try and get in 1hr of exercise - and then sit down, relax and watch the biggest loser and desperate housewives

i am still so stoked about losing another kg also i have no reason how that happened! apart from little lifestyle changes - you know taking the stairs, parking further in the car park, cleaning the house, etc, and eating better. i think i may be on target for losing 10kg by March which is great.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Congrats Daisy on losing 1 KG!!!! That's great.

As for me, the weekend was okay. On Friday I watched Saw 2 with the BF then went out dancing with my friend. We had a great time. She is also trying to lose weight and has lost over 30 lbs. in about a year. She was so excited about all the guys coming up to her. I loved seeing her smile She looks great!

On Saturday I just hung out with the BF, did some work and then we went out to eat at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. Yum!!!

Today I went to work, washed the dog, picked up his crap , went to the gym and to the grocery store.

This week at work is going to be hectic. I tried going today to get some stuff done, but I know I'm just going to be swamped all week. Oh well. I guess I'm happy to have a job.

TOM is still here, but hopefully will be saying bye bye in about two days. I can't wait till it's over!!!

Well another week is here and that means another week to exercise, eat healthy, drink water and stay positive!!!! We can do it!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Let's just say that I enjoyed myself a little bit TOO much in san antonio this weekend but I have tomorrow off from work to get back on track for the last week in feb.

Oh and at least I *did* workout at the hotel's gym this morning, that made me feel a little better.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I, too, had more than I should have had over the weekend. My daily average calories for last week was up to 1965. I'll still probably lose a little at that amount (simply because I weigh so much), but I'd like to keep that number to 1800 or less. Here's to a new week!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #5  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

What are the rules about joining the weekly chat? I am new to the board (even though I signed up almost 2 years ago).
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning ladies,

*sigh* I've done this every week for I don't know how many months now. I was finally back on track after a disastrous Valentine's day & day after, and then ate too much Sat & Sun (2200 cals/each day). I didn't even drink much. I was really good Friday, only 1300 cals. At least I went to the gym for a long time Friday & Saturday, giving me a grand total of 6 days of working out last week.

Saturday night I had a buffalo chicken sandwich and fries as my "treat" meal of the week and started Sunday off with so much willpower. Then a friend dropped off a big bag of mixed peanuts, chocolate-covered raisins, and peanut M&M's left over from a party "for the house." I compulsively ate most of the choc-covered raisins and peanut M&M's. Probably about a cup total, about 700 calories. I was home alone, bored, and knew I'd eat more so out of desperation I went to my BF's and hung out w/ the puppy even though he was busy working outside the house all day. He doesn't have snack foods in his house.

Bad Megan. I'm PMS-ing too, but I can't even blame the binge yesterday on that. Really, I was just bored, and the candy was there. I wasn't hungry or even craving chocolate.

Ok, breathe, I can't change what I did yesterday. I ate a good breakfast, have a healthy lunch packed, and am going to the store to get fresh produce, yogurt, and skim milk for the week. I'm going to the gym tonight. I need some of that willpower dust.

I've definitely started saying "ya'll" and lots of other southern slang and my grammar has gone downhill since I moved to the south. The grammar is a reflection on the town I live in, not the south in general. My family is wondering what I'm doing with my life down here. They are very northern-centric.

Daisy, congrats!

Mocha, sounds like Friday night was a blast. Congrats to your friend, 30 pounds is amazing!

Have a great week everyone.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  

Good job Megan! Just remember whatever happened yesterday today is a new day!

I've been pretty good with the eating so far... trying not to binge because spring break is now less than a month, which means I'm going to have to take out the old bathingsuits and see what "works" aka fits.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #8  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Here's to a new week!
I second that!

My weekend was great, for the most part. I hiked Saturday and Sunday mornings w/ my family and it was so gorgeous outside yesterday. The air felt a little cleaner than normal, possibly because we got a little wind on Saturday. We still definitely need rain...it hasn't rained in my city since late August of last year! I know this is the desert, but still, this is a record-breaking dry spell!

I ate really well all weekend (all week, in fact), too, until last night. My mom made a semi-healthy chocolate cake, and I had a little too much of it. It wasn't very big, but I should have just had a small piece, like I planned. It wasn't frosted or anything like that, and there was very little sugar in it (but enough to give me nightmares and weird dreams last night!). To atone for my indiscretion, I took a 36 min. 2 mile walk (yeah, I know...not enough) and I have put a moratorium on desserts for at least 1 week. I might extend that to 2 weeks. I usually only have dessert once or twice a week anyway (and even then, just a little teeny tiny bit) but I have to remember that I only enjoy the 1st three bites of desserts, and to stop after that. At least I am learning this early on in my journey, so that when I get to goal it should just be habit.

Weigh-in #4 was supposed to be today, and I am up less than a lb from last week, but I think (hope!) that I am holding onto some water from the extra choc. cake carbs I ate last night. So, I am postponing my official weigh-in #4 until tomorrow.

I like your Willpower Dust, Mocha! I could have used some of that last night, but I'll take some for this week! I want to be extra vigilant this week b/c it's the last week in February and I want to see a nice loss so I can at least get close to my mini-goal of being at 170 by February 28.

LadyJames, just jump right in to the conversation! To my knowledge, there are no rules other than the general forum rules. Welcome to the 20-somethings board!

Everybody else, remember to exercise, exercise, exercise, drink that water, eat healthy most of the time and control your portions! Good luck! Remember, summer is just around the corner (especially for us, Stephanie!).
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #9  

last week was my to **** with it week. i was frustrustrated with no weight loss, my computer died on tuesday so i didn't track my calories on fitday, therefore i gave myself a week off from exercising AND eating. aggggggghhhh. i'm back on board today (that's an accomplishment in itself) but i'm mad at myself for slacking last week. i think there's just so many things going on right now for me, so many stresses, that i just needed a week off (too bad it wasn't in hawaii). i'm not trying to make excuses, but i do feel refreshed. now, it's back to "training" for my 8k.

great job everyone else.... i think this weeks theme..."here's to a new week!"
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Ladies & Happy Monday.

The nice thing about MOnday is that it's always a good day to start back on track. So forget the messups and get back OP. Good Luck to you, you can do it!

I'm determined to lose this week. So I just am thinking I might just try and eat veggies and fruit all week and see how that works for me. And deli sliced turkey and chicken. I need to break this 170 thing and I don't know what else to do.

I've been killing it at the gym, lifting weights hardcore with bf and doing cardio. I can run a mile in 9 minutes now.

If anyone has suggestions please IM me or post thanks!

Have a great week everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies. My weekend was great fun, but definitely not OP. A group of friends and I hit the state fair on Saturday, and I'm sure the many sugary, deep-fried items that I tried were terribly unhealthy (sadly, they are terribly tasty). All-in-all, though, for a fair, I don't think I did too awful.

Last night, BF and I finally celebrated Valentine's Day. It kept getting delayed, and we finally were able to go out to eat ALONE last night. It was so nice, and the food was SO good. And, since it was a special meal, we indulged in drinks, an appetizer, main courses and dessert. It really was worth the extra calories, though. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

So, a few indiscretions this weekend, but I kept exercising, and I feel like they were "good" indiscretions (if there is such a thing). This week, it's right back to eating healthy and sensibly (and keeping up the exercise).

Spill: I'm with you on finally breaking out of the 170s! I'll try just about anything.

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Spill, I'm stuck too but it's at 200. I can't wait to see 199! I'm just about desperate. I've been exercising like crazy. I've tried lower calories, higher calories. Higher intensity, lower intensity. Nothing. This week I'm going to try high protein low everything else. Which it sounds like you're planning as well. Maybe by this time next week we'll both have broken through!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies I am back from my trip. I did awesome as far as eating goes. I did not have enough time/energy after shooting for like 13 hours a day to use the free weights I brought with me. I am starting the Self 2006 challenge today though. My goal is to stick to the exercise program 100 % with no mess ups. My good behavior lately has rewarded me with a 3.5 lb decrease so I am psyched.

Daisy - you just reminded me, dang it I am an avid Greys Anatomy watcher and I missed it, did you happen to watch it? Congrats on your loss as well.

mocha - I love your positive atitude girl. Sounds like you will be busy this week.

lizz - you worked out while on vaca! Now that is dedication. I am sure thathard work is why you are an inspiration

megan - binges happen, just got to get back on track. One thing I do is have a motivational picture in my purse. Mine is of Marissa Miller, I had a wallet size of her and also my front and back before pictures. Before I eat anything I make myself look at them.

cookie - Love your motivational quotes, have you heard "You have to be the change you want in the world" - Ghandi, its one I feel is empowering.

jenn - great job on your eating. I bet the half pound is from water weight.

spill - I could not even run a mile in 9 mins if I was dreaming.

Well have a great day, stay OP, drink your water and remember to work the body your mama gave ya!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #14  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi girls,
I had a fun weekend with my boyfriend (our Valentine's day celebration) but I was not ok with all of the eating out we were doing, and I kind of became a b*tch about it. He knows that I like to eat healthy and don't particularly like eating out, so he wasn't surprised...I think he is just tired of me being so concious of what i eat all of the time and being so "hard" on myself (as he puts it). Sigh. I do recognize in myself that I am less confident now than when I was in college (despite being a smaller size) I think it is moving from a supportive college environment to the "real world" in a part of the city where the girls all look like supermodels. It is definitely something I need to work on.
Spill, that is such a great feeling to really be pushing youself at the gym. I need to get back to doing that!
J Dogg, I love having a weekend that is fun but you still feel good about!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, especially all of us at work in the states on this supposed holiday!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Haha I am one of the lucky ones with the day off today! Our work tries to give us a holiday off every month and I was complaining to my boyfriend that we don't have one in March and he just gave me an evil look since he is lucky to get Thanksgiving and Christmas with his company. Whoops!

Well I do have to travel to Lubbock for a conference next month so that is kind of "vacation"....though from what I hear the trip to Lubbock is going to be one long boring ride.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote