Old 02-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Default Question of the Day

Today's been a sllllloooooooowwww day at work, so I've been browsing some of the really old threads in here... back at the very beginning. At one time there was a daily question, and I don't know about any of you but I think we should resurrect the idea. Just random questions, weight-geared or otherwise. Everyone should try it. So. here's hoping to start a new tradition...

Daily Question, Take 2, Question 1:

If you suddenly woke up tomorrow and you had magically reached your goal weight, how would you feel? What would you do? How do you think your life would change?
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

As bad as it sounds, I'd probably splurge a little calorie-wise. But I know I will get back on track, 'cause I know it wasn't easy getting there (even if it was "magically" tomorrow)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Oh my goodness, I would go shopping and fill my wardrobe with my size 9 clothes. I would get my hair done or do it myself in a way that usually dont cause it takes too long. I would feel sexier, healthier, and more confident. I would feel so good to look even better than I did when my husband fell head over heals for me, and I for him.
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #4  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I would also head straight for the mall and then call up all of my friends and have a get together!!
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'd go over and borrow my sister's clothes. I would wear tight clothes without a jacket or cartigan over it. I would definitely go shopping and probably change my style. I'd go to all those shops in the mall that have their size 12's that are really like 7's and buy a bunch of clothes there. I think I would probably go workout for a good hour just to make sure it didn't go away!!!! And I would go to a dance club and be able to know I am not the fat friend, I am just the friend. And I would have someone take a bunch of pictures of me. And I would start trying on wedding dresses. I think my life would change only through the way I appoached things, more confidence etc. Which would have a huge effect on how I act I am sure.

GOOD QUESTION!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #6  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

I would definately hit the mall. Then it would be time to go "visiting" to all those "friends and family" that never believed I could do it!
Chestnutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #7  
here I go again...

I would go have my picture taken (in a tanktop, perhaps...)! That way I could always savor the day I was at my ideal weight! I don't know that my life would be different, but maybe I'd get the courage to find a different job...
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I would be STRESSED. I would already be worried about losing it! I probably would like to get some pictures of myself in half tops and then go buy some great & sexy lingerie then model if for my bf!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I would cross my legs. I would wear shorts. I would go shopping at Abercrombie (as much as I hate that place now). I would go to the gym wearing a tank top and shorts. I would wear a two piece bathing suit to the beach and would walk there with just a towel - not fully clothed. I would take my dog jogging. And finally book a flight out to see my family and friends.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
I would cross my legs.
definately!

I think if i woke tomorrow magically at my goal, it would not feel as satisfying as having taken 8 months to do it. Having said that however, i would be going out and buying an itsy bitsy bikini and go swimming with BF, BF's kids and my nephew.

Next (are we assuming I won the lotto too? ) I would be off to the shops to buy a whole new wardrobe of summer clothes, including skirts and shorts, singlets ( ), new shoes, and have my hair done.

Phew - it would feel wonderful to go out without the inhibitions i have now.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #11  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

I guess I should answer my own question...

First, of course, I'd go shopping. Lots and lots of cute little clothes. I'd wear clothes that actually clung to my curves, instead of the baggy stuff I wear now.

I'd be more physical-- learn to rock climb, swim more, go running, the works.

And once my bf proposes, it'll be nice to go wedding dress shopping without feeling so self-conscious.

And, (warningMI) I'm sure my bf would appreciate how much less inhibited I'd be
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I should be more embarrassed to say this... but I'm not. I would prance naked in front of the mirror for ages, however long it took me to realize that it was actually me! Then I'd probably throw on something I haven't been able to pull off in years, and go strut my stuff.

Preferably in front of my tiny sister.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #13  

I would go shopping, even if that meant I was broke afterwards...and I'd somehow find a way to pay for a vacation and go lay out on the beach and be very confident...I'd also wear some great "going out" clothes and dance the night away and not feel a bit self conscience!

Great thread!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #14  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

maegdaeien - I know what you mean!

This might be TMI but in truth...
I would probably smile as i slept naked next to my lover, knowing that i wouldn't be or ever feel self-conscious anymore. [Even though he loves me just the way i am.]
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #15  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Hmmm...I probably wouldn't do much differently then I do now. I perhaps would just feel a lot more comfortable in the bedroom with my BF. Also, just feel more self confident in general. I wouldn't be fixing my clothes as often. I like my life now and I don't think I limit myself or let my weight stop me from doing things or being myself. I just would be a much more comfortable Jess
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote