Old 01-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat (Jan. 30-Feb. 5)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I got a ton done around the apartment since Jeff wasn't home most of Saturday...the place looks great!

I've been eating insane amounts of food lately, and not all healthy stuff. Today is my re-dedication to my iet, to my health, to myself. I packed my food for the day and planned ahead for dinner, and I started playing with my exercise ball last night, even if only to do some crunches (better than nothing!). I have eaten my way back up to 283.5 as of this morning, but I refuse to change my ticker to that since we had Subway and Chinese food yesterday, so I bet a little of that is just water. I'll check again later in the week when I've had some time to flush out some crap
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #2  
Taking it day by day

I did some major cleaning this weekend as well.

I know what you mean about the eating a ton of food thing. I was out of town last week for work and I really didn't want to eat a ton, but everyone was so excited to take me to their favorite restraunt specializing in foods of the area that I felt like I HAD to order the traditional stuff. I mean, I really didn't want to offend people by going to these cultural places and just ordering salads every time. So, it was tough. But, I figure it's going to happen and it's normal. I mean, these food were our lifestyle for so long that it would be crazy to think we wouldn't eat them again every once in awhile.

For me it was rough getting back on the wagon and in the past I would have just figured I'd messed up already, so what's the point...I'll just fail again. This time I actually got back on track after a rough ride!

So, moral of the story...it's a new week and you can start fresh. Good luck!
Tansey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #3  

My mistake was making cookies yesterday... I had been doing ok all week (not great, but still expecting 1-1.5 lbs loss) until yesterday! I just got this cookbook full of no-sugar recipes (I'm hypoglycemic) and because of the sheer novelty of it I wanted to make something. So I went and made cookies. They are actually really yummy, and for some reason my mind kept saying, "They have no sugar! They're GOOD for you!" So I ate the half of the batch which I didn't freeze... And at least am holding steady this week. No loss, no gain. I'm convinced next week will be different though! As long as I stay out of the 200's.... I think I can handle some stasis.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #4  

Wow! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who fell off the wagon. I mean the wagon left me bumping down the road when I fell off and it's nowhere to be seen! I had about a week where I couldn't stop eating for anything. I also made cookies for the kids...yeah right...I just can't do that. They are going to have to survive on oatmeal and raisin because I hate them! As of yesterday, I'm back on plan and I actually worked out for about 2 hours (one hour morning 1 hour evening) yesterday so hopefully I can keep it up. Of course I'm not even close to meeting my month exercise goal but that's ok I guess. I'll try again next month. I think I all ready lost some of the water weight I gained and I think my TOM is coming so I hope that takes some more off. It was kinda depressing to think that I was semi-on plan (I was either having a good exercise day or a good food day for the last 2 weeks but never both) and I've gained 3 1/2 pounds since Christmas! I know I can't be perfect the rest of my life and being OF for 2 weeks caused that? It was sad but now that some of the water weight is gone (I wasn't drinking enough I'm sure) I'm ok.

A new day and New week and new life and a new skinnier and healthier me!

Not much else to report here. I bought a heart rate monitor a week or so ago and I LOVE it...I mean L-O-V-E love it! I love knowing how long I'm in the right zone and how many calories I've burned. It's great!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberM
I mean the wagon left me bumping down the road when I fell off and it's nowhere to be seen!
hehe, that made me laugh

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I as actually down to about 269 back in November, so to see 283.5 this morning on the scale really slapped me back to reality. Of course, I pick today to start again--my TOM is supposed to start tomorrow Wish me luck...heh, I'm gonna need it BUT at least I am prepared to face things head-on. I made some healthy food over the weekend and put it into small plastic containers so I won't have more than a single serving at a time, and I have stocked up on healthier choices. I brought food with me to work so I can avoid the building's cafeteria like the plague (they have the BEST pizza!)--so dangerous!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  

Good morning! And the job search continues... (kill me) Tomorow is our college's career fair (kill me again). Hopefully I won't get so frustrated that I run home and ease my pain with food...

This weekend eating wise was not so bad. I went to Ruby Tuesday (I LOVE that place because I am obsessed with bottomeless salad bar and their low calorie menu.) Plus bf was in town visiting and he is on a healthy kick too. This weekend I am going to visit home, hopefully I won't be very "unnutricious"... usually when I go home I eat more than when I am in school.

My roommates ordered pizza last nite and left like 3 pieces on the living room table so the whole place smells like left over pizza (yucky!!! not the best smell to wake up to at 8am when you are about to workout).

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, OK, my weekend wasn't the best eating wise, either. Actually, it was fine until last night when BF, his mom and I went to this delicious Italian restaurant. We went there after softball practice when I was starving, and I attacked the bread basket, my eggplant parmesan and my favorite dessert. YUM! Everything there is so good. I think part of the reason I was so ravenous is because they somehow lost our order, and we waited at least an hour for our food! But, the fabulous news was that the meal was on them! I can handle a little waiting for a free meal!

At least I managed to get some exercise in this weekend, and have met my 1500-minute goal for the month. (Something positive, right?)

Also positive is that I've lost five pounds this month! So, I just need to get refocused after that indulgent meal and work to get below 170! My weight has been 170-something FOREVER now.

Hope you all have a great, OP week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Jdogg, this is OUR YEAR to overcome 170!

Congrats on kicking butt and losing five pounds.

AS you can see I'm working on trying to catch you!

Keep up the good work!

Ladies, have a great day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:15 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Angry help

This has nothing to do with weightloss, but why doesn't my glittermaker work?
I cant get it show my name, just the link address!!! Grrr!!
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Weekend wasn't great, nor was it terrible. I snacked too much with friends Saturday night then Mark and I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant last night. Didn't do too bad though...chicken primavera with extra veggies, salad with vinegar and a couple small pieces of bread with olive oil. probably the reeses peanut butter heart on the way home didn't help but at least we split it!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad to not be the only one eating like a mad cow. I will beat 160's this week, do or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all mental at this point. I know I can do it, I just freaking won't, grrrrrrrrrr.

Cookie - good luck with the job hunt! It's like one of the most frustrating things!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:50 AM   #12  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies!

Chaos, chaos, everywhere. That is my professional life right now. I was out of town at a conference for a week. My office is finally getting repaired from hurricane-related flooding (and resulting MOLD!) and everyone else moved to our temp office while I was gone. It's +10 min further from my house, and we are all squished into a tiny space and have sloooooow internet. Could be much worse, but I probably will be around less w/ so many people looking over my shoulder.

So the conference. Right. I sorta hung on for 2 1/2 days of okay eating. Then I ate ok at meals, but it was the constant snacks they fed us that got me! Definitely many days at 2500+ cals. They gave us these really yummy, soft, homemade cookies for our morning snack. Plus goodies for afternoon snack. And dessert at every meal (at least I can say I didn't eat dessert at every meal...only dinner). And then my squirrel DNA started ferreting away the individual serving bags of sweet & salty chex mix. I didn't take them back to the hotel to binge or anything, but I just couldn't stop taking them! And the sodas. And the fruit. I did exercise hard several days when I had time off from meetings, which is probably what saved me. And thank goodness the elevator broke and I had to walk up 7 flights to my room several times a day. I actually lost 1/2 pound this week. Huh? I'll take it...but I don't understand it.

Then I got home late Friday and figured what the heck...and ate off plan all weekend. The good news is that yesterday despite stress and chaos, food & exercise were back OP. My goal was to lose 3 lbs. in Jan. and I lost 2. Given the way I ate it's a miracle, but it's probably due to the exercise that I did. It's almost my 1-month anniversary of gym membership and I love it!

At least I've got lotsa company by the side of the road...

Amber, glad you love your heart rate monitor!

CookieMonster416, gl w/ the job search!

Glad to be back ladies...keep me on track!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #13  
Living the Laguna life...

Megan I totally understand...I had to go to training last week for my job and they kept feeding us like every hour and a half! Pastries, chocolates, fresh baked cookies...and then we had dinners out and of course they were amazing! Somehow I also lost last week...hmmm..

CookieMonster, good luck looking for a job. It definitely takes a while, but make sure to take your time so you really find something you like to do!

I hope everyone is having a great week...somewhow after the week of my period and travelling/training I lost 3.5 pounds! i have no idea how that happened, but i'll take it! i am only 7 pounds from goal, so i am really trying to stay on plan (ESPECIALLY over the weekend!) so i can get to my goal!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #14  

Hey, I hope everyone had a good weekend, regardless of missing wagons . I think mine has a flat - I've been pretty good foodwise, just feeling a little uninspired. I need to start food journalling again I think.
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #15  

i'll join the club on horrible eating this weekend. M-F was perfect, but Sat. my bf and I decided to go to this new restaurant that opened, well, i saved points all day (didn't exercise though) and i had quite a few left by dinner, but i split and app, had my entree, and dessert, plus split a bottle of wine. but i don't really care, this restaurant was amazing. on sunday i was going to go to the gym after my bf left for a week trip, but then i got really sad about him leaving and watched the SAG awards instead. and monday, my sadness continued, and well it flurried here. (do you hear all these excuses?). today is a new day and i've been doing really well, i got my to-do list done, have my gym clothes on, and am on point today (WW). i've decided though, that i have to go to the gym earlier. the 3 o'clock thing, which i thought was a good idea, just leaves me thinking about how i have to go to the gym all day, instead of getting it over with.

i've also decided that i'm giving myself two "free" days the month of feb. valentine's day, and the superbowl. that way, i'm not setting myself up for failure. i mean, there's no way i'll be able to stay within pts on superbowl, just due to the alcohol alone. i will go to the gym both those days though.

michelle and megan, my bf always let's me know not to cook dinner for him on days that he has conferences due to all the food they provide.

good luck ladies!
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote