Old 01-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #1  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Default Weekly Chat - 1st Week of the Year!!!!

So I didn't see this thread started so decided to jump in and post it. I just wanted to wish everyone a healthy and happy new year!!

What is everyones plans this week for accomplishing their goals for the year?

Mine is to join a gym!!! I already know which one I'm joining and my friends go there as well. It is about 2.5 miles from my house so I have no excuses to not go .
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Happy New Year Mocha!

I need to re-join my gym this week. My membership expired. Bah.
But since i won't be able to go today or the next few days i might as well do my home routine. It's been raining so i can't do any runs.

Maybe i'll use up another 10 day free pass at 24 hour. =giggles=

Lot's to do! So little time. Good Luck in 2006!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #3  

Happy New Years to all!! Today was a big Steeler football game which meant potluck food. ARGH! Oh well, I did better than I would've before and feel confident that can do better tomorrow.

Oh my first day at the gym was yesterday! It rocked and my arms are happily sore

Andrea
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  

Andrea - I'm so happy that you got off to a great start thus far. What gym do you go to? Seven more pounds to reach your goal, keep up the great work!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies. Gosh it's been busy for weeks now. I've missed you all, I haven't come on much. Partially because of being busy, partially because through the holidays I haven't been on course really at all. Good news is that I haven't gained really. A couple pounds sure, but I can usually take those off in a few days eating clean and drinking a lot of water. This week I am going to be making sure to get a good workout in every day (got a mini stair stepper and a bosu ball for x-mas, so there's no reason in the world to not workout) and to get back on track eating! I am ready to finish up my goal of 149 and then set a new one of 135 and get to that, hopefully by the end of the semester if not sooner. We'll see. I am glad all of the distractions are over now!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey. I like to introduce myself
I am from Canada, I am 25, I am teacher's college and want some ladies my age to chat with.

My goal is to lose 15lbs, and be 18% body fat.

This week I am planning out my monthly eating, taking my gym membership off hold and starting on Tuesday with 3 days a week until Feb, then 4 until march then five, etc...

I have also convinced my sister to come to the gym with me. She has always been resistant to coming to the gym with me, but this year she has said YES...I am very excited about this.

so yeah nice to meet all of you!!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #7  
12 pounds lost in 2006

trnsfrmnreplace - the 10 day free pass sounds great. I need to call to set-up an appointment to get signed up at the gym. I'm ready to get this weight off for good this time!

Andrea- You did a great job going to the gym on the first of the year!

Fitgal - That is great if you can get your sister to go with you to the gym. I think if you have a buddy to go with you it will make you want to go more.

Stephanie - Yes, the distractions of holiday goodies are gone You've got all the tools you need to workout.

I just got thrown a curve ball as funds are low this week due to having to buy tires at almost $500 today!!!! Also I have to take the puppy to the vet tomorrow and he may need xrays. Urrrrgghhh Not good. I'm still going to fork out the money to join the gym though! I get paid on Friday! Yayyy!! I always seem to be broke after the holidays
Old 01-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #8  

Hi everyone,
I hope to eat very healthy and hit the gym a LOT this week. I just got a new job at the local hospital, so I hope I have time with all of the training I'll be doing.
Lastnight I went to the movie "The Ringer" with that Jackass guy and the girl from Grey's Anatomy...I actually loved it- I have worked with many people with developmental disabilities so I get pretty mad if I see people treating them wrong, or putting them in a bad light...this movie did a great job of showing how smart and wonderful they are- when some people think down upon them. AAAND I REALLY wanted popcorn at the movie...but I held back and I just ate some cheerios I brought with and hid in my purse (shhh) and ate that instead...I was so happy when it was over and I realized I used some self control...which I need MORE of! I get a lot of stomach aches from eating junk food, so I have to try to cut that down, not to mention I want to lose 40 lbs.
I'll be going to the gym, hopefully it wont be too packed today! I gained 3 lbs for the past few days from the holidays and whatnot...(I think it was water) because when I stepped on the scale this morning, it said 168, so I am glad I am at least where I started originally! I won't change my ticker thing until I see I won't go up for a few days...goodluck with exercising/eating well everyone!
Julie
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #9  

Ive started off the first few days of 2006 GREAT, fitness wise. I'm already excited to see results. I want to be fit. I want to stay fit for years to come.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #10  
No more fat mama!

I can not wait for this year to start. This is going to be a great year and I am going to look great! My goal this month is 10lbs. I know I can do it cause if I am careful and exercise well then I can drop 5lbs. I didn't start off the new year great exercising cause the gym was not open and there were football games to be watched Plus, I didn't eat anything due to my little hangover. But I started out great today and had a salad for lunch. YUM! Good luck girls and have a great week!!!
bearcatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #11  
Chuggin' along...

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to a few newbies who I think have joined in my vacation absence!

This week I'm going to:
- start my gym membership (Christmas present from my BF - I went by this morning but it's closed today for New Years')
- BF and I are going to start playing tennis together, his idea, b/c he wants to get back into shape. He even bought me a racket. But we only have outdoor courts and it's rainy today, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.
- Eat healthy, work out and lift weights = the usual

I went home to my parents for 8 days, and my sis & her fiance were also there. Lots of fun times with the family, but TONS of naughty food. I have to confess, I ate it all, and only worked out twice. We had what I called "the fat table" in the dining room, conveniently placed so every time you walked from the front door to the rest of the house you could easily grab a cookie or handful of party mix, etc. At the end of the week my mom said to me "maybe making those double batches of cookies wasn't really necessary, like you had suggested..." Thanks mom. I actually only gained 3 lbs, according to the scale this morning. It sounds bad but that's actually a relief that it was only 3 lbs. I felt like such a cow. Anyway I'm ready to get back on track!

I got home to Florida 4 days ago but went straight to BF's family in South Florida for New Years. That was also fun. And I'm happy to say that even though I didn't work out, I ate much more like a "normal" person and stopped stuffing my face. Once the food was gone from right in front of me I could handle it.

It's stormy here today, so no gym, but I'll do weights at home after work. Tomorrow, gym, tennis!

Glad to hear we're all so enthusiastic about starting off the New Year in a healthy way.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #12  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

It strikes me as kind of funny that the moment I get all revved up to get back on this no-gravy train, I get sick. But I'm not letting it stop me - I'm eating well (well, I'm eating low-calorie at least) and drinking enough water (but it could be more), I'm just not able to exercise. I'm hoping that I'll be feeling well enough to get back to the gym by the time I fly home on Friday. I'm just not looking forward to the influx of people you get at the gym for the first few weeks of January.

Eating over Xmas et al. was a disaster, and we'll leave it at that.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #13  
12 pounds lost in 2006

RANT AHEAD...

Okay so the year isn't starting off so well. So I took my car to Costco this morning to get new tires that really need it bad!! I didn't realize that the tread was almost gone on two of my tires. I noticed it this morning when driving to work across the 9 mile bridge and was scared out of mind because the car didn't have much traction. So Costco calls me and says they can't find my wheel locks!!! Urrrgghh. The BF is at home today and is looking, but can't seem to find them. So I call the place that you order the wheel locks from hoping I can get a replacement lock overnighted and they are closed today!!!! Arrrgghhh. I will have to drive really slow back home over the bridge. Oh did I mention it has been pouring rain here for a few days I'm freaked, but can do it. If I can't find the wheel lock tonight I will have to call in the morning tomorrow to get them ordered. I was planning on going to the gym to sign up tonight, but that will have to wait as I don't want to be driving anywhere that I don't have to go. Okay so I just had to write that to get it out. Hopefully I'll have better news tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #14  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I finally got a job ladies. I am so excited!!!!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #15  
Doing It...

Congrats on the new job!

sorry about your tires Jess, that really sucks. Hopefully you find your wheel locks tonight *fingers crossed*

Did pretty good today. I had to work (only 12-5 as it's a holiday day at the company) and forgot to eat lunch before I went. Normally I'd just grab McD's on the way (evil) but I decided not to. I remembered that I had soup in my desk drawer at work so I had some of that instead. yummy and much better for me!
took a half hr walk today. wanted to go to the gym but my gym buddy wasn't available and it's so cold and rainy out that I decided the walk was good for tonight. Plus my hubby is busy the rest of the week so I thought it would be good to spend some quality time together tonight. So we're watching the hockey game together. Tomorrow though I'm dragging my gym buddy to the gym though
smiles16 is offline   Reply With Quote