Old 01-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #16  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

It's been more than 6 months, but I am back in the forum. I lost 24 lbs., but recently I've gained 5 lbs. back, which has renewed my wishes to get all the weight off, not just 20 lbs. I also have to get a new gym membership. My gym went under and I was saving the money during December for the Holidays, so I hadn't splurged on one yet. But now I am at this cute little 24 hour place a couple blocks from my work. I'm excited about getting back into working out and feeling better, and glad to be chatting with you all again.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #17  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Default Water water everywhere!

I've drank 2 liters of water today! I'm feeling alittle water logged! I usually drink diet soda . . . all day! In fact, I think I have a few cavities from all the dew I drink. That needs to stop, I like having teeth.
I had a great workout tonight, my tummy is super sore from the past 3 days. I really to work on my arms as well. I feel like I don't need to as much due to the fact that my son weighs 17 pounds and I'm constantly picking him up and putting him over my head and whatnot. But I've got some chunky arms
Does anybody know of any good chest excercises? I'm very boobalicious and quite self concious about them. They need their own area code.
I didn't even give in to my need to ice cream tonight! Yay! I ate rasin bran instead.
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #18  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Oh how i feel great! I feel so CONFIDENT in myself.
I'm ready and i'm dedicated!
JANUARY is MY month!
GO 2006!

January Total * Minutes 230/2000 thus far.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 01-03-2006 at 02:26 AM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:54 AM   #19  

HEY I AM BACK~!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol well the move it michigan sucked and hubby and i couldnt keep it together we are goin through a divorce right now.... sucky thing is i think it was more his mom than him stupid momma boys... anways i am lossing weight still i am down alot i was 140 a few weeks ago but since christmas and new years treats laying around i am prolly still 140.. o well i am back on track now started back exercising and eating better and drinking LOTs of water.. o yeah for me.. happy new year to everyone

JEn
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #20  
Jessie's Mom

Happy New Year! Well I am having a real hard time getting back on track. I am back up to 150( I have not updated my ticker, yet). I did so much baking over the holidays, I packed on the pounds. All eating, no exercising! It has killed me. So last week I was ready to start exercising again, I got a new step for Christmas. Well I sprained my ankle, so once again I am not exercising. It is still bothering me, so I am going to give if a few more days. So now, you think I could control my eating, well nope! My "friend" is coming this week and boy do I crave chocolate. So I have been eating Kisses all morning. We are going to Florida on the 20th, I want to be down to 140 by then. I just need to get out of this horrible rut I am in. I don't even feel good anymore. I want to get back to exercising and not eating so much! I am so glad the holidays are over with.

I never expected to lose all my motivation when I am so close to making goal. But I guess I am at a tough part of my journey.

Well I hope everyone had a great NY's. My husband and I actually stayed awake this year!
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #21  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year everyone!

The holidays, as expected, were full of eating junk food. Going home to LA was great, but the visit was too short! I'm back at work today after a forced break from the computer to help my wrists heal (I am sure you are all sick of hearing about my wrists by now, they're almost better!). Anyway, at least I worked up a sweat with all the baking during Christmas, so that's better than nothing, right?

This week so far I have been trying to experiment with recipes. I sorted through all my Cooking Light magazines and I've been cooking up a storm! (A healthy storm!) Yogurt is my new favorite baking ingredient, it substitutes for fat in a whole lot of baked goods without making them taste yogurt-y. I made muffins and cornbread this week both with yogurt.

Anyway, our gym opens up again this week so back to work there (they were closed from Xmas & NY). I won't be posting too much due to wrists, so if you see me posting a lot yell at me or something. In other news, it's getting to be time for me to start looking for a job! If any of you have any contacts in the software industry in Indianapolis, PM me!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #22  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey everybody!! Well, this New Year is starting off GREAT for me exercise-wise...my cousin Dana has agreed to workout with me 1-2 hrs every day and the 1st two days have been uber-successful!! We're doing that Kinetic game (oh Jess I just love you for telling us about it!!), the new "Biggest Loser" workout that recently came out, free weights, and crunches. My whole body is happily sore today and I LOVE it!! Keep your eye out for Dana, she's supposed to join up too...

Allensmom~ that SERIOUSLY cracked me up...boobalicious!! HAHAHA Girl I feel you!!

Stephanie~ CONGRATS on your job!!

Fitgal~ WELCOME!!

Kelli and Jen~ WELCOME BACK!!

Good luck with your New Year's resolutions everybody!! Does anyone have a goal that's not related to health and fitness? My other goal is to stop procrastinating and take more pride in getting my job done!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #23  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi everyone!
I am so glad to hear that the new year is starting out well for yall...Like everyone else, I am happy to be done with the holidays (not happy to be back at work!) and ready to start losing again. I have been stuck (seriously stuck!) for the past two months, and I really want to just stick with my plan the next few months and get to goal before my HS reunion. As for non-weight loss goals...I want to get involved in more things outside of work! I swear sometimes I feel like it takes over my life!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #24  
Chuggin' along...

Woah, we're busy this week ladies! New Years seems to bring out our best intentions.

Christy, how great that you have a new exercise buddy! Working out with someone else always helps me.

Paperclippy, I don't have any job leads, but gosh I'd like to be in your kitchen right now.

Treadgirl, injuries are rough but I'm sure you'll get through it. What part of Florida are you visiting?

Sugarbutt, I'm so sorry to hear about you and your husband.

trnsfrmnreplace, can I copy your attitude?

Allensmom23, sorry I've never had a problem with my boobs being too big *sigh*. I actually do exercises (push-ups, dumbbells) to strengthen my pecs b/c I've read if they're firmer your boobs will also look firmer over them. I don't know any exercises to shrink 'em, though.

kellibee2000, welcome back!

smiles16, good for you for eating the soup instead of McD's. Awesome willpower!

Stephanie, congrats on the new job! What will you be doing?

Mocha, I hope you get home safely! Be careful!

jenicra, I hope you feel better soon.

It is beautiful outside today after rain yesterday, but my BF just called and backed out of our tennis date this evening b/c of he's busy. But I walked during lunch, I'm headed straight to the gym from work, and have been eating perfectly OP today - I even ignored the Krispy Kremes someone brought in. I had a few chocolates yesterday though (.

Have a great day everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #25  

Default Here's to 2006!

Happy New Year!! I'm trying to get back on track, though it's harder than I thought it would be. Eating wise, going pretty well, but my head is still stuck on fries, cheeseburgers, chocolates, Mrs. Fields cookies. Yum, yum, yum! Lol. And forget about the gym. I haven't used my membership since October. (Clunk!) That's the sound of money being thrown down the toilet.

My goal = to get out of the 200's and stay out!!!
DragonflyK916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #26  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Uggh not much time to read everyones post. I skimmed though and will try to respond to everyone.

I couldn't find the stupid wheel lock key yesteray, but I ordred one this morning and it is getting overnighted to me for delivery tomorrow . I can actually get my new tires tomorrow,hopefully!

I'm joining the gym on Thursday!!! Didn't have time today and tomorrow I'm going out to celebrate my friend getting a new job at my work!!! I'm so excited. She lives less than a mile from me so now we'll actually be able to work together and she will be one of my gym buddies!!! She won't start for around 3 weeks though, but I'm still glad to have one of my best friends working at my company.

Treadgirl - You'll get your motivation back soon!!! I have faith!

Stephanie - on getting the job!!! That's great!!!

Michelle - That's a good goal to have. Sometime we just get so involved in work and everything else takes a back seat. Make sure you spend extra time concentrating on yourself as well as spending time with loved ones!

Megan - Good job on resisting the tempations!!

Christy - You're doing so good with exercise ! That's great!!

Paperclippy - Wow, that sucks about the gym being closed on the holidays. That's when you need it most. I guess you're right though, we actually have to let them have time off

Sugarbutt - Welcome back!!!

Trnsfrmnreplace- Definitely lovin' your attitude! Keep up the motivation!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #27  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone! I had such a good day health-wise yesterday, I am very excited and want to share! First, I joined the gym and went and worked out for an hour. I didn't let myself be intimidated, I just did it. My legs are actually a little sore! I ate exactly what I planned, plenty of protein, F & V, ignored the Krispy Kremes (which are still sitting in the office, BTW, and I'm still ignoring!) and chocolates in my freezer. I had some wine with dinner but had planned ahead and allotted calories for it, adding it to my grilled chicken and salad w/ light dressing. I feel like I haven't had such an OP day in several weeks, and I actually feel empowered to do it again. Empowerment (spelling?) - I haven't felt that in a long time!

Mocha, it's great that a friend is working with you, and working out with you! I hope you get those tires soon.

DragonflyK916, I think a lot of us are trying to get back on track like you. We can do it!

Have a great day everyone.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #28  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

sounds like everyone is doing good and getting back on track- Congratulations to you all, it's a step in the right direction.

I have yet to take that step, I'm enjoying the rest of the week off..in moderation of course..

Have a great rest of the week ladies!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heheh, tack me on to the list of those trying to get back on track after the holidays! Lasagna and cookies and pies, oh my! But I'm back with it now, and I have done well for yesterday and so far today. I have started watching my exchanges (6-12 whole grains, 2-3 dairy, 3+ fruits, 3+veggies, and 2-3 protein) and fat (goal is 30% or less each day) in addition to counting calories (trying to stay around 1800 a day now). I'm also making an effort to lower my sodium when I can. I started posting in the food journal thread here in the 20s section, too. Gotta keep my maid of honor dress in mind--gotta squeeze into it by April!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #30  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone!

It's been a couple of weeks, I think, and I'm kind of new around here, so I'll reintroduce myself to the group. My name is Christina, I live in FL with my husband and cat, and I'm currently going to grad school here (graduating in August) and applying to law school for the fall.

Anyway, I just want to keep going with my diet and exercise in the new year. I haven't gotten anything new going with my workouts yet, but for the diet, I bought a couple of new (healthy!) cookbooks and have plans to try out some new recipes. I love to cook, and enjoy adding in a lot of variety. So it should be lots of fun.

I hope everyone's having a great week so far! Stephanie - congratulations on the new job!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote