Old 12-27-2005, 11:12 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 12/27-1/1

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with friends and family and got everything you wanted...or at least one thing.

I got a Ipod Nano, so I'm still trying to figure out how to program it, but as soon as I figure it out, I will be a running machine...or at least that is what I'm thinking.

Now, it's time to look forward to a new year. Maybe we should start thinking about what we would like to accomplish this next year health wise.

Have a great week ladies...let's start getting back to OP eating & exercising! YOU CAN DO IT!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #2  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

OK, so we had an awesome time with our families this Christmas, but otherwise this was the worst Christmas ever...well, for me anyways!! My husband was only home 4 days and we had 5 family events to attend...he was choking back tears when the left last night because he didn't even get to see our little boy play with his new stuff because we were so busy the whole time. And to top it all off, I've gained FOUR POUNDS! Ack...maybe the near year will be better...
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #3  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

We had a good, but busy Christmas. Allen made quite a haul! I think he can open his own toy store!
I got some great stuff, my favorite was a 6 week gym membership from my brother. I'm strating up tomorrow if the childcare room has a sopt available for Allen. You have to call an hour in advance and make sure they have room for any child under 1 year. It makes it a lot harder to get there b/c they may not have room untill a few hours after I call and then it messes up my day.
I made my Dec goal, despite the holiday eating. That is the best motivation I could posibly get! Now I see no reason why I can't loose the rest of the weight during the non-holiday months! January might be tough b/c we're going to AZ to dh's family and friends and his parents eat out every night. I'm going to stop a grocery store and buy some apple and turkey and bread so that I can eat good. I figure I will do my best and work of the bad stuff when I get home!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  
Egy Kis Lany

Well, I weighed in after the holiday at 156.4, and now I'm down to 154.6 (I'm one of those who weighs every day... I know, I know...)
So I hope it won't be too long before I'm back to my 153 lb pre-christmas explosion weight.

*yawn*

I got an exercise ball for x-mas and I'm so excited to try it out! I would have last night, but I went bikeriding instead. Sweet.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

My Christmas was generally uneventful, and I got through the big day pretty much on-program, only to have a big feast last night when some friends were over at our apartment! D'oh! My husband and I spent Christmas Eve with my parents and Christmas Day at home with our cat. I got some nice gifts, including a new latte maker and some Christmas $! I was out shopping on the 26th!

I am looking forward to the new year, although it is going to be a stressful few months what with moving (Jan 21), getting the last of my law school applications in, and getting ready for graduation. I'm hoping to get to my goal soon.

Have a great day everyone!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #6  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys! Christmas was great, lots of family and food but I did ok eating-wise. I am down almost to my before-Thanksgiving weight! I also went down to LA to visit my boyfriend and his family...it was stressful but I'm glad I went. We ate well while I was down there, but got NO excercise so I guess I came out pretty even. I am back at work now and (this may sound really cheesy) I am actually feeling kind of renewed in the whole dieting thing. Maybe it's the new year or the fact that everyone else is now going on a diet, but I feel like I can actually accomplish something! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #7  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Eek not much time at all to write this week. Just wanted to say I'm doing okay and hanging in there even with all the Christmas goodies still lurking around here at work

I got great Christmas gifts, my nano isn't arriving until January though However I did get scrapbooking stuff, books, Cranium, picture frames, and a bunch of other stuff from the BF. He also bought me the Eye Toy Kinetics (I think that's the name) which is really cool. It is a video game that comes with a camera. You hook up the camera to the Playstation and you exercise by punching things on the screen, yoga, cardio, defense etc. It's really cool however I need to make sure I don't do it while the puppies in the room. He walks in front of the camera and all you can see on the screen is puppy butt It's pretty funny but not when I'm trying to work out. It's really cool. If you have a PS2 you should check it out. You can buy it at Walmart and Target. It's hard and gets you moving and sweating like crazy. You can even set up a 12 week personal training program.

Anyways I hope you ladies are doing well. I won't have time to come on much this week so sorry if I can't comment and participate. Work is crazy here so I guess that has to come first. Darn it! Why can't I just win the lottery?!?!?

Have a good day ladies.

mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

Ooooh Jess, that's looks cool!! Do you have to buy anything in addition to the game, or does it come with everything you need? It said it monitors your body movement so I'm wondering if there are sensors or something you have to buy... Yep, might just have to get that one...
Old 12-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #9  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Christy - It comes with everything you need (minus the PS2 )

Here is the official website: http://www.us.playstation.com/Conten...US-97478/Site/

I hope we are allowed to post links here. If it gets deleted the actual game is called Eye Toy: Kinetic. You can find it by googling.

It can tell how hard you are working out by the blue balls you hit on the screen and also you have to dodge bad red balls so you definitely have to move or it will sense your doing bad if you keep hitting the red balls. However, I still am exercising a bunch even if I hit the red balls because it's pretty hard to dodge them. It's very complicated to explain, however if you go to that website it shows you exactly how it works and gives you video shots. It doesn't just have cardio though. It has toning, mind and body (yoga, tai chi, etc) and combat. Pretty much all you need for the overall workout of the body. It is a very cool idea.

Last edited by mocha74; 12-28-2005 at 04:22 PM.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #10  
Going all the way!!!

AWESOME!! Thanks for the info!! Yep, I think I might just have to run by Wally-World after work...
Old 12-28-2005, 04:22 PM   #11  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Woo-hoo!! It is almost 2006!! Does anyone have any big plans for New Year's Eve?

BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #12  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

I want that game!!!
Hope it's available in Canada...
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #13  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

New year's eve plans? Nope. We were going to have my mom watch Allen so that we could have a bunch of people over, but now it sounds like most of the people we invited over have other plans. So we'll probably go to a family friend's place (they have a huge shindig every year) so that they meet Allen and then we'll come home. Eeh . . . it's not as exciting as it used to be I guess.
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #14  
Going all the way!!!

JESS!!! I got the game...and it's freakin hard!! LOL But in a good way. I'm having trouble getting the eye toy to pick up my movements though...oh well, I'll get it!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heh, I think I'll stick to the DDR for a PS workout It is definitely a very cool concept, though.

I'm way up in weight, but I'm still at least 30 pounds lighter than I was around this time last year, so no complaints--it's progress. I've spent so many days "grazing" on cookies and stuff that now I need to re-train my stomach to NOT eat every 30 seconds!

Other than the dieting disaster, Christmas in CT was good. I got a docking station for my iPod so I can use it like a stereo, and I also got a case for my iPod that has an armband, so that will be great for working out (assuming I ever actually get my butt back to the gym). Jeff got me a cute silver and gold butterfly necklace, the OC season 2 DVD, and We Love Katamari (PS2 game I like). My sister and her fiance got us a $100 American Express gift card to buy shelves (we said we needed a bookcase, but we flew up to CT, and we very well couldn't take a bookcase back on the plane with us!). I also got a bunch of scrapbooking stuff, and we got my mother an AWESOME color photo printer/scanner/copier, and now I want one, too, because I saw how well hers worked Maybe after my next paycheck...

For New Year's, Jeff and I are going down to his mother's. She lives about 2.5 hours away, so while neither one of us is very excited to be going (he doesn't get along with her very well), we will spend the night there on Saturday and drive home on Sunday morning. He hasn't seen her since just before Memorial Day, so we're about due for a visit. Neither one of us drinks, so it should be pretty uneventful (which can be a good thing!).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote