Old 11-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #16  
Chuggin' along...

I just had my first Thanksgiving meal, our office lunch. Mmm it was good. Actually I stuck well to my plan. If I hadn't been overeating and not exercising for the past week I'd be in good shape right now. I took reasonable portions, left out the foods I don't really like, and didn't go back for seconds. I definitely ate my calories for the day, but I'm going to try to exercise after work and then just eat a salad for dinner if I'm hungry. Now tomorrow I have to be super good about food, and then follow the same plan for the real holiday meal. Right, Megan??? No I'm not talking to the other Megan, that was just a nudge at myself.

I think I'm going to stick to water as my beverage this holiday week. Sometimes my BF gives me wine before I have a chance to tell him "no", so if that happens I'll just have a few sips and dump it out when no one's looking. The calories add up too easily. I'd much rather have a piece of pie than a few drinks.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM   #17  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I'm not really sure what i'm doing for thanksgiving. It might be the first year that i get to make the turkey or else no one will. I'm not too worried about Thanksgiving because i never really overeat, it's Christmas and getting all that candy that kills me.

I decided i want to start my New Years resolution early this year and tone up. I got about a little over a month, i think i can make some progress by then. For good health!

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Is anyone not celebrating it? [it's on and off in my family]
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #18  
12 pounds lost in 2006

What a nice dress Jill. I'm sure you'll fit into that 24 easily come April. I'm rooting for you!

Wow, new years resolution early. That's really good! I need to take some motivation from you
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm going to Jeff's cousins' house for Thanksgiving. I offered to bring something thinking she would be like, no, we're all set, but she asked me what I wanted to bring I'm not exactly a gourmet chef, so I just said I'd bring a dessert other than pie (since I tend to burn the crust). Jeff wanted me to make an ice cream cake, but I really don't think it would survive the hour drive to their house, so I have decided to make a cookie pizza! I bought a foil round pizza pan, some refrigerated sugar cookie dough (pressed into the pan to bake like the crust), a can of whipped cream cheese frosting (spread like the sauce), and some crushed pineapple, strawberries, kiwis, and bananas to slice up and place on top, then some caramel to drizzle lightly over it all when it's done. YUM! Won't exactly help me to fit into that dress, but man, it should be tasty (and pretty!).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #20  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Woo Hoo, one hour and fifteen minutes and I'm outta here!

Can you tell I'm bored?
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:21 AM   #21  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default ... another day.

hmmm.. well there is only 5 more days remaining in the November Challenge and i am not anywhere near my goal, once again.
=looks down=

I have yet to actually reach a goal of mine. My past Challenges show me improving but i'm not happy with myself at all.
August 388/1500
September 266/1500
October 949/1900
November 920/2000 [so far] 5 days left.

The thing is i KNOW i can do the 2000 easily, but somewhere in the middle something happens and i stop for a week and it gets me off track.

I really wonder if i can reach my goal this month. I would have to do about 200 minutes a day EVERY day from now on. It CAN be done, but... i don't know.

I'm just really down right now.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 11-26-2005 at 06:17 AM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy belated thanksgiving everyone! I got back from my Thanksgiving week w/BF's family last night. I am breathing a big sigh of relief because the scale shows NO GAIN. I didn't keep my food diary this week though. I didn't overstuff too badly on T-day, but I did try a little of all my favorite dishes (you would not believe this, they had EIGHT desserts -- SEVEN pies and a persimmon pudding!).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #23  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Thanksgiving was just OK....I actually really don't like this holiday. I may celebrate it next year by sunning on a white sand beach in the Islands. If I make my weight goal, I will sooo be there. I did really well eating-wise until dessert....I ate 2 slices (they were small, but still...) of pumpkin pie, 1 slice of apple crumb pie, 1 scoop of butter pecan ice cream, a few spoonfuls of Cool Whip Lite and...this is the kicker especially since a) I wasn't hungry and b)I don't even like it to begin with...a large choc choc chip muffin. I ate all of that over the course of the night, NOT all in one sitting (as if that makes it any better). I was sort of upset that night, but I can't let my emotions dictate what I eat anymore. I'm just not going to allow it.

Anyway, I'm proud to report that I didn't let that one bad night steer me off course....I got back in control that same night and have been doing well ever since.

I'm getting ready to go on a hike w/ my Mom and 9 yo brother....so I'll close by saying that I hope everybody has a fantastic weekend!
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Jenn, it's good that you admit you over-did it on the holiday and now go burn some calories on that hike. You are in control gril!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #25  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Liz! I like being in control.

We got back from our hike around 30 minutes ago and had a late lunch....leftover turkey chili and 1/2 of a natural pb & apricot preserve sandwich. I need to make sure to get a few servings of veggies in at dinner. The chili had veggies and beans, in addition to the turkey, but I always feel like I should be eating more veggies. Luckily for me, I actually like most vegetables...all except for eggplant (even though my parents forced us kids to eat it when we were younger), brussel sprouts and pearl onions. Blech!

The hike was so wonderful....we are really spoiled here in Arizona w/ our sunny, warm weather...and it's almost December! We hiked for 2 hours on the trail, w/ maybe one or two breaks along the way totalling 15 minutes...my little brother had fun climbing up on the big rocks and having his picture taken w/ our camera phone...There were lots of peaks to climb up (and down) and the views of Phoenix were breathtaking. There were lots of other families out -young and old. We're going on another hike tomorrow.

I might take a 45-minute walk/jog this evening...might even let my little brother join me. He did last night, and he loved it...I jogged w/ him for about 1mile. He loves it when I run w/ him, especially when we race....he always wins, and not because I let him either! He's fast! He told me that he wants to be a runner and an archaeologist when he grows up....he's 9, by the way. So cute!

Jilly: That sounds like a really fun dessert...and, like you said, very pretty too! How did it turn out? My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was organic blue cornbread for my Mom's stuffing, and a Sioux Indian Pudding. Nobody really liked the pudding, except for me, probably b/c it wasn't packed full of sugar. I was up until 2 a.m. Thanksgiving morning making the cornbread and pudding after we picked up my little sister from the airport late Wednesday night. Ai yi yi!

Trnsfrm: Just do what you can do every day for the rest of the month. Your body will be getting stronger and healthier w/ every minute that you exercise....1000+ minutes of exercise for November is better than none. Maybe for December you might want to break your monthly goal down into daily or weekly goals....and make a rule to not let yourself go longer than 2 days w/o exercising....something like that. You might be doing that sort of thing already.

Paperclippy: Woohooo! No gain is great! You are going to be at goal in no time!

Last edited by Isla_Bonita115; 11-26-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote