Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #16  

I LOVE Biggest Loser... but how do they lose 10 pounds a week? Even 2 or 3 pounds a week? I only lose .5 a week AT THE MOST and I work out a ton and am very healthy...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #17  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Ahh!! Reality tv.. one of the only calorie-free things I really love.
I try to be intellectual, but I'm kind of addicted to them. I liked My Fair Brady and Breaking Bonaduce and Celebrity Fit Club..all the VH1 ones. My roommates have also gotten me hooked on Laguna Beach which is such a guilty pleasure for me.
I've only seen the Biggest Loser a few times because I always forget when it comes on. [If you notice, I like the reality shows that get played a million times because my schedule is so crazy...]

Anyway...
Jenna, they probably like... just focus on losing weight? I mean, if that was a full time job, maybe it would be easier to do? Hmm.. maybe not. Also, from what I saw those people probably have more weight to lose than most of us around here. It is easier to loser 10lbs if you are 100lbs overweight instead of just 50lbs.
Maybe? I don`t know.

I have a pretty ok weekend. Boy problems are still....problems. Went and talked to my therapist today and I'm feeling a little more empowered to make better decisions.

I think I am addicted to working out. Not only does it makes me feel AMAZING, but everytime I take a new class I feel like I have conquered a new fear. Today I took Step class for the first time. I'm sure I looked like a dork.. ok, I know for sure I did because of all those mirrors... but I don't care.
Thhheeen, I did the kickboxing class after it. That class is my favorite so far.
And, I'll be up at 530 tomorrow for more gym time. And.. the scary thing is.. I'm really excited about it. I've become such a work out nerd.
Now if I could only become a healthy-eating-nerd all my problems would be solved!

Hope everyone has an excellent week!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! This is my first weekly chat!

WastedThermos, I am the same way. I LOVE exercise but I also LOVE food. My ideal day would be working out all day then taking a break to eat at In n Out or Burger King or something equally as bad!

I just got back from a big camping trip yesterday. It went well except I had a cold the whole time. Blah! I ate fairly well considering it was all camping food but I got a lot of physical activity in so I still lost a pound when I weighed in today.

I'm a total tv junkie this season. There's just too much tv on! I watch Surface, Biggest Loser, Earl, Lost, Invasion, Nip/Tuck, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. Geez it sounds like a lot written down! however I do use the time to do homework and journal and take care of the pets so it's not all wasted.

I'd like to see the Saw (both!) but hubby isn't into thrillers. The last couple movies I've seen were Into the Blue, Supercross, and Fantastic 4.

That's all for now....
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 AM   #19  
Mikey's girl

Biggest Loser, Prsion break, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy IS MY FAV BY ALL MEANS!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I always try to put myself there, like I am grey and how it would feel you know?? If I would ahve been a docotr like I wanted to would life be like that.. Im a dork! Anyhow, how is everyones tuesday morning going? Good I hope! I made it to the gym again this morning and I am loving it!
Lizzie~ Your boys are bad news! but congrats on 2 classes yesterday!! thats awesome!
Stacylambert~ I hope you are feeling better.
ANYONE IN THE MICHIGAN AREA THAT WANTS TO GO SEE SAW 2 WITH ME???? LOL
My BF wont go with me he hates the movies, and all of friends are scrady cats!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #20  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

OH man, I forgot the best show of all. . .CSI: Las Vegas! That's show's the best! I also like King of Queens and Sex and the City (I have all the seasons on DVD, HA).

Tuesday, yuck! Seems like there's more homework every week now getting towards the end of the semester. I can't wait til break!

Hope everyone has the best Tuesday ever!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #21  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Justforus: I made it up this morning to work out also! Doesn't it feel fantastic!~ I feel so awake & energized today already. Right about now, I'm usually still asleep at my desk , pouring coffee down my throat ..surfin the web.

I am trying to get in a couple two a days each week, so today is one of those. I am going back to the gym tonight for my boot camp class. I'm serious about getting down to my goal by Thanksgiving!

I also wish I was addicted to eating good. I guess we can work on that still! Is there actually people who find eating right is easier than exercising? That would be interesting to know. So far we have 3 out of 3 that think exercising is much easier.

Last edited by spillthebeans; 11-08-2005 at 10:46 AM.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh GOD I definitely think eating right is the key to my weight loss, not exercising. I don't have time to spend hours working out each week--I try to get in 3-4 days of 30 minutes on the elliptical, but that's it. Watching my calories and trying to eat fewer highly-processed foods has done wonders for me
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #23  

I am sooo addicted to tv. I watch EVERYTHING!!! Although not so much the VH1 shows... some of the celebrities annoy me.

You know what really bothered me yesterday actually- Kirstie Alley. First off, she was saying before how "she was the biggest and fattest person" yet yesterday on Oprah she said she was 202 pounds... wtf?!? What does that say to people over 200 pounds you know. I mean I personally am not, I only have about 30ish pounds to lose, but still what a slap in the face. AND she said that she is ONLY doing that dance routine for exerciese... obviously then she has a much better metablolism than most people because I have to work out hard core at a gym every day just to not gain weight (although sometimes I still end up gaining weight...) i am on Jenny Craig so I thought she would be a role model but i just got very annoyed.

I guess I am addicted to being good and working out. It has become a priority, a lot of times though I have breakdowns where it's like "the things I make my priority aren't really what I LOVE" but i guess I love myself more when i follow those priorities. My friends are trying to get me to go out more and eat with them and go to the bars with them... but it's so hard. I just want to be thin and I hate tempting myself.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #24  
Movin' and Losin'

I'm definitely one of the folks that thinks exercising is so much easier and more fun than eating right! I actually really love to exercise -- it makes me feel great, and I'm pretty consistent with it. Eating is a much more difficult battle. I continually struggle with making the right choices. If I could just get exercising and eating right going for me (at the SAME time), all would be well!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I totally agree with exercising being the easy part. I would love to run for miles at a time then come home and eat a big bowl of ice cream with peanut butter topping and whipped cream. mmmm too bad the running doesn't burn NEARLY that many calories.

Oh and I will let you all know tomorrow what I thought of Saw 2.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #26  
Chuggin' along...

Hey all,

I go through phases. Sometimes exercise is great for a couple weeks, but food is rarely as good. Sometimes food is great, but exercise not so good. Sadly the two don't often coincide for more than a few days at a time!

Food is going really well so far this week. I'm keeping my cals at a 'losing' rate and getting all my dairy, fruits & veggies, etc. I need to up my protein a little bit though...what proteinaceous thing to eat for dinner...will decide that later. Exercise is there in quantity, but still (still!) struggling in quality. I sound like a broken record with the exercise thing. My weigh-in for the last 2 weeks was this morning and I've lost a grand total of 1 lb. *sigh* At least the scale is moving in the right direction - I'm trying to be positive.

I am such a TV dork. Since I'm not home much at night, I have my VCR set to tape all my shows. I don't watch tons of shows but those I do I watch religiously - West Wing, Desperate Housewives, Alias, ER, and McLeod's Daughters. Does anyone else watch McLeod's Daughters? It's basically Melrose Place except set on an Australian cattle ranch and with the Ozzie accent, and is on WE. I'm obsessed. And then there's the weather channel, which I watch at least twice every day. Maybe I'm more obsessed with that. I do field work on the water almost every day, I've gotta know my forecast.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #27  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I just watched that oprah with kirstie alley (if it weren`t for dvr, I'm not sure I'd ever get to see all the tv I want to... oh gosh, I'm a nerd.) Anyway, yea I was a little surprised that she only weighed 202 or even 219. I've been 219 and I don`t think I ever looked the way she did at her highest. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of oprah viewers who weigh a lot more than that, so it was kind of insensitive I guess.
I just like seeing weightloss success stories, so I liked the show anyway.
Not the girl who lost weight by having sex though. SHE was kind of annoying and fake.

I think that a lot of the members here on this board are into working out, on some level. However, in some of the livejournal communities I am in people are defensive when I say that if you aren`t willing to workout, you aren't ready to lose weight. A lot of people there have lost weight exclusively through dieting with no exercise. It is possible, but in the end if you don't have any exercise, you're not doing yourself any favors, ya know?
I wish that I wasn't such a foodaholic though, seriously. There is no way I could burn off all the calories I eat sometimes no matter how much time I spend at the gym. It is easy to forget that even if you burn off 600calories working out, it still doesn`t make up for eating an entire pizza.
I'm working on it though!! I eat so much healthier now than I did a year ago, and eating right + exercise = the best lizzie. Maybe I should get that tattooed on my hand so I could see it as I reach for the bag of chips.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #28  

SO...

I just had a night group meeting and only 1 other person showed up for it!!! There are 6 people total in a group so 4 people just decided not to go and let me and the other person do all of this Cash Flow finance excuse my french ****. We had a VERY difficult time figuring it out and probably did not do any of it right...

On my way back to my apartment I was passing all of the college town restaurants and I was so tempted to just go in and buy a cookie from subway or piece of pizza, i was on the phone crying to my roommate and she's like why don't u just get ur self the cookie or pizza and u'll feel better. BUT I resisted. I said no because then not only will I be upset about the project but I will also be upset with caving in and eating when I probably wasn't hungry just sad. So I guess that is one good thing from this terrible night...

Have you ever been doing really good, and then suddenly like a lightning bolt you questioned why you were trying so hard... why you weren't good enough just as you are?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #29  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Jenna - I totally feel ya on that! It seems like I get these random urges to eat something bad. I don't know why that happens. I'm so proud of you for resisting. It's so hard to get past those moments, but I think that's the most important part. I tend to want to go eat bad when I am stressed or want to celebrate, and I know that I need to learn how to deal with it in other ways! Good job!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 AM   #30  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I haven't been working out as much the past few days because of my knee but i should have done flexibility and arm workouts. I beat myself up so much over these short term breaks. =sighs=
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote