Old 10-23-2005, 03:38 AM   #1  
All That's Left of Me

Arrow The Worm Has Turned

I'm sitting here at 3:30 in the morning just thinking of how I have changed. I remember when I wore a jean size 4 and a shirt size xs. It seems like a lifetime ago. I was indifferent then, I guess I felt like being overweight was the symptom of an underlying weakness. I was prejudice, and overtly so. I was not too quiet about stating my opinion that big women just ate too much. I look back now and realize that my problem was not so much prejudice, as it was ignorance. Since I have become obese I have (for the first time) learned to appreciate the beauty in women. All of us are guided by an underlying layer of beauty and strength. My blinders are off, and I have stopped judging the ladies of the world...but I am only one. Have any of you noticed how tough women are on eachother? I will be the first to start, by recogniziong that I have been mean...and judgemental to my fellow woman. I just hope to do some good by admitting this. We are far too hard on each other! Women are strong, and beautiful...regardless of our shape. Intelligent and determined, regardless of how we present ourselves. We deal with (on a daily basis) what men could only imagine (and later complain about). God bless us all in our strengths and our weaknesses, for we are truly the biggest accomplishment that God can manage to brag about!

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-23-2005 at 03:45 AM.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Yeah, as a group women aren't always the most supportive or encouraging. And it is true that you don't know what something is truly like until you yourself experience it.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote