Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Default Hello...and can I start a weekly log?

Hi girls (and guys if you're out there!),

I have having a super hard time getting control of my eating and exercise habits and have actually gained some weight. I think I really need some support, and I thought this would be the best place because I am a 20-something and believe we can probably all relate to each other a lot.

I was thinking every week we could post daily our food/calorie intake and that way it'll keep me on track and I can see on average how many calories I am eating on average a day. I suppose every Monday a new thread could start (otherwise they get too long!) and weigh in every Monday.

We could still post today and tomorrow, but officially start with weigh-in and all Monday!

What do you guys think!? Please join me
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #2  
All That's Left of Me

Wink

Hmmm...sounds like a good idea...already doin' it though, but I highly recommend it. It keeps me on track!!!

My Log

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-15-2005 at 09:21 AM.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I would join but then i start to obsess over food and calories. :/ I have been good on a mindset of you can eat anything in moderation.

I might join in just to see how my food is effecting me.
Good luck on that darling.

Stay strong girls!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #4  

Hey girls, thanks for replying and no worries if you are already on another thread or counting will make you too obsessed - we all have our own ways of doing things! I just need a place to be accountable, I guess. I just feel so crummy all the time because I have such little, little willpower.

I tracked on fitday.com today and a few times I forgot to track it and had to try and remember later, but it says I'm at 1502 calories. I am happy with that, if it is actually that amount.

I don't know...it's saturday and I'm staying in tonight to do some work. Gosh, I really hope I don't screw up...I just find it hard to always look forward - I totally have the mentality that I will "start over" the next day.

I guess the hard part is waiting it out...
Old 10-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey Cyndy. I don't know if you already use it or not, but Fitday.com is awesome. I just downloaded the PC version for like $20 and I love it. Since the begining of August I have been recording my food/calorie intake at home, pen and paper and then on an exel spread sheet. I think it keeps me totally on track. Good luck! And join our points challenge, it's kinda fun!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:17 PM   #6  

Oh man, I went to Starbucks with my sister to get some work done, and we split a brownie (at least I got a non fat cafe au lait). But it gets worse. She wanted Krispy Kreme donuts so I ended up eating about 3 or so. Then I got pizza. That's what you call a binge...I am so embarrassed to post this...but I am also so desperate...I really, honestly don't know how you guys do it...

/end pity party
Goodnight
Old 10-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #7  
All That's Left of Me

I do it with a combination of food loathing (begin by thinking of food as your enemy), and phentermine (diet drug that elliminates your appetite/takes the joy out of eating). I'm not always on the phentermine, and during those times I find it really helps to get disgusted by food. Like every time I want to go ahead and have a little food binge I go into the bathroom, lift up my shirt, and look at my belly fat. Ewwww...gross, needless to say, it works!!!
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote