Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #1  

Cool Hey there!

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you. I am trying to lose about 40 lbs and I just started Monday. When I get to my goal weight I will see if I think I need to lose some more.

One of my problem areas is dinner. I tend to eat way too much. I also have no control over what I eat because I am not the one cooking most of the time.

Hopefully with being dilligent about my eating during the day, I can lose all this extra weight that I am carrying around.

I am usually really motivated until my first plateau, then I backslide. I need help with that extra kick to get me going.

Thanks!
usedtobeacowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #2  

Hey! For dinner why are you not the one cooking most of the time? An idea is to have a frozen meal, that way you eat THEIR portion.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you here. This is a great place. I think you find lots of support and motivation to keep going even when you hit a plateau. Everyone knows where you are coming from and I am sure you can find alot of great ideas for food and exercise.

I can relate to you on overeating at dinner time. I find that I can manage well throughout the day but once it comes to cooking dinner at night I just can't help but to eat. I am trying to drink more water around that time to help fill me up so I won't have the tendency to eat too much. I guess it's hard to leave the plate with food on it. You grow up hearing you shouldn't waste food. SO I tend to shovel it in and then fill too full and then I am totally miserable the rest of the night.

Just take it a day at a time and remember to keep working. Try to remember that there may be a plateau, but you may just have to alter your calorie intake a little or change you exercise routine a little. Just don't give up.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi. Looks like we have similar goals! As far as dinner goes...Maybe you should try eating more earlier in the day, that way you won't be hungry at dinner and will eat less of the stuff you have no control over. Or try a small snack 30 min before hand so your stomach starts getting the full message sooner?

Anything that works right?
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #5  
Melting Butter

I just joined not too long ago too. This board is wonderful. Are you on any plan to try to lose weight? Sometimes it's easier to confront problems when you have a plan in mind. However you decide to lose weight make sure it's a healthy way and one that you can truly maintain. And I agree with skinnyjeans. Eat smaller portions during the day or fill up on fruits...I hope everything works out for you! Let us know.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #6  

My in-laws cook dinner. DH, son and I live with them to help them out. They cook dinner just about every night. I really just need to start watching my portions better at dinner.
usedtobeacowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey girl, welcome to the group. Dinner's my problem too. Sometimes I try to save calories here and there through out the day so that I can eat a little more and feel satisfied!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote