Old 10-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaholly
Hunger Level Today : I could've eaten a cow while it was still grazing , or even my own foot
OMG thats funny! I agree with everyone else comments, frustrating I know, About eating more (quantity) but lower cal foods. Veggies are the obvious pick in this category. But, try to think about adding some fruits in more also through out the day. This will help satisfy your sweet tooth and cut down on the cals. For example fruit in your cereal at breakfast, or mixed with some cottage cheese.

Always be asking yourself how can I add fruit or veggies to this? I think you will be suprised at what you come up with.

Like your lunch yesterday, add a couple slices of tomato and lettuce to the roast beef. Even if you don't add bread for the sandwich. The veggies add hardly any cals and most of the taste would come from meat.

Or tomato on top of toast in the morning. Another favorite for me it to slice my apple and eat it with chedder cheese (totally improves the taste of the apple)

Don't know if my suggestions are any good for your tastes. Just keep on tryin'

Last edited by skinnyjeans; 10-04-2005 at 02:42 PM.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #17  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up Some Improvement...Except in the Calorie Sector :(

JillyBean - LOL on the veggie thing, YUCK As far as the soup idea...I love vegetable soup! I should do that! Now about the 1200 calorie thing, my doctor doesn't even want me eating that many (bum thyroid=low metabolism), but that's my maximum number. Unfortunately, since going off the phentermine I find it hard. Oh well, guess I'm just going to have to get used to being hungry all the time

cacmsc - You know what, I never even thought of bringing my own food to McDonald's, would probably be good for the ol' pocketbook, as well as my waistline Oh, and yes, I do journal my food intake (see below) Lbs of butter...ewww, well that puts a new spin on things

skinnyjeans - Thanks for the suggestions! I really do need to make a concentrated effort to add more veggies to my intake. I'm working on it one day at a time! Oh yeah, hail fellow Detroiter...GO WINGS!!!

10/04/05

Morning Weigh-In: 176.0

9:15 a.m. - 1 small package of nacho cheese combo's *230 calories

11:30 p.m. - 1 cup multi-grain cheerio's, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1 slice of watermellon *180 calories

1:50 p.m. - 1 harvest bar *250 calories

5:00 p.m. - 1/2 cup fat free yogurt, and 1 small banana *120 calories

6:00 p.m. - Subway: A 6 inch toasted chicken parmigana sub, and 1 oz. of cheeto's *880 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,660

Cardio Accomplished : None

Any Weight Training : None

80 oz Water Today : Yes

Caloric Deficit Today: -368

Hunger Level Today : A bit hungry, but not bad until 9:00 at night.

Moment of Triumph : I ate fruits and veggies, and lots of whole foods.

Okay, so I wasn't perfect...but I was a lot better with my food choices than I have been lately. I had 2 servings of fruit, and 1 serving of vegetables (in the form of sub toppings). The combo's in the morning were out of necessity, as I was stuck at Jobe's school from 7:30 in the morning until 10:30 a.m., with nothing available except those darn combo's. As far as the sub/cheeto's went, I was under the false impression that subway's subs were healthy, so I ordered a 6" and didn't think much about it until I got home and looked it up on the internet. The sub alone was 720 calories!!! So oh well, lesson learned. The calories sure did add up though! And what's up with the weight gain? I know, .2 is nothing to flip out about, but with all the exercise I did the day before, I woke up expecting a drop on the scale...not a gain. As a preview, this morning I weighed in at 176.4......WTF?

Last edited by amandaholly; 11-04-2005 at 02:09 PM.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #18  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up Yipeee!

10/05/05

Morning Weigh-In: 176.4

9:15 a.m. - 1 cup cheerio's, and 1/2 cup skim milk *150 calories

10:35 a.m. - 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt, and 1 small banana *120 calories

12:15 p.m. - 2 oz deli turkey, 1 slice whole grain bread, 3 slices tomato, lettuce, and 11 light dorito's *250 calories

7:20 p.m. - 1 bowl of stew (beef, carrots, potatoes) *600 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,120

Caloric Deficit Today: -908

Hunger Level Today : Hungry...but at least the stew was filling!

Moment of Triumph : Whole Foods and Veggies galore!!!

So Yeahhhh!!! I did good yesterday, eh? But this morning was kind of a different story...wait until you see tomorrow's log... Anyways, yep I know I've been slacking on the exercise for the last coupple of days, but I'm gonna try and pick things up today!

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-06-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #19  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up I Wanted To...But...

Okay, so I really did plan on exercising today, really. I made it a point to wear my gym clothes to my night class and everything. I got out of class though, and all I could think about was how much I missed Jobe...so I went home So now I've had my Jobe fix, but it's too late for the gym...alas, what am I going to do with myself?

Well anyways, as I aluded to earlier, today was not exactly the best day foodwise (or anything wise, for that matter). I was disappointed to step on the scale and see that all too familiar "176", at least it wasn't 176.4 though...I guess. I was just ticked off, but on the way to Jobes' school I chowed on a protein bar...then as the day wore on I lost my stick-to-it-ness...was just fed up going hungry and seeing no results. So today was Jobe's field trip to bear creek park, and I had to drive him...and at the park...well, let's just say there was naughty food involved, plus I couldn't smoke because, well, it was a kindergarten field trip So I had nothing to do with my hands...AHHHH!!! Well, check out my log and you'll see what I mean

10/06/05

Morning Weigh-In: 176.0

9:05 a.m. - 1 Harvest Bar *250 calories

10:30 a.m. - 1 glazed doughnut *300 calories

12:00 p.m. - 1 slice pepperoni pizza from Hungry Howies *250 calories

3:30 p.m. - 1/2 cup fat free yogurt *60 calories

4:30 p.m. - 1 small piece cheddar cheese and 5 crackers *140 calories

7:30 p.m. - 1/2 a small bag of rye crisps *135 calories

9:30 p.m. - 1 small portion left-over beef stew *250 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,385

Caloric Deficit Today: -643

Hunger Level Today : Really hungry during the first half of the day...but tapered off as the day wore on.

Moment of Triumph : Even when I was eating bad foods, I still watched my portion sizes. Back before I started, when I was just trying to "watch what I ate", I would have gone through the following thought process; "Okay, well you already ate the one doughnut, if you're going to have your fun you might as well go all the way...go ahead and have another, and ooooh, is that fresh cider"? So hey, I reigned it in early, and then was really careful about my intake the rest of the day. Sure, I went over my 1200 calorie limit, but considering the fact that I had eaten 800 calories by noon...well, I'm proud!

Well, tomorrow's my real official weigh-in day (not your typical everyday weigh-in, mind you), and I am scared to even look at the scale. My last official weigh-in day was on September 30th, where I tipped the scale at 176.6...if it turns out that I am close to that as of tommorow morning then you girls are going to hear my cuss in each of your respective states So please, cross your fingers for me! The scale usually flops back and forth like this just prior to a whoosh (dropping a lb or two overnight, fat cells finally deciding to give up the ghost all at once). So I am in hopes that I will wake up in the morning and the scale will read 176.2, or something equally frustrating. I am soooooo ready to dip down below 175...I just can't deal with stalling as frequently as I have been lately. Oh well, I will persevere. Cross your fingers for me gals, 'cause if I don't start losing again soon I will have no choice but to go back on the phentermine.

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-06-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #20  
All That's Left of Me

Smile My Goals

Just for clarification, for both myself and anyone who happens across this.

MY GOALS

Morning Weigh-In: Less than the previous day!

Food Intake: Healthy stuff including fruits and vegetables. Nothing terribly fatty!

Total Calories Today : 1,200 or less (not 1,201)

Cardio Accomplished : 30 minutes or more, every day except Thursday (I have class all day/evening on Thursday's)

Any Weight Training : 3 days per week this needs to be a yes!

80 oz Water Today : Needs to be a "YES" everyday!

Caloric Deficit Today: Needs to be -1,000 calories or more

Hunger Level Today : If I am eating right, my hunger level should be steady.

Moment of Triumph : Something good, that doesn't start with "well I only ate half of the cake".

Okay, so those are my goals. I may be aiming for the moon, but I think it's attainable!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #21  
Determined

Amanda - I think you've said before that you couldn't stand to weigh in just once a week, but that would be so much better. I would be interested to see how much sodium you take in. I know I thought I was eating pretty healthy and was still shocked to see how much sodium I was taking in. Because you're doing so well with keeping your calories in check and it seems like you're improving on your exercise, it seems like maybe your fluctuations would just be water weight? Anyway, good job with keeping yourself accountable!!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:18 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaholly
Just for clarification, for both myself and anyone who happens across this.

MY GOALS

Morning Weigh-In: Less than the previous day!
Along the lines of what happydaisy said--now, I'm not one to preach, since I also weigh myself every single day. However, expecting it to always be lower than the previous day is simply unrealistic. Even if you stick to a max of 1200 calories and do some exercise every single day, your body's weight will fluctuate naturally. This can be due to newly worked-out muscles retaining water, additional sodium from the previous day(s) causing water retention, hormones, change in body fat percentage, and any other number of things. I just hate to see you get disappointed or frustrated when the scale doesn't show a loss every single day even when you are on-plan. I have read that if you must weigh every day, a good way to see your real progress is to take you average weight for the week, so maybe you could try that? That way, the daily fluctuations may balance out to actually be a lower average for the week than the week before
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I am also addicted to my scale weigh myself everyday won't give it up (Tried it didn't work out, went through withdrawl gained 10 lb) Plus you've got to think, what if you get on the scale one day and have lost 2 lbs then get on the next morning and gain 1/2 lb back? That's not bad. Maybe like jilly said look at the average.

Also probably not the best solution but...I'm usually look at whether I am lower than (or at)the previous weeks low number. Probably I should just aim for lower than last weeks average.

Oh-And I'm a 'burbs girl myself-R.O. (just used to calling everything within 20 miles Detroit) who actually lives downtown, anyone?
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #24  
All That's Left of Me

Talking Responses

HappyDaisy - Hmmm...you may have something there I would like to monitor my sodium intake, and see how bad it is...I'm just not sure if I could do it accurately. Tonight, for example, I am going out to dinner with my son and my dad, where I will eat a child's portion of roast beef with au jus, green beans, and garlic bread. It sounds like a sodium fest to me, but I wouldn't know how to figure out the sodium level in a meal like that. It's a small diner we're going to, unfortunately I doubt they have their nutritional information published. But I will try to monitor, and possibly post (as best as possible) my best estimate. Yummm...I LOVE salty foods

Jill - Yeah, I know that weight fluctuates (mine sure as he** does anyway). I don't want to set myself up for failure, but at the same time I don't want to give myself any room for excuses. Okay, so maybe I should be a bit more realistic Oh, and I agree with the average weight idea...I log it all girl! I guess I'm just a little bit tough on myself, but I feel like I have to be. I am tackling this thing called obesity like the enemy it is. Every battle that I fight is a potential victory or loss...and I'm going to win this war one victory at a time! We can do it girl!!!

Skinnyjeans- It is a small world! I grew up in R.O. on S. Minerva! Where bouts are you? Wonder if we knew eachother at any point! I went to Oakland Elementary, and then Lincoln Elementary, and then Keller...and then moved to Rochester Hills. Oh, and yes, the weekly average is a good thing...I have a whole spreadsheet detailing my weekly averages since the first week in July! Man, I log wayyyy too much
Old 10-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #25  
All That's Left of Me

Exclamation Outdated, But For The Record

On September 19th 2005 I went to my university gym for a formal fitness assessment. Things have improved since then, but I wanted to post my stats for the record, as I will be having the same test done again in December. So, here it is...

September 19th 2005

Resting Heart Rate: 78 (fit)
Blood Pressure: 119/81 (Excellent)
Body Fat: 34.6% (needs work)
Aerobic Fitness: 22.1 (needs work)
Biceps Strength: 70 lbs. (excellent)
Back Flexability: 15 cm (needs work)

Weight: 180.9 lbs.

Shoulder Circumference: 44.50 inches

Chest Circumference: 43.00 inches

Waist Circumference: 35.50 inches

Abdomen Circumference: 39.00 inches

Hips Circumference: 45.00 inches

Right Biceps Circumference: 12.75 inches

Right Forearm Circumference: 10.50 inches

Right Thigh Circumference: 21.50 inches

Right Calf Circumference: 16.00 inches

Triceps Skinfold: 28.4 mm

Suprailium Skinfold : 32.5 mm (what the heck is a suprailium?)

Thigh Skinfold : 40.1 mm

Okay, so I have no idea how bad these stats are, although I'm sure they are BAD! Any input would be helpful. As of this morning my weight is down to 175.4 (with TOM only a few days away), and my pants fit looser than they did on the day these measurements were taken...so I must be improving, eh?

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-07-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #26  
All That's Left of Me

Default Alcohol, Oh Alcohol...How I regret thee...

10/07/05

Morning Weigh-In: 175.4

9:35 a.m. - 1 cup whole grain cheerio's, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1 small banana *210 calories

1:30 p.m.. - 1 slice whole grain bread, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and 11 light dorito's *225 calories

6:30 p.m. - 2 eggs, 1/2 tbsp of butter, 2 slices of rye toast, and 1/2 tbsp brummel &brown *413 calories

11:00 p.m. - 7 light beers *722 calories

1:00 a.m. - 1 serving chip snack mix *140 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,710

80 oz Water Today : No

Caloric Deficit Today: -314

Hunger Level Today : Not really hungry, well...until the beer, but hey at least I only ate a little bit, in the past I would have ordered a pizza

Moment of Triumph : Not going on a food fest when I was tipsy

Overall Mood : Happy/Jealous

My day - Okay, so I know I'm journaling a little behind, but I've been a bit distracted lately. On this day in particular, I made the informed decision of having a beer night, and kinda planned it out. Although my mood has been better the last few days, I have also been fighting severe jealousy in regards to my best friend. I want only the best for her, and I know that I've conveyed this to her over the years (helping her whenever she needs it). The problem is that she's getting everything I want...and it's difficult for me to handle sometimes. Okay, so what do I want? I want to have a husband and a family, and a new car (as mine is falling apart). I have been trying to go about this the right way. I do not believe that sex before marriage is right, and more importantly, I don't believe it's right in God's eyes...so I haven't been doing it (so to speak) I've been going to school for years, and plan on attending law school soon. I've been trying to start my own business. What do I have to show for it? Let's see, $50,000 dollars in debt...no husband...no boyfriend...a 5 1/2 year old who has no siblings...no house (I live in my mothers condo), and a car that's falling apart. She has dated around, had boyfriends, good sex, hasn't had to go to college, lives in her mothers house (often with the house to herself...while my mother inhabits the condo I live in like a bad plague), has found a great boyfriend, is pregnant with her second child...and is about to get a BRAND NEW CAR!!! Yeah for me, I'm doing things the right way, and look where it has gotten me. She does anything she wants...and lives my dream life. Don't get me wrong, I know her life isn't perfect...but at least she has something to look forward to (a new baby, a new car, getting married, etc), and on top of it she has a good job that pays her well, and gives her good benefits. All the while I go to church, tithe pennies, and pray that I will get a child support check this month. I want more children, I want a car that I don't have to worry about whether or not it will get me from point a to point b. I want a boyfriend, someone who cares when I'm gone, and is happy when I get home. I want to lose weight solely for myself, rather than out of the fear that I will otherwise be alone forever. Maybe it pays to do things the wrong way after all!

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-09-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #27  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up Still Not Exercising...But Otherwise Good

10/08/05

Morning Weigh-In: 172.6 (can you say dehydration?)

10:00 a.m. - 1 slice rye toast with 1 tsp brummel & brown *115 calories

12:30 p.m.. - 1 cup cheerio's, and 1 cup skim milk *190 calories

2:30 p.m. - 1 small piece of cheese, and 5 townhouse crackers *150 calories

5:00 p.m. - RJ's Pub: 1/2 a corned beef sandwhich on grilled rye, 10 crinkle-cut french fries, and 1 tbsp ranch *650 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,105

Caloric Deficit Today: -905

Hunger Level Today : Uninterested in food

Moment of Triumph : Not eating anything after my 5:00 dinner. Even at the movies with my dad, where it was more than a little tempting

Overall Mood : Bored/Tired

My day - Not much happened. Just kinda sat in my chair in front of the computer/tv all day. I have so much to do that I am just overwhelmed. You know how it is when you have so many things to do that you just can't seem to get started...I've been trapped in that rut for weeks. I really was motivated, but just couldn't seem to muster the energy/initiative to get out of my chair. Oh well, maybe if I start logging what I have accomplished each day would give me what I need to actually get started. I know it sounds crazy, but I am severely ADD, and need accountability to do some of the simplest things. Okay, so below is my to-do list. From this day on I will also post my to-do list daily, in hopes that it will get me on track!

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-10-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #28  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up

10/09/05

Morning Weigh-In: 174.8 (like magic, the dehydration weight is back)

10:50 a.m.. - 1 cup cheerio's, and 3/4 cup of skim milk *170 calories

12:55 p.m. - Stuffed Bun: 1/2 an egg, and 1/2 a piece of dry wheat toast *100 calories

2:30 p.m. - 1/2 a package of Mike & Ike candies *105 calories

4:30 p.m. - 1 slice whole grain bread, 2 oz lean deli roast beef, and 11 light dorito's *290 calories

6:45 p.m. - 1/2 cup fat free yogurt, and 1 small banana *140 calories

9:00 p.m. - 1 1/2 eggo waffles, 1 tbsp brummel & brown, and 1/8 cup of log cabin syrup *275 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,080

Caloric Deficit Today: -942 /

Hunger Level Today : Busy, busy, busy! Food...What food?

Moment of Triumph : Well, my moment went on all day! I managed to get in all 6 of my rations, and I'm ending the evening not hungry!

Overall Mood : Hyper/Perplexed

My day - I'll edit the message and fill this in tomorrow...I've got to get Jobe to bed...bad bad mommy
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #29  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up This better pay off tomorrow...Yep I know I gotta start exercising :(

10/10/05

Morning Weigh-In: 174.6 : (I thought for sure I'd be down to 173 point something)

11:35 a.m. - 1 Harvest Bar *250 calories

2:05 p.m.. - 1 small banana, and 1/2 cup fat free yogurt *120 calories

2:30 p.m. - 3 small barbaque ribs, and 4 servings spicy potato wedges *700 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,070

Caloric Deficit Today: -950

Hunger Level Today : Uninterested in food

Moment of Triumph : Not eating dessert after dinner. I let a bowl of ice cream melt in front of me

Overall Mood : Determined/Tired

My day I've been super busy cleaning and just trying to get organized. Unfortunately, I can't yak for long caus' I gotta try to get all of my school stuff organized and put together. This is bad, I don't even know what I have due tomorrow. Had a kinda tough day. My friend got her first ultrasound done and heard her baby's heartbeat. I am sooo jealous!!! I know, bad Amanda...I'm working on it.

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-10-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:59 AM   #30  
All That's Left of Me

10/11/05

Morning Weigh-In: 174.6 ARGHHH!

12:15 a.m. - 1/2 cup fat free yogurt and 1 small banana *120 calories

6:15 p.m. - Olive Garden: 1/2 order Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, 2 breadsticks, 4 pats of butter, and a small salad with 1 tbsp full fat ranch *1,200 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,320

80 oz Water Today : No

Caloric Deficit Today: -700

Hunger Level Today : Followed doc's advice and I'm back on the phentermine Until I'm off my appetite will be non-existant

Moment of Triumph : I'm sure I could come up with something if I tried, but I'm not too happy with myself right now

Overall Mood : Awake/Busy

My day I have to admit that I missed the phentermine. I got tired of being without it...hungry all the time. I am, however, just taking a half dose, so I don't have any more "episodes" (hopefully). It hadn't fully kicked in, and that's why I gave in when my mother suggested Olive Garden for dinner. As of now though...it's working like a charm!

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-13-2005 at 01:34 PM.