Old 08-13-2005, 09:19 PM   #1  
All That's Left of Me

Default (Echo))echo))echo...oh no, it's a ghost town!

Is it just me, or has there been a serious decrease in the population lately? Anyways, I'll proceed as if y'all are here. So, I had a defining moment tonight, it started with a naughty food, believe it or not! I've been really bummin' lately because my grandma had a stroke, so I decided to go to Max & Erma's tonight and find solace in one of those sinful fried chicken salads. Doesn't sound too bad, I know...and don't think that worse foods didn't cross my mind . So I compromised on a half order of the salad with fully loaded dressing, hold the breadstick please . I was just sooo lonely, and bored, and depressed and hungry. So I ate it, and guess what...yuck, I don't like fried foods anymore . This is like a huge deal for me, as fried foods have been my regular staple for so long now. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good...but it made my stomach feel sick and just gave me an all around icky feeling. I'm really starting to feel like I have made my new way of eating an actual lifestyle change, one I can live with, rather than just the usual few weeks before I cave in and go back to old habits. Oh yeah, and I also got over my exercise slump today. I ran/jogged in intervals for 30 minutes...really pushed it hard, and wore myself out. Whew, I'm back baby!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #2  
Sara G.

I hear ya on the population decrease. I feel like I live on this board except when I'm actually out working my butt off. Good for you on the defining moment! And congrats on the jump back into your exercise routine!

Later!

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:13 PM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks Laila! Good to hear I'm not the only one living on this board. I wonder if everyone has moved to a different board or something. I'm sad
Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

oh, I love Max and Erma's I though it was just here in Pittsburgh I didn't realise it was a chain. I ussually get the BBQ chicken salad which is grilled and won't give you the yuck stomach.
Its hard when you want to emotinal eat because the comfort foods are no longer comfortable in your stomach.
I hope your grandma is Ok and you are feeling less lonley. Keep up the good work.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #5  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks Jennie. Unfortunately she isn't doing too great right now...but they are hopeful. Her blood pressure has shot up because they took her off her blood pressure medicine in fear that it would cause another stroke. So they just gave it to her, and are hoping it will work without causing any additional problems. Prayers!

Amanda
Old 08-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how hard it can be on you. Fortunately I haven't gone through it with my own family but in my line of work I take care of people who have had strokes and it breaks my heart. I wish you the best of luck, and hope she gets well again.
It is a wonderful feeling to know how the foods that we were so dependent on no longer have such a hold on us. I have found that when I cheat I my not necessarilly feel physicaly sick but so very guilty, to the point that it makes me want to throw up.
Good luck, although sounds like you are doing great.
Jennifer
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  
All That's Left of Me

Jennifer - Thanks...I'm trying! Surprisingly enough when I weighed in this morning I was a lb. lighter. With TOM coming up and all I'm pretty surprised! So, any idea where everyone went?

Amanda
Old 08-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

People going back to college are probably pretty busy so that might explain a little bit. Umm hopefully others haven't started hibernating for winter yet..but summer IS coming to a close. Except here in Texas where it's ALWAYS hot. I'll still be needing my swimsuit-ready body for a couple months.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #9  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

yes - with school coming up - I've been a bit hectic and haven't been able to read as much (doesn't stop me from randomly posting -but i like to read too)
this week im not so busy, but last week I had to move/turn in a script/visit parents in NY. oh yeah - and its always warm in sunny CA (except when it gets dark out)
now what to have for lunch - thoughts of salad run thru my head - but no lettuce in the h ouse - i should go shopping!

sorry about ure grandma Amanda, keep in there!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #10  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks Bida! *Hugs*

Amanda
Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #11  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ive been sleeping like mad while not at work.. this is due to me going out with my friend the other night, and ended up spending the night on the floor of this guy's house I never met before, which was also occupied by a few other guys (one of which spent much of the evening, before everyone passed out, trying to get in my pants... Im sorry, but doing dirty things with strangers who reek of beer is not high on my to-do list), 10 (YES, as in ten) dogs... yea.

Don't worry, I have no other boards.. you guys get me all to yourselves!

Amanda - I hope your grandmother gets better!

Off to go take a walk now.. it is so flippin HOT in my house!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #12  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I miss this board so much when I'm not around, but for some reason the computer at my house won't load certain pages properly and this forum happens to be one of those. Plus when I'm at work I have so much down time that I really do live on this board, so when I'm not at work I'm not on as much.

This week is going to be crazy for me, but I hope to stay around because it keeps me so motivated and accountable!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #13  
All That's Left of Me

Great to see you back Lizzie...so how was your birthday?

Amanda
Old 08-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #14  
All That's Left of Me

Oops, almost forgot...thank you Fae! My grandma just started physical therapy today, so hopefully she will be up and around in no time!

Amanda