Old 08-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Default Overemtional and JUST CRAZY latly!!

I have a question, weather to come here or go to support, I feel the most comfortable here. But latly, without PMSing I have been highly irratated. Upset, easily mad. I cannot explain it, Im working out 3-4 times a week, eating healthy a lil slip up here and there, nothing MAJOR and this is going on for like I dont know a couple of months. I fly off the handle sometimes, just crying, screaming and I cant figure out why some things make me so upset.... Im getting 8 hours of sleep a night, not drinking. I think there are some issues, I just dont know about.?? anyone else have anytihng like this?? Its not like Im depressed, Im happy... I just dont know.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I think you covered most of the bases (eating, sleeping, drinking, exercising etc). You may want to check with your gyn to see if maybe some hormones are out of whack causing a constant PMS. My mother had issues like that pretty much the whole time I was growing up . Finally had a hysterectomy & went on HRT when I was about 16 and she was much easier to deal with after that.

Last edited by JuliaTN; 08-10-2005 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #3  

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Lately I have just felt angry at everything. The smallest thing can make me sooo pissed off for hours, and sometimes (like yesterday to be precise) In my head all I could hear was snappy mean comments to make to my roomates, they weren't even doing anything wrong, but for some reason I just felt like lashing out.....hmmm, mabye I just need to find an activity to take out some aggression, but yet I have no idea were it is stemming from.
abinormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey,

It's just moodiness or at least it is with me sometimes. And yes I've been through that before. Generally I just ask a friend to tell me if my attitude gets too far out there and although I don't like hearing it at the time. It's a good reference point as to how others are seeing you.

Honestly, I know for me once I hear from them that I need to get my attitude back into check I work on doing and doing it QUICKLY!!

And yes I have this even when I'm eating right, sleeping properly, exercising and not drinking. I think that some of us just go through those times even when we are happy. Hang in there and just work really HARD at not screaming even when you want to.

Honestly, I have to stop myself many times and say to myself, how is this going to come across when my gut reaction is to respond by screaming or just going off about something. Then I ask myself whether or not I'm going to get the outcome I want from doing so. IF (and that's a major IF) I can make myself think it through before I act...I honestly do much better at it...I hope this helps some and know you aren't alone.
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Usually if I am lashing out for no reason and it's not TOM, it is because I am really stressed out about something else. Maybe that is the reason for you?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #6  
Sara G.

I found that stress was a big part of my mood swings. I can say a lot of it had to do with my ex-bf. I was really unhappy with myself for being with him, and he was an alcoholic so I was always getting frustated with his drinking and lying. Not to say that a guy is what is causing your outbursts, but I think that if there is one thing that is really stressing you out you should try to take control over it and it might help your mood. I hope this helps.

Sara G
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Sounds like it's time to set an appt with your dr. Tell her what you've told us, and she can probably rule out most health issues after tests or just talking with you. Maybe you have a hormone imbalance and it's something that can be cured with a low mg of antidepressants. Definetely time to take care of yourself and make that appt!

Hang in there! ((((Hugs)))))
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #8  

I agree that if it doesn't go away then maybe you should see your doctor. I was like that before I found out I had diabetes. I'm not saying you are diabetic but it could be a medical issue. You might want to just have a check up if you feel that it's not going away. Everyone has some bad times and are snippy (like me today...but I think my sugars are actually low today). If it continues to bother you, by all means see your doctor, that's what they are there for.
Good luck!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #9  
Mikey's girl

I just want to thank everyone for their help support and comments. I went for a drive yesterday shortly after writitng this, and thought about what the **** is going on in my head!! I am stressed to the max, and I have realized that I only get like this on days I do not go to hte gym, yesterday I did go for a walk, but it was nothing compared what I usually do. trying to redo my house plan makayla's 1 st bday party, trying to lose weight eat heralthy, dealing with family at work. I just need to relax think before I speak, which I NEVER DO! and maybe not take so much to heart. . . I do plan on going to see someone as soonas I get insurance. I cannot afford what they want me to pay, maybe get on some anti anxity meds. I used to take those when I was 19, but they took me off of them because I calmed down, plus they made me like a ZOMBIE. Sorry to ramble on and on.. thank you again girls!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote