Old 08-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #16  
Proud US Navy Wife

I'm thinking of doing something my friend and I decided on when we attempted (and failed) at dieting over the winter.. put aside $5 a week.. then, when I reach my goal (140) I will have lots of shopping money! Im plannin on the works.. new haircut, new clothes, new makeup.. although with how much that would cost, maybe I should put aside $10 a week!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #17  
All That's Left of Me

Well said jdogg, well said!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #18  
Jessie's Mom

I plan on going straight into Victoria's Secret! Also there is a hot pair of "fluffy" boots that I want, but you have to be "skinny" to wear them.
Also I have a mini goal, once I hit 145-150 I am going to try for another baby. That is one of my biggest motivations.

Wendy
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #19  
Chuggin' along...

When I did reach my goal, I went on a shopping spree for new clothes. At the time money was veeeery tight, but I'd saved up for that specific purpose. I also bought a Victoria Secret bikini (after living on the beach for 8 months), even paid full price, as a reward. It was exciting for me because though I like clothes, I don't make much money and so don't often buy new ones.

Sara, where in Florida are you moving to? Here on the panhandle we only get good surf when low pressure fronts, tropical depressions, and hurricanes come through. Generally FL beaches are very low-energy. Everyone else is evacuating while surfers head to the beach, those crazies. I've had a few lessons from friends and it's a lot of fun, and a great workout!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #20  

I'll byu new underwear and get myself fotographed by a photographer in exactly this new underwear and then without it.

And I'll do Photos with me and my Boyfriend, too.

I did that when I was 19 and the photos are WOW!!! It was about 90 €, but I think that was worth it!

As I did the photos I resolved to do such photos every 5 years so that I could see how I grow old and now it's time to do the second part.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #21  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

This has nothing to do with rewards, but I just wanted to say hi to Wendy! I'm in Rhode Island too!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #22  
Sara G.

I'm moving to Orlando. I am really working on losing weight before the move, I plan on being at the different beaches a lot in the summer. I chose Orlando so that I would be a little safer from the hurricanes and tropical storms. That and they have some hospitals I am interested working in.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #23  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Megan. I'm in the St. Petersburg-area -- I won't be far from you, Sara. We don't have any surfers around here -- except during a hurricane, like Megan said! Crazy stuff. We do have lots of skim-boarders. Looks fun and looks like a good workout, but I think you also have to be coordinated, so that counts me out!

One of my goals is a bikini, too. Or just to have a body that a bikini would look good on. Just to feel comfortable at the beach would be a great feeling!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #24  
Proud US Navy Wife

Jdogg - here here! I second that wholeheartedly! Last time I went to the beach I swam in th ocean in my t-shirt and jeans, because I don't even own a bathing suit.. it's a "Don't want the world to see me like that" kind of thing.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #25  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

SHOPPING!!! When I was at my high weight, I was wearing sweatpants in the winter and boxer shorts in the summer. It was sooo depressing, because I love to shop, and I just plain could not, unless I went into the plus sizes, and that was too embarassing. I used to love hanging out in malls and trying stuff on, so when I was at my HW, everytime I had to go to a mall, I'd get depressed just looking at the clothing stores on my way by.

Now I buy clothes as a reward. It might sound lame, but I like shopping, and I am happier now that I can do it again.

Amanda -- That firepit idea is FUNNY. I bet you'll feel so satisfied!

Spillthebeans -- I, too, reward myself with new clothes every five pounds or so. After wearing something new and pretty, I don't want to re-gain and not be able to wear it anymore. I hope my goal-reward wardrobe will be a tool for maintenance.

Sarah -- Boxing sounds like so much fun. I want to get into martial arts, but like you, I want to improve my fitness level a little bit before I start. Maybe we should just do it? I'm nervous about looking silly in a class full of buff people.

FaeReverie -- Hey, putting aside money is a good idea. I'm going to start now.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #26  
All That's Left of Me

I take Jobe to the beach about 3 times a week (we have an annual pass, and it's only a 5 minute car ride). He loves going there, but I think it is truly damaging to what little self-esteem I have worked so hard to build. I'll go there feeling all great about how good I've been (and the recent drop in the scale that's left me at 192) and I'll walk in there wearing my baggy shirt and only pair of shorts (don't I sound like a transient) and immediately am ashamed. I feel like people are staring at me, wondering why I'm there and not sitting in a theatre somewhere shoving my face full of popcorn. I swear, I want to go in wearing a white shirt (preferably not see-through ) with big red letters saying "I have Hypothyroidism, and a raging case of PMS, so keep your skinny @ss away". The worst thing is seeing all those "genetically gifted" mommies there, baby in arm and three kids in tow, wearing a bikini and eating whatever their kids are eating from the food stand. I took Jobe a coupple days ago and we were just a few feet away from a woman who had three kids all between the ages of 2 and 7, and a newborn in her lap. She was wearing a little pink bikini and didn't even have a tummy pouch, all the while eating a hot dog, dorito's, and peanut m&m's. I sat there drinking my *tasty* V8, wondering why the genetic fairy saw fit to skip my mother's womb. ARGHHHH! And we're going to the beach again tomorrow...weather permitting.

Amanda
Old 08-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Amanda, be proud of how far you have come already! What I've realized is most people aren't worrying about how you look because they are too busy worrying about their own appearance. You never know...that woman could have adopted those children because she's unable to have any and THAT'S why she looks so good. Or she *could* be genetically gifted. Either way, you've got a beautiful son and are doing something great for yourself so don't worry about anyone else keep up the good work!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #28  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks Liz...I'm trying not to be so self-conscious, but the beach doesn't really help. You're doing awesome too girl. Look at how close you are to goal! How long have you been at it? And whatcha doin?

Amanda
Old 08-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I really like what jdoggmartin said about reaching the goal being the real reward. Still, I plan to celebrate reaching my goal weight by getting 2 tattoos - one for each of my children. They are a really, really big part of the reason I'm doing this. I want to be here long enough to meet THEIR grandchildren, I want to be able to play with them and have energy to chase them around without having to stop after only a couple of minutes. They're big-time inspiration for me, so it fits.

Plus, I love tattoos and it's something I've wanted to do for years!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote