Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #46  
Movin' and Losin'

YUM! All this talk of Sonic... I am in love with that place! One year (recently, sadly), I picked to eat at Sonic for my birthday. My dad kept asking if I was sure and telling me that I could really go anywhere I wanted, but I said Sonic was where I wanted to have my birthday meal! Ah... what could be better than a birthday meal consisting of a grilled cheese, tater tots, a strawberry limeade and a coconut cream pie shake? Delicious!

Ahem. Sorry about all that lusting over Sonic. As far as healthy eating goes, I have been doing fairly well this week. Could be better, but it could be much, much worse, too. And, I've finally been getting in all the water I need to. I just started making myself do it -- I was too lax about it before.

Hope you all have a very happy Hump Day!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 08-10-2005 at 12:51 PM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #47  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Sushi - Yum! I had those on the cruise I went on. I didn't know what they were called though. I love ethnic food..especially when it is fried.

Amber- Although it is good to stay with plan and stay motivated maybe you should learn from this if you're losing weight. Maybe that is your bodys way of telling you you should eating more. Sounds like a good lesson to me. But, I understand how frustrating it is to get stuck when you`re working so hard and then lose when you aren't trying hard at all.

Mmm... I'm still thinking about sonic. This thread is bad for me!

Anyway.. big news.. I jogged for 30minutes last night without stopping! I had only planned to do 22minutes, but I felt ok and so I kept going. I really surprised myself. In May I could only go for 15minutes without getting really really winded. My goal now is 35minutes by the end of August.

Also.. I got some Caramel Edy's slow-churned ice cream last night. Yummm. It was so good, although I wish I could have gotten a smaller size. I am always so tempted to just sit down in front of the tv with the whole carton. However, I practiced some self control and measured it out. Even my guy roommate who eats full-fat, full-calorie everything (without gaining a pound) said he really liked it too, so that is a vote from the non-dieting community too.

And! I bought stuff to make the Thai broccoli tonight. I'll let you guys know how it turns out, since I'm not really a big broccoli eater.

I weighed this morning and I'm only down 1.5lbs since 2 weeks ago. I love being part of online communities like this one, and my livejournal friends.. but I am kind of frustrated when I feel like I'm working as hard, if not harder, than others and still losing less weight. Some people in the livejournal communities are losing 5-10lbs a week without even working out. It isn't a plateau because I haven't ever lost weight quickly. Sorry, just venting.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #48  
Sara G.

So, over the last month I have been feeling somewhat fatigued. I even fell off track in July because of it. When it first started I felt fatigued all day long and I had a really hard time doing anything because I just didn't have the energy. Since I have started exercising regularly again I feel good most of the day, but it's the mornings I struggle with. I'm not just talking about being tired. When I wake up in the morning I really want to go back to sleep, but I have to literally drag myself out of bed. Then as soon as I sit up I feel really weak and fatigued and heart beat races. It takes me a good hour to feel normal and energized. So I went to the Dr. today and I am getting blood tests in the morning and I got a chest x ray today. I go back on Friday. Also, I was down another 8 pounds today. So far I have lost 23 all together.... but I'm really getting nervous right now that I might have something going on that is causing me to lose weight.... If that's the case I'm sure all my working out will just help it all the more.... but I'm nervous that if I am sick I will put the weight back on when they figure out what's wrong with me! I really have been working my A$$ off and eating better so I hope that all the weight loss is only a result of my hard work! Sorry, I had to put that out there. Thanks!

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #49  
Chuggin' along...

Happy hump day,

I am so glad I've never been to a Sonic right now. I've never been big on fast food (one of the very few food I can actually say that about!), so I'm not going to start Sonic-ing now.

I went running yesterday! I slathered up in bug spray and did it. It was for the first time in a week, and boy my lungs felt it. And I actually turned down ice cream this afternoon. I don't think I've ever, ever done that. I had just gotten back from lunch and was full, and just wasn't in the mood. It's amazing.

Yesterday I ate a bunch of peanut butter when I got home from work. I ate past being full, even though I knew I couldn't run being so full, and would have dinner later. It was ridiculous. It's not that I'm over my maintenance range "line" right now, it's the utter lack of control/compulsive eating that makes me angry with myself. I feel like I've been dealing with it for a year now and it hasn't gotten any better. Grrr.

Sara, this must be nerve-wracking for you. It sounds like you're doing exactly what you should - going to your doctor. When do you get your results? I hope they come back ok.

WastedThermos, first of all, what did I tell you about Edy's light? Sinfully delicious! I hear you on the slow weight loss. The weight I lost in the past year came off about 1/2 lb/wk...then a 0 loss week...then another 1/2. What helped me when reading forums where weight seemed to drip off others, etc. was thinking about how I *knew* that I what I was doing was healthy for ME. And when I thought about my alternatives I realized I wouldn't do it any differently. I wasn't going to start eating doughnuts for breakfast and pizza for dinner every day. I know it's tough, but hang in there. You are doing a FANTASTIC job.

Justforus, Edy's light does have a mint chocolate chip flavor...should I have told you that?

Christy, what a load to deal with. I hope you know that you've got support here.

Only 40 more minutes of work...

~Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #50  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Well ladies, I know some of you already saw my post in the Success Stories forum, but today is the one-year anniversary of my lifestyle change! Woohoo! I have managed to stay healthy for AN ENTIRE YEAR.

Megan -- I'm with you, I'm so glad I've never been to Sonic right now! They advertize on TV around here though and the commercials always make it look really good.

Sara -- Good luck, I hope it is nothing serious!

Lizzie -- I know how you feel about seeing other people lose so fast . . . I see some people post about how they lost 90 lbs in six months and crazy stuff like that, and here I am at 45 lost in a year. Obviously I have been losing a little less than a pound a week, but I think that that is the healthiest way to do it. Slow and steady wins the race! Maybe you could start a new LJ community for slower losers?

Christy, Beans, and Jill -- Now I feel so guilty because I have put off getting my teeth cleaned for way too long! I haven't found a dentist since moving to RI a year ago, and I was due to be cleaned back then. I have missed two cleanings, so it's been a year and a half since my last one! I'm afraid though because I have gone to the same dentist since I was a kid, and I can't go to him anymore (since he's on the other side of the country!), and I ALWAYS have cavities. This is the first time in my life I've gone so long without a cleaning!

Liz -- What can you cook with rhubarb other than rhubarb pie? I never bought any rhubarb because I thought if I made a pie it would be bad news!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #51  
All That's Left of Me

Hey all! Okay...I just had to sy something. As far as you ladies with unfilled cavities go...GET THOSE SUCKERS FILLED!!! I have had 2 root canals, the first one due to me putting off getting a cavity filled, and the second one due to doctor negligence. You may hate the dentist, but you'll hate the oral surgeon a lot worse, trust me! Oh and by the way, each root canal cost me $900 (no insurance, and no lawyer to sue the dentist for the negligence issue). Even with insurance root canals are EXPENSIVE. Head it off at the pass gals.

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #52  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Yikes Amanda!!! I never had ANY cavities until I got pregnant, and these will be my first fillings...I'm so scared!! But you're right, what can happen if they go unfilled will be A LOT worse! I DID set up my appointment today--September 26th. I'll be biting my nails 'til then...LOL

Sara~ I'm so glad you've seen a Dr! I'm sure everything will be fine...keep us posted!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #53  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hello all! Here is I, Super Fae, come to post! (In case you havent figured it out, I'm a little strange).

Today was an eh day for me... I woke up at 11, which is when my shift starts.. ick! Dragged mom out of bed and begged her for a ride, still got there late, but it was better than getting dressed, wealking for a half hour, getting changed, THEN punching in. And they let me go home early too, following which I spent $30 on things to make pitas with my sister.. mmm grilled chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning, lettuce, spinich, onions, cucumbers, and light ranch dressing (I dont care how much I weigh, I refuse to get fat free ranch.. and only the Hidden Valley Light ranch because it tastes soooo good!) So I was happy because I was insanely hungry (I never eat in the mornings.. bad habit) and there was no food in the house.. plus I got to cook with my sister, which is always an adventure. Messy though.. those tortillas I got flopped EVERYWHERE, and we both had stuff all over our faces *G*.

There's a sonic around here.. somewhere. I never ate there, but I think I've seen it before.

I think I'll take a nap, go to Walgreen's and see if I can get a not too expensive scale, do some crunches and stuff, then come back to my favorite addiction.. the internet! (Plus we have lots of pita stuff left over.. score!)
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #54  
Sara G.

Thank you for your comments, buddies. I go in to see my Dr. on Friday again, that's when he'll give me the results and order more tests if needed.

Fae- pitas sound soooo sooo good. I'm pretty hungary right now, just went for a long walk and I'm waiting for my parents to get home so I can join them for dinner. Oh how I love the internet! I feel incomplete if I can't check my email for some reason.... even though I hardly get anything worthwhile!

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #55  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Amanda -- I know it's important to have cavities filled right away! I actually don't have any that I know about right now, but it seems like every couple cleanings I end up having something filled. I guess it hasn't been that bad recently, but when I was a kid I had 14 cavities filled at once one time! Nowadays I take much better care of my teeth, so I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

I just realized though that I don't know how long my dad's dental insurance covers me. His health insurance only covers me until I'm 23 (i.e. one more month) but that's okay because I get health insurance through school. I don't have any dental except for his though . . . I guess I'd better check on that! If I'm not covered by him I'll either have to buy dental insurance through school (not too expensive, but not too good either), or try to see if I can get on my bf's insurance because I am his "domestic partner."
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #56  
Proud US Navy Wife

*sniff* Im sad! I got a scale and learned that I'm 210 *cringe* AND I found out my boyfriend's ship is leaving Sep. 1 and not the 8, so he wont be here for labor day! (He's trying to get next week off but STILL!)

Hug me...

On the bright side I resisted one of my major faults.. eating when Im bored! Go me!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #57  
All That's Left of Me

Fae - Sorry to hear about the "scale shock". Been there, done that...just don't let it get to you. Use it as extra incentive for pushing yourself a little harder, and maybe walking to work next time You'll do fine! As far as the bf situation goes, hang in there and get enough lovin's now to last you till he gets back. *HUG*

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:12 AM   #58  
Mikey's girl

Fae... HUGS! screw the scale, they are not nice, like most men.. or so I would like to believe.. Thursday ladies, are these weeks going byt faster and faster??
Paperclippy~ Insurance is crazy! it is sooo expensive, but I have some of mine through the state of mich, for makayla at least, but the GOOD stuff is hard to pay for!
On the cavities umm.. never had one before.. ((knock on wood)) BUT I HATE getting my teeth cleaned..
I need some new gym shoes, any suggestions?
Internet.... At work I LOVE IT! makes time pass by, but once I get home, I NEVER get online, because I am so busy with so much other stuff!
Good morning to everyone! Coffee time!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #59  

Happy Thursday! I was reading everyone's posts and here's a few things I wanted to add:

First of all, have you ever found yourself almost obsessed with food? Like me and my boyfriend ate a HUGE meal and then I just kept talking about other food and he's like, "Jenna we just ate can we not talk about more food now?" I feel like I can ALWAYS talk about food...

Sara G- I get fatigued too!!! What do you do for it? I usually just end up getting into bed and taking a nap. It's annoying, but I feel like my body is "mad at me" for making it try to lose weight. It's like saying to me, "Fine you don't want to give me that Sonic shake then I won't give you the energy to walk around and we'll be even."

Fae- I also caved and went on the scale today and I really thought that I had lost weight... it has been almost a month since I last checked and I was "feeling good" but when I got on the scale and long and behold I WAS THE SAME!!!! grr

Actually a story on that... so I got measured for my bridesmaid dress in the beginning of the summer, since then I have been working so hard and have lost a little bit of weight (maybe 10 pounds or something (?)) and when I got remeasured I was still the same size!!!! She said according to my hips and bust I could be smaller BUT the waist... oh that stupid waist keeps me at my old size. No matter what I do I can NOT lose my tummy. hmmm
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #60  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Justforus~I LOVE LOVE LOVE my New Balance sneakers! I never owned any until about 6 mos ago because I thought they looked kind of funny on my feet (I was an Adidas girl and was used to that little "spoiler" on the back)...but I only had about $50 to spend and found a style of New B's I could live with and WOW. They feel SOOO good and are so supportive! So, I vote New Balance for you!

Jenna~I know exactly what you mean...I feel like I've been obsessed with food my whole life! And I know what you mean about the tummy too--I barely have a waist. I put on a size 12 the other day and it fit hips and legs fine but I couldn't button. It's SOOO frustrating that we can't spot-reduce! LOL
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote