Old 08-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #46  

Paperclippy-Oh my goodness, that is some travelling! I am jealous of China. I do understand being worried more about eating/exercising than the "real" stuff. China should have good options. They don't have Americanized portions.

Jenna-vent all you want. I try not to tell my boyfriend about all of this weight related stuff because he is scared that I will become obsessed again. He wants me to be happy and healthy, I should be thankful. No clue on the boyfriend thing. We usually just buy something for "us". Either coffee mugs or something for the baby. Boring.

I forgot what everyone else wrote. I get sidetracked. Anyway, I was trying on my wedding dress yesterday with my new shoes. I ended up needing to get the dress altered (yay!). Well, I held up my daughter's dress to see how it looked with my dress (yup, I'm that girl) and apparently I thought about her enough to start leaking (I'm breastfeeding-TMI). Next thing I know, I'm standing in a puddle of milk in my new wedding dress with the tags still on.

So, not only do I need the dress altered, I need it dry cleaned. I was so mad. Now I'm just embarassed. Nothing like milk stains on a beautiful Ralph Lauren white dress!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #47  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Justforus: Thanks hon for taking care of that. You rock!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #48  
Mikey's girl

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!! 2 more days and the week is over!! We went grocery shopping last night, and ended up getting allll healthy food for myself. Mieks not a big healthy food eater at all... Allt hese yummy veggies and fruit and tons of LC!! WHHOHOO!!

Cookiemonster~ I would get a photo a really cute one and blow it up 8x10 and either put something on the photo, like YOu and me 2005 or something along those lines, or even get the frame engraved. Im a very very sentimental person. other then that.... hmm.... ????

Spillthebeans~ You're welcome!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #49  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Jenna - I always buy my boyfriend stuffed monkeys for anniversaries/birthdays/etc. It's kind of a tradition for us. I am a huge stuffed animal lover (my collection is mostly dogs), and the first year we were together for Valentine's Day I jokingly said "I'll buy you a stuffed ape," and I've been buying him stuffed apes and monkeys ever since! Other than that, I generally buy my bf books, ties, food, or things that he needs (shoelaces, socks, underwear) but is too lazy to buy for himself. I've also given him some framed pictures of me/us.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #50  

hey guys! well today is the BIG luncheone eech!! I am currently eating a snack of carrots... everyone in the office is like don't u have a magiannos lunch soon I just said I was too hungry to wait. I think I've narrowed it down to either a strap on chair massage cushion or a traveling toiletry bag with cologne inside for my boyfriend and my anniversary.

Wish me luck... I'll let u know how I do. I sooo don't want to binge. It's just hard because I am having my period so I feel heavy and gross already and could really use some comfot food... NO! BAD THINKING! I CAN DO THIS!!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #51  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Jenna! Let us know how it goes!

Meredith - thanks, it's nice to know I'm not crazy (or at least, I'm not the only one who's crazy! )
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #52  
seh435

Good luck with the luncheon! I'm sure you'll have good news to report back!
seh435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #53  

I was a success and a failure... the success was I didn't binge, but the failure was I didn't eat at all I was too worried and obsessed. I thought maybe there would be SOMETHING but first came ceasar and chopped salads (which had all of this dressing, avocado, cheese, bacon on it) then chicken parmesan, pizza, meat lasigna, and alfredo ravioli, and then cheesecake and bostom cream puffs... nothing i could possibly even try and be healthy with (so on our walk back i said i had to go to the bathroom and pickedu p some subway to bring back to my office).... I am happy but at the same time disappointed with myself that I can't handle a normal eating situation.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #54  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

What a clusterf!@# this week has been for my healthy lifestyle. I leave home at 7:15 and get home at 11:00 exhausted and ready to munch. I've been trying to cut up veggies and salads and bring them to work to snack on, but I'm raiding my "healthy" snack drawer at my desk too much and just plain overeating. I'm so scared of the scale right now. It would be too convenient to blame it all on period weight (though being bloated doesn't help my mood). Plus I'm under a lot of pressure at work right now. My boss wants me to analyze all of the hurricane water data we got to publish, on top of all my usual responsibilities. The only positive thing is that the BF has been taking me out to lunch every day and we both prefer the local deli, so I can get a perfectly healthy and tasty sandwich there, and this gives me a chance to see him sometime. The past 3 weeks are also the biggest slacking-off of working out I've done since I started nearly 1 year ago. I'm freaked out and scared right now. I don't want to gain this weight back. I can't.

I'm trying to remind myself of how much fun I'll be having once I'm dive certified, and this week is by far the worst/most intense class-wise.

Today has been better food-wise. I'm going to try and keep it that way. One day at a time, right? I'm so much better at giving advice about dealing with stress than taking it myself.

Jenna, how did the lunch go?

Paperclippy, take it one trip at a time. You might not have time for "structured" exercise but maybe you could go walk stairs on a 15-min. break, things like that.

Amber, welcome back! Your trip sounds great.

Thanks for listening to me vent. I feel like I'm going a little crazy this week.

~Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #55  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Jenna- Don't stress, it just takes time. I think you made a good decision even if you still have some learning to do!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #56  

Megan I totally know what you mean... I am scared to gain weight because I know how hard it is to take it off. Even though I didn't eat at this luncheon (my coworkers prolly think I have an eating disorder which I don't I mean I ended up grabbing Subway because I know better than to just not eat) but I still am not going to lose weight because I don't have much weight to lose to begin with, I just kept myself from gaining weight you know. If I lost some weight every once in a while maybe I would feel like it was worth it or something... oh well.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #57  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey guys.. i havent been posting much but i have been reading. everything is cool with me. still around the same weight 137-138 and maintaining is ... weird. but i'm getting used to it. i'm not the "perfect" maintainer, there are definitely some days when i just have coffee for breakfast and miss lunch because i'm so busy, but i'm really trying to eat the healthy stuff and often.

hey megan -- i think you are too aware of yourself and your habits to gain the weight back. don't be scared, the weight wont fly back on overnight. just keep up your healthy habits and you will do famously!!

jenna -- i wouldnt be too hard on yourself about not eating at the lunch. i dont think you should be hard on yourself, period.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #58  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss your funny posts. I'm glad that you are doing well, and that you have now graduated to ....MAINTAINER!!!! I can't wait to reach your level. Your my inspiration now! I noticed how much you were kicking butt at the gym and food choices...it's all paid off for you.
What's it like to be at goal weight? Is it scarey? kind of dumb question, but I imagine it could almost be stressful, but also I'm sure it's great when you walk in a room full of confidence because you know you look good!

I can tell I will be there soon, I'm really kicking butt at the gym, and getting on the SBD showed me how much I wasn't really eating right. So now that I am eating better and getting to the gym more I shouldn't be too far behind.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #59  
seh435

Jenna-
I don't think that you luncheon was a failure at all. It is all about baby steps with on going weight loss. The fact that you realized that the food being served was not healthy enough for your dieting standards is a MAJOR success. You have come to realize what good foods are opposed to empty calorie foods.
seh435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #60  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

hey all - i came back cause i was starting to overeat at home and i almost went back to the fridge when I decided i better check in and check myself.
I think thus it is great this site exists, so I can feel support when I need it.
I have not eaten too great, but in previous life i know i could have eaten more, so its getting better, only 6 more days of challenge.
Its like at home i don't like to go out anymroe cause I don't trust myself - so much easier to cook and manage myself at home.

so paperclippy i feel your pain - but you will be in china! that is awesome - u must try some real food though - i mean, how many times will u be in china?? (ok, if its a lot, then total control, if not...hehe - but thats the foodie snob in me talking)
bida is offline   Reply With Quote