Old 07-17-2005, 04:06 AM   #1  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Default depressed I think :)

ok - i haven't cheated (too much) or stopped excersizing or anything - but how do you stay motivated when you don't think things are going quickly enough - I mean I know its slow going - but it's soooo slow going - and I am getting slightly depressed. It is like every day I envision myself thin - or losing the next inch - and it gets me thru the day - but does not stop the depression of: "if only I were...." blahde blah blah.

does that make sense - I mean its very hard to take a day at a time. And i tell myself, come dec, if I stick to my plan - look where I will be. but its sooo hard! and its not like I want to give up - because I don't (esp because I see that I was thinner just a year and two years ago - and look how good i looked just like 10 or 15 pounds lighter) - I just can't face the fact that I have gained weight maybe?? I don't know. It is prob good I don't have a bottle of wine right now.

(and not having a boy(toy/friend) doesn't help right now)
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #2  
taking it 1 day at a time

Default Hang in there!

My mantra is one day at a time because that is what has gotten me to where I am now. I have even tried taking it one choice at a time and that has been successful for me. I think of them as "little victories"
I choose each day to work towards feeling and looking better. Some days are harder than others, but if you take them in even smaller pieces, like I choose to use small dumbells while watching tv so that I can do something I want to with something I don't. Hang in there, it is a slow and steady pace. It has taken me 10 months to lose 20+ pounds, even though my goal was to lose 50 by my 30th bday in Sept. When I had to go buy clothes in a smaller size, I was rewarded for all of my little choices (ie. cook at home, instead of fast food, or switching to Diet soda)
I hope this can be a little encouraging for you, you deserve to obtain your goals.
LSB
lawstudentblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

You can do it. I am on the motivation roller coaster. One day I'm like yeah I can do this, I'm doing it and then I'll be like oh my god, look at me, I'll never be where I want to be. Its very hard. You just can't give into the unmotivated days. My plan is so long, even if I lose a pound a week, its more than a year to go. but, I'd rather be moving slow, than gaining and I could easily just gain slowly for a year. SOme times I get so upset because i want to start buying the kind of clothes that still don't fit me and I want to be smaller already but, I know it will come. I know how hard it is to wait though, I can feel your pain.
You can do it. We all can do it and we have each other for support.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  
Mikey's girl

I understand how your feeling. Sometimes its like I dont want to get up and excercise, becaues whats the point. I read some peoples stories on here, and they are losing 50 pounds in like 3 months, so why cant I?? It kill sme soemtimes. I wish I had more time to work out, but with a 10 month old and working 60 + hours a week, it makes me just wanna scream and quite. But dont worry, we are all here for you. the scale wont move, but there has to be days where you are just generally in a better mood, and you dont even realize that it is from exercisoiing. All that seritom?? <spelling> building up is so good for you!! Hang on there girl!! ((((((((HUGS))))))))
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

bida! don't feel bad about slow weight loss...i have lost almost 40 lbs over the last THREE YEARS!!!! some people may think that is absolutely forever, but my slow weight loss (due to excercising more and listening to my body as to what food makes it feel good) means that i have never even begun to put back on the pounds that i lost. so even though it may take you a while, in the long run that is probably better! i hope you are feeling better!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

miss michelle--i am the same way as you. sure it wasn't quick and easy but i never yo-yo'ed up and down and that was more important to me in the long run. motivation will come and go but once your routine is down it is easy to make healthy choices the majority of the time.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 PM   #7  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

I do feel better today - but i think its cause i was finally on set - as opposed to spending too much alone time, in my house though I still feel sad about the weight loss - hey - at least it is coming off - and I can soo see the def in my arms which has not been there in months. the rockets are coming back or is it bullets...?

i know i know - didn't we always learn - slow and steady wins the race

ugh these 12/14 hour days are killing me too - and I still have to do another 2 hours of work at home!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote