Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #16  
KS pride-Seminole country

Ladies,

I have fallen off every wagon I ever jumped on. It's time to get back on, and there shouldn't be any excuses.

I did nothing productive over the holiday weekend, and haven't worked out since last Thursday. It makes me feel completely unbalanced and completely lose motivation to try again. But... I'm trying to start today.

I packed a gym bag for work today. There's a really nice gym in my office, so I can workout during lunch. However... I forgot a sports bra (dumb) so I have to run to Target during lunch and buy one, just to push back my workout until after work. Grrr...

I'm trying the low carb diet becaues 1) bread is my #1 diet killer and 2) I have been diagnosed with slight insulin resistance. My Dr. gave me metformin, but I've had trouble staying on it. But.. I've packed a good low carb lunch but added the yogurt and fruit. I hear those carbs are good for you (is that true?)

I'm reading everyone's post and trying to get myself motivated. I want to be in balance and be like you all! Getting back on the wagon and still enjoying life!

I think if I can make it through today, tomorrow shouldnt' be too bad. The toughest part is that I work at night at a pizza joint, and all they have to eat is pizza and salad. Luckily, the salads rock, but it's really hard to resist the pizza when I can eat whatever I want during the shift. But, I love the job.. and am usually running around so much I don't even get a chance to eat. Hopefully tonight will be one of those nights.

Okay, time to start the day. But I'm keeping up with you all all day!

Let's get skinny
Diamond7981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #17  
Mikey's girl

Congrats Jilly!!!!
Diamond ~ Dont' think of it as "falling off comepletly" think of it as .... hanging your little foot off for a couple of days..
This week is coming to an end!! uh o!! So quickly!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #18  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Rock on Jilly! Good for you!

I think a "good carb" would probably be fruit or veggies or whole grains, not white sugar or flour and any of the yummy things that that combination makes. Keep on keeping on Diamond - you can do it! We all have bad spots on occasion.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #19  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Ladies! Have a great day! Heartfelt sympathy to those in the London area today.

I think it's normal to have a few days that are off. We are only human. It takes a lot of power to jump back in though after a few days off, it's much easier to continue being lazy. So congrats to you for jumping back into the game!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #20  

Thanks everyone! The hard part on my side is that it's not a few days off, but about 6 months of really being off. I lost 25 pounds last year,and have gained back 13 of them as of this morning (yuck).

So, that's the tough part. I'm turning over that leaf now though!

And Jilly -- that's awesome. It's such a great feeling, right?! Keep on truckin!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Hi everyone,
my week has been going pretty well. Ihave gotten to the gym a lot and I have been eating well and I am not feeling fat which is always a good thing.

Jillybean, way to go I hope I have a good loss this week too. My tracker inmy sig has been stuck for like 3 weeks, I can't wait to change it.

I'm trying to think of my next weight goal, the first one was 10% that WW does and it was about 25 pounds, so my next one I might do another 10% or maybe breaking the 200 mark. How do you guys pick your goals. and what kind of rewards do you get. I ussually give my self little ones for every 10 pounds like a pedicure, or manicure or something. hmmm, just wondering.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #22  
Big-time loser

Hey-lo ladies! I'm just back from the salon - got a couple inches wacked off (hmmm... I wonder if I'm any lighter on the scale now...). I took some pictures in my mirror at home (DH is away, so I was solo for the photo shoot).
Attached Images
File Type: gif jen hair.gif (36.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: gif jen hair 2.gif (35.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-08-2005, 03:52 AM   #23  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

looks awesome jenicra.
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #24  

Good morning ladies!!
I'm immediately peeved b/c I just wrote this great post and then accidentally x'ed out of the internet and erased it! Grrr..

anyway, in a nutshell -- I didn't get to eat last night while working at the pizza place, so my salad for dinner is now my salad for lunch. My restaurant has the best salads, no croutons, and very low in carbs. I had to eat them b/c once I start eating pizza, there's no stopping me! Given, I'm starving now.. but I have some yogurt and eggs to hold me over (hopefully)

Jennie - If I were you, I would change up my goals to keep it interesting. Maybe try the 200 mark for your next one. Besdies, if you've already lost 10%, that means you've happily dropped over 20 pounds by now. So, if your next mark is only for 15, then it should (mentally) be a little easier. But still a great milestone! Let me konw what you decide on, I'm trying to get myself into a good goal over here also.

Jenicra - I can only see the outline of your head on this computer, but I think the hair looks great! I don't know about you, but I love getting my haircut. It's just one of life's simple pleasures. (although my hair never looks as good when I style it). Go out and sport the new hair with your new bod!

Happy Friday everyone.. it's the end of the corporate work week and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #25  
Mikey's girl

jenicra Cute hair cut! Once I reach my first goal Im getting my hair cut. I can't wait now. Makes me wanna go to the gym right now!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

jenicra--I don't know what it looked like before, but your hair looks awesome now!

I ended up with an 8-pound loss at TOPS last night Now I just have to keep my butt in gear and keep losing for the rest of the summer--I need to be able to fit into a roller coaster by Halloween! I actually don't even know if that will happen at 270 pounds. I haven't tried going on a roller coaster in years, but I'm hoping if I reach 250 (about another 40 pounds down from where I am now--that's an average 10 pounds a month), I'll be able to squeeeeeeeze myself in (hey, at least if I'm squeezed in that tightly, there's no chance of me falling out, right? ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #27  
Big-time loser

Thanks guys. I love getting haircuts too!

Jennie - I like Diamond's idea for switching up your goals. Maybe even a fitness goal or a pants size goal or something too.

Jilly - conrgrats on the big loss!

Any special plans for the weekend ladies?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #28  

I just got this quote in an email and I wanted to share! I love it... enjoy

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

-Unknown
Old 07-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

I like the quote, its good to keep positive. When I get upset at people I always try and remind my self that that I am losing my happyness.

I think I will do the 200 mark goal. I the last time I was under 200 was when I lost weight right after highschool. I was really big in highschool and lost for a year and got down to 175 for the first time since I was like 13. But obviously I have put it back on. the last time I lost a lot, I got to 204 and stoped. Oh why did I stop? Well I can't get mad about that, I just need to keep it up this time so breaking 200 will be a big thing for me!

good job on the loses, my WI in on sunday so I hope I will be able to join you all.
have a good weekend.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #30  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Diamond, thank you for sharing. I like that a lot!

Jenicra, cute hair cut!

Everyone have a great weekend! This weekend I plan to go grocery shopping and buy lots of good healthy choices so I will be stocked up for the upcoming week. My bf is out of town, so will spend the free time cleaning, working out, and dinner with mom!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote