Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default loseing my motivation

AHHHH!!! I need some help fast. I dont' want to slip up but I have become totally unmotivated. for the past 3 weeks or so I have been going through the motions but not really motivated to lose weight. Luckily I am realising this before I gain but I need to keep going. What do you guys do to stay motivated. I want so much to be thin but it is taking so long. Every couple of months I go through this, where I get down and just lose it. I can't remeber what I did the last time that really kicked my butt in gear but I need something.
I have lost 25 pounds (and its taken forever, about 6 months)which is good but I have another almost 70 more to lose. I feel like I will never get there. Everytime I look at my fat legs and jiggly tummy, I think what 25 pounds, where did it come off. I can't even see or feel a difference. It has to have come from somewhere but it took so long to lose it, I think I have forgotten along the way.
any ideas what to do what have you all done? I am not satisfied with staying the same but I feel like I can't make it.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Even when I was at my lowest, with nearly 100 lbs. lost, there were a lot of days that I just couldn't see it, especially when I'm naked. You're going to lose motivation, we all do, it's just a matter or trying to recapture it by plugging along. "The Zone" feels great, but if you keep up your healthy habits even when you're not there, you will lose. It's not easy, we all struggle with it, but you can do it. Keep up the good work!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:43 AM   #3  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Im also losing a bit of steam - but I am starting to realize this may be the trend and why I could never lose weight before - perhaps I give up after a month. I weigh in for the first time in a month since I started on June 6th, and I am hoping this will get me motivated some more.

and its so hard, the slowness of it all, like you just wanna be at your goal when you wake up its soo hard. but think how long it took you to get where you were (6 months ago) it wasn't 6 months, but years and years. So just be patient, and you'll be gold. look how far you've gotten already - I would love to lose 25 pounds. I have no idea what it would feel like. I think the most I have ever gone down is like 10 pounds, so I admire you! keep up the good work!

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #4  

I know what you mean. Losing weight is really HARD sometimes. But think about where you were. Take out some old pictures and be glad you're getting further and further from being that overweight person. Think of how much that 26 pounds has relieved your heart and joints, think about how far you've come!! (It is far!) and how far you're about to go! you're closer than you think! Dont give up now, you've got the formula for success you just have to run with it!

You can do it, you've done so well so far!!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

thanks gals, I'm trying, today is a new day right??? I did over eat a little yesterday, not to bad but I'm back on track. I've stayed the same for the past 2 weeks so that is a reason I'm a little down. but I don't want it to lead to giving up. I woke up and did my aerobic and my pilates. so I'm feeling good.

One of my big problems is that when I look for pictures, I find some of when I was larger but I also find some of when I was smaller. About 3 summers ago, I was on WW and I had gotten to my low of 204 when I gave up and then the weight camem back on. slowly at first, I was 215 for about 2 years then last fall, I blew up and got up to my starting weight this time of 241. ahhhh...so its like I'm doing it again and again and again. I realy want to make it its just this lifetime struggle that I don't know if I'll ever over come it.

I really wanted to make it down to 204 this summer. I still can its only about 10 pounds away. I think I am going to set up a routine to really get my butt back in gear and start losing. I'm gonna do it, its just really hard work to keep my self motivated and ingaged in the process.

thanks for the motivation and give me some more ideas if you've have any!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote