Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #46  
Mikey's girl

OK end of week 2 is here.. how is everyone doing??? I could be doing much better myself, but working 70 + hours a week is killing me!!! no excuses!!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM   #47  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Trying to stay motivated...
Jumped on the scale, but I know that shouldn't deter me.
I'm not giving up! So far still at a standstill with 170
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Doing OK had a slip up with food, then a slip up with excercise but back on track with both now. Breakfast is becoming easier to remember almost a habit. And the smaller portions are starting to fill me up.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Well I did not accomplish any of my goals, but I was pretty good (compare to how I was doing). I only did 3 days cardio and 1 strength training day and I drank way more than 4 drinks!! I also went a little over 1400 calories a few days. I did lose 2lbs this week though so I'm happy.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzbabe
I'm a little late but here are mine...

My July Goals:
1) Not to eat any goodies from co-workers. This includes the basket of chocolate right by the door! Plan: Pack my own snacks/eat lunch at home
2) Pilates at least twice a week since I've slacked off on that Plan: Every Sunday morning and one evening during week
3) Run 5k in under 25 minutes. Plan:Continue running program from book using pace runs, tempo runs and long runs
4) Get weight under 150 by end of the month. Plan: Continue to exercise everyday and strength train 4x per week, eat healthily
5) Drink only light beer at bars (no mixed drinks). If we drink at home, I'm allowed wine or vodka and diet rockstar as a treat.
6) No fried foods/regular soda. Plan: Since I don't normally order these for myself this means no sips or bites from boyfriend's plate.
So far so good....I was so so sooo tempted to grab a mini Twix bar on the way out of work today because lunch was wicked rushed but I said no because I knew I had written here that I wouldn't. I have been doing the pilates and that is helping me limber up. Also have added more cardio in the evenings after work to keep me from devouring the contents of the cupboards as soon as I get home. I had one glass of wine the other night at the bar and nothing else so far. NO regular soda (even though Mark's been drinking the cherry coke and teasing me) and no fried foods.

July's halfway over...how are you guys all doing?
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

- really, really make sure to stick to my calorie guidelines. I'm having trouble doing that this week (because my darn scale won't move).
in general I've done pretty good with this so far. Made a stupid mistake with the nutritional info of a sweet treat yesterday, and had one little chocolate binge, but in general I'm happy. I've lost 8 pounds so far this month, which is amazing to me. I guess my body is making up for that plateau I was on.

-1500 minutes of exercise - about 4-5 days a week.
So far so good. I've done a couple of 2-hour exercise sessions and I'm up to 820 minutes so far this month. I may not quite reach 1500, but I'll be pretty darn close.

-lose 10 lbs which as of today would mean getting to 212 by August 1st. I think I can do that too, if my scale ever starts moving again.
Pretty sure that's going to happen, since I'm already at 214.

-120 oz of water per day.
Has not been a challenge. It's SO hot outside here right now!

edited to add:
- NO MORE SODA. This is a big one for me, it's a habit I really need to kick.
Not doing so hot on this one. I've definitely cut back but I'm still giving in 1-2 times a week, which isn't good.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:59 AM   #52  

Ok so I've had two lapses: drank a margarita the other night (though I DID use low cal margarita mix so it wasn't terrible) and had a Dr Pepper ice cream float yesterday. But we were in Dublin, TX at the DP factory where they use the old fashioned soda jerks and everything (no diet) so I just savored it. I did go for a chicken fajita salad at lunch instead of fried mexican food so that was a plus.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #53  
Mikey's girl

End Of Week 3... Hope Everyone Is Doing Well!!! Im Sure Not...
Old 07-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #54  
Living the Laguna life...

hi everyone!
i have been doing ok, 4 lbs to go to break the 150s. hopefully i can make it in the next 9 days (eep!) ok well i'll go for as close as i can get! i am particularly worried because i am going to atlanta for 6 days for a week of training sure to be filled with dinners at restaurants, breakfasts of scones and danishes, and lots and lots of coffee! hopefully there will be lots of healthy options, and i really want to prove to myself that i have the willpower to say no to all those free goodies. if i am going to lose weight and keep it off, i am going to have to have lots of self control when i start working!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #55  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm down 2 lbs, but would like to see the last 3 go to make goal...but not sure if 3 in a little over a week is possible or really healthy. I will just do my best to finish strong!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #56  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I think I met my weight goal today, but I don't remember if when I posted originally I was 145 or 144!

As for my other goals . . . I've been working out 5 days a week most weeks, but I have slacked a little (especially when I'm sore from a previous workout!). I haven't run a timed mile in weeks, maybe I'll do that Friday and see how I'm doing on that goal. I also haven't timed my 5K lately, but I don't think it's anywhere near 36 minutes, I think I'm still at 39. I *do* think I ran 5 miles that one day during vacation when my bf and were out for an hour and 45 minutes. Yay! Haven't tried a push-up lately either, but I know my muscles are getting stronger. Maybe I will try this one tonight.

How is everyone else doing? Only a few days left!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #57  

I think I've done pretty well with my goals this month. I did make it below 150 (149) and have not TOUCHED any candy from the basket at work. I have been consistent with my 30 min Cardio Pilates DVD and love the stretching. I haven't timed a practice 5-k so not sure about that one but my friend and I did a slow run in 30 minutes so if I pushed myself...maybe 25? I splurged once or twice on drinking and chips (fried) but for the most part, I behaved myself. Even at my birthday dinner I got a double portion of steamed veggies instead of fries/mashed potatoes. I've eaten far too much ice cream in the last week however but I'm trying to give it away. Not sure if I mentioned it but I had won a contest with Edy's/Dreyer's for 12 cartons of their new slow-churned ice cream. It's torture having the freezer full!! Hope everyone else is doing well.

<<My July Goals:
1) Not to eat any goodies from co-workers. This includes the basket of chocolate right by the door! Plan: Pack my own snacks/eat lunch at home
2) Pilates at least twice a week since I've slacked off on that Plan: Every Sunday morning and one evening during week
3) Run 5k in under 25 minutes. Plan:Continue running program from book using pace runs, tempo runs and long runs
4) Get weight under 150 by end of the month. Plan: Continue to exercise everyday and strength train 4x per week, eat healthily
5) Drink only light beer at bars (no mixed drinks). If we drink at home, I'm allowed wine or vodka and diet rockstar as a treat.
6) No fried foods/regular soda. Plan: Since I don't normally order these for myself this means no sips or bites from boyfriend's plate.>>
Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #58  
Mikey's girl

Coming To An End Ladies!!!! How Are We Doing?? Good I Hope!!! Keep On Truckin!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Let's just say I didn't get close to ANY of my goals. Hopefully in August I do better. I've been using having a cousin come stay with me for a while and having a friend come visit as an excuse to eat whatever I want.
BAD BAD BAD! But today is a new day right? I did go grocery shopping and am going to try my darndest to stick close to the South Beach Diet for a while. I'll do anything to get rid of this gross bloated feeling. I won't weigh myself until next week because I know I've gained and it will just depress me and make me wanna eat!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:40 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'm just following up to see how I did with my goals for July:

- really, really make sure to stick to my calorie guidelines.
In general I did well. Had some bad days, but I'm much more determined and I feel good about the past month.

-1500 minutes of exercise
1510 minutes as of right now, and I still plan to do a little more tomorrow. Goal Achieved!

lose 10 lbs which as of today would mean getting to 212 by August 1st.
I was at 211 this morning. Goal Achieved!

-120 oz of water per day.
very easy in this heat. Achieved!

- NO MORE SODA.
failed failed failed. That's all there is to it.

Not to bad, overall.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote