Old 06-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Smile Weekly Chat 6/20-6/26

Good Morning ladies!

I hope everyone had a good weekend & wishing you a great week

I just got back some photos from a few weekends ago. They are of me and some friends and can we say huge arm....The upper arm is just huge!!!!
I'm mortified! Not happy right now.
I will be going to the gym tonight...darnit!!!!! and working arms

Let's have some more losers this week! Only two weeks left of June! Tomm is the first day of summer! Wow!

Last edited by spillthebeans; 06-20-2005 at 02:46 PM.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #2  

I went to the beach yesterday and was feeling pretty good, until I saw the pictures from our outing. Eeek! At least my daughter looked great in the pics! Also, she loved her first time in the river.

My good news is that I bought my wedding dress on Saturday. I found the perfect dress and it looked good on my frame. There are definately some lumps that need smoothed out and some wobbly bits to shrink, but I was looking A-OK! My goal is 12 pounds by my September 3rd wedding. I have been losing a pound a week for several months now. It would be nice to need to get my dress taken in though.

Hope everyone has some success this week. I weigh in Tuesday mornings, so hopefully I can post a loss tomorrow.

My Kate at the beach. I have no idea how to post a picture, here's a link.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v625/s...ics6-20014.jpg
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, all!

I'm eating my salad at my desk so I don't have to clock out for lunch, but sssshhh, don't tell my boss that I'm not actually working Well, I think of weight loss as work, and being on these boards is part of my weight loss program, so maybe I really am working

Anyway...Jeff and I will be leaving around 2am tonight (tomorrow morning technically, I guess). We're driving to Georgia to visit his aunt and uncle--with traffic and gas/food stops, I figure it'll take about 12 hours (10 hours, 33 minutes per Mapquest), give or take. Sounds like some hard-core quality talking time with Jeff. After all, it's not lik he'll be able to run away

I need to stop looking at apartments in Alexandria. I keep finding things I like that are private rentals (like someone renting out their condo or the apartment over their garage, etc.), and I know they will be gone by the time we are ready to move in October. I absolutely fell in LOVE with one place, but there's no way we could afford to pay for my current rent plus a new place, so I need to stop looking until we're ready to move! Just seems when I get bored that my browser automatically wanders over to realtor.com...

Well, bout an hour and a half left of work, then off to Georgia for the rest of the week! Well, first I have to go home and pack and iron and clean and take out the trash and...but you get the idea Have a great week and weekend, everyone!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

OH, and Meredith, your daughter is ADORABLE!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:56 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! I hope everyone's week is going well so far!

Beans -- I know what you mean about the arm -- I saw this picture of myself from months ago, where I was turned to the side, and OMG I swear (not even exaggerating) my arm was wider than my head. That really freaked me out. It's gotten smaller since then, but I still have that granny flab hanging around!

Meredith -- that's awesome that you bought a wedding dress! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! And like Jill said, your daughter is adorable!

Jill -- Wow, leaving at 2am sounds rough to me! I'd be asleep before we even got in the car. Have a safe trip!

A bird just landed on the ledge outside my office window (I'm on the 5th floor). So cute! I'm getting mentally ready for my "vacation" in a couple weeks to Indiana . . . It will be a vacation because I don't have to work, but I will need to be on my best behavior because we're visiting my bf's parents! I know that my bf's mom will be turning on the pressure on him to propose to me sometime soon -- last year when we visited, she introduced me to someone as "my future daughter-in-law, God willing!" She's hilarious though, she also sent him a book about "how to keep your love alive" and another book about "100 questions to ask yourself before you say I do." My parents are starting to turn on the pressure too -- my dad said I should threaten to move out and start dating other people if he doesn't propose. I guess it's not surprising, we've been together almost 5 years and living together for almost a year. I know he's saving up for a ring right now, so I know it's coming sometime soon!

Anyway, sorry to ramble . . . I'm just thinking that I'd better try to lose a couple more pounds before the trip, so that (a) his mom will think I look good, and (b) I will have a buffer zone for the weight I am going to gain eating lots of junk food while I'm there. I'm kind of worried about missing out on my workouts though. I usually run, but I know the weather in Indianapolis will be hotter and more humid than here in Providence, and I don't know if I can handle running in that sort of weather.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #6  
On My Way...

Meredeth - Your daughter is so adorable! I am getting married next year (July 8th).!
jkg0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jill: have a great trip!

Meredith: pretty baby!

Papperclippynly a couple more weeks and you'll be on vacation...I'm jealous! I need one!

Happy Hump day girls!!!!!!!!!

Things are getting better...I met with my trainer and we have a plan now to combat the ugly big non tone arms. I feel better now, plus I'm half way through the week, haven't gotten of course food- wise or exercise- wise I'm OP! and that's always good.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #8  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hello everybody!!! I'm ba-ack! And I am officially a resident of Washington, ending my second week of summer classes at the University of Idaho. All of our stuff is moved in and set up, so we're all settled in now. We've had internet since Tuesday, but I've just been browsing 3FC really briefly. I've "finished" my eating disorder treatment, my last day was last Friday. I'm ready to move back into weight loss mode and am feeling a lot more in control of what I eat. My first goal is to get back down to virgin pounds. I've gained quite a bit in the last 3 or so months, so I've got a ways to go, but I know at least a bit of it will be water weight.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #9  
slow and steady

Welcome back Jenicra!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #10  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

This board has been quiet this week. Or maaaybe I just have too much time on my hands to check it. I hope everyone is having fun and staying cool somewhere!!!

I think I use this site to stay busy at home to avoid the kitchen and at work to avoid the sweets. It works! I've been really pushing myself in my workouts and eating moderately for three weeks and the strangest thing has happened.. I weigh a few pounds less, my clothes are fitting better, I feel great but I am looking chubbier.
I know this is all crazy mental-stuff, and not reality. It is so hard not to expect to look in the mirror and see a buff person after a few good work outs!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #11  
slow and steady

I know what you mean Lizzie, I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and was shocked at how much flab I had on my upper arm. I was like, OMG, where did THAT come from?? Then I realized that I used to have about twice that much. Oops!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #12  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

The building work in has huge windows into TV studios that are always dark and so they really kind of act as mirrors. I think it was once I started working here that I really had to look at myself.

I realized that all those years even though I knew I was big, I had tricked myself into thinking that I carried my weight in all the "good places." It wasn't until I started walking up and down the hall that I realized I am not a 'light' 215lbs (is there such a thing?) like I thought I was.

I am only amused by this now because I am slowly becoming less wide, but looking at the side veiw of myself (arms, tummy ... back fat! ) is a good reminder that 215lbs only looks light if you`re 6'0.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

Wastedthermos: I know what you mean, exactly. For a long time I didn't realize how big I had gotten, I always thought I looked cute, yet, I knew thes sizes were getting bigger, and it was getting more and more frustrating trying on things in my closet, yet, my mind continued to say, you look fine, then, people would always say, you carry your weight well...whatever the heck that means....I'm glad our heads are coming out of that fog before we started having health issues like high bp, etc. But, it's an ongoing battle still, I deal with it now, I know I've lost lots of weight and am now in better shape than I've ever been, I agree with whomever said, it takes awhile to re train your brain. I'm happy that we aren't still in the fog! (is fog denial?)

Jenicra: Glad to hear that the move went smoothly and you are all situated in your new place. Congratulations on completing treatment! You are awesome!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!!! Any big plans this weekend?
I would like to go ck out the new Bewitched movie, maybe I can talk my bf into going.....or not
Old 06-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #14  
On My Way...

I have a pug walk tomorrow. It's a mile walk through th ebotanical gardens with my pug, fiance and daughter. It should be fun (if we can tolerate the 90 degree + heat toppped with humidity...YUCK!

Other than that, I think the rest of the weekend looks pretty low key. We'll probably go to the pond to go swimming a couple of times. It's gonna be HOT HOT HOT!
jkg0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #15  
slow and steady

Spill, I want to see Bewitched too! But I doubt I can talk my bf into it. We did go see Batman Begins last weekend (I am a big Batman fan), which was great! And, let me just add, that I think the best thing in the movie was Dr. Crane. Perfectly creepy. And he was hot too, that never hurts!

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow morning, which I'm excited about . . . it's been about 4 months since my last haircut, and I really need one! I would have gone a couple weeks ago, but I had a mole removed from the top of my head, so I had stitches, and they had to cut off some of my hair and stuff. Now I think it's healed enough to go get my hair cut (they took the stitches out last Friday, and I'm hoping they can do something to conceal the little hairs sticking up where they had to cut them off!

Other than that, no weekend plans here. We might try to get together with some friends who live up near Boston, but nothing is set yet. I hope the rest of you have exciting plans!