Old 06-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default great jeans!

Hi, I just bought some jeans last night at Target, they are levi's stretch, low rise and they are so nice. I think some one else mentioned them here.
I have such a hard time with jeans, just becasue I am a size 16, (even when I was 18 or 20) doesn't mean I want to wear "mom" jeans. I know you all know the kind, high waisted, makes your stomach look so bad, and makes your butt look flat.

I HATE those high waisted "mom" jeans that most plus size pants are. I have really big hips and butt, but not much of a stomach and small waist so it has allways been so hard to find jeans. I was buying a low rise(and I don't mean really low, just not up past my belly button) from Lane Bryant but they discontinued them, those *******s. But, now I have found someting to replace them and they are so much cheaper.

Yeah, Target and Levi's!!!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

that's fantastic!! you are soo funny, "those *******s!"

i have the worst time with jeans because i have big hips and short legs so jeans are usually soooooo long on me that they look ridiculous. also, often low rise don't fit because i can't get them over my hips (eek). i also don't really care for stretch jeans unless they are 1% and no more than that. More than that and the jeans look like they are a second skin on me (flattering?? not so much!).

the most joyous and wonderful feeling in the world is to find jeans that are perfect for you. i found mine at Lucky... they are 100% cotton, low rise (THAT FIT ME!!), AND they come in 3 lengths so I can buy the "regular" length and they are perfect!

let us rejoice is finding jeans that we love!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Old Navy sells some nice jeans too...I love my size 16s although they are getting a bit big on me
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #4  

Glad you found a great pair of jeans! It really is a blessing to find a good fit!

For me I have small thighs but a big butt and stomache so it's always been difficult for me to find jeans- however whatever measurements or model The Gap uses for their 14 regular fit is my body twin- those jeans fit like a DREAM! (of course they fall apart after three washes, but still the fit is unbelieveable)
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #5  
Chubbles

yes! Those are the jeans I wear! I LOVE them!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  
Chubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastsurreal
yes! Those are the jeans I wear! I LOVE them!
oh yeah I forgot to add, the levi's from target aren't super stretchy or anything...they just have a tiny bit of stretch to make them comfy...so it doesn't feel like youre wearing some really restricting jeans or anything! I reccommend you ALL go try on a pair! I'm serious they are the best jeans ever! And I have a large butt and hips, a bit of a gut, and thick thighs...they seem to fit most body types really well
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I think everyone has jeans issues and it is so rewarding to finally find some that fit "just right" (like goldilocks haha). I have big thighs but a small waist and butt PLUS a long torso and short legs so I'm still looking for that elusive pair that make me say "WAHOO!" Until then I just buy ones that look semi-okay and hope they don't start sagging in the butt area.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #8  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I love those jeans! I have 2 pair that I've worn out! They fit in all the right places. I want another pair, but I'm waiting until I can wear a 14.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Cool! I'll look for these next time I'm in need of jeans. Thanks
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'm jealous. I'm 6 feet tall and it's impossible to find nice jeans that have a long enough inseam. I've had the best luck with Venezia (Lane Bryant) stretch flare-leg jeans. They have a lower rise (just below the belly button) so they're not those awful mom jeans. I hate those too, and I AM a mom! It's so hard to find jeans that are long enough though. I'm looking forward to being thin enough to just buy men's Levis again. I looked sexy in the low-rise bootcuts. I can't wait to be able to wear those jeans again!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I feel your pain Grayeye and i'm no where near 6 feet. so many times, my pants are high waters and I'm only 5'8" I can't imagine how hard it is to be any taller. Thats another thing I think of when I think of "mom" jeans is the high water effect. My mom's are always hicked up so high on her waist that her ankles show. ahhhh, we have made jokes of her all our lives for that one but she will never change.
I'm a mom too, we should start a club, Mom's against Mom jeans!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #12  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Gray eyed girl -- Express carries jeans with very long inseams, and they're really nice, but they are expensive. If you have the money though, I know that they're very popular with taller women. I have the opposite problem -- jeans are always hanging a few inches past the bottom of my feet!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Also for tall girls: I heard that the "Tall" length in Lerner/NY&Co jeans works really well (from a friend who is 5'11 1/2 haha she won't admit to being 6'!) Alas I am 5'8'' and sometimes need to wear petite inseams because I am all torso and no legs.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #14  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Haha, I have the exact opposite problem of most of the people on this thread... I'm short, so every pair of jeans I try on will drag on the floor.

Anyway, I had a problem recently finding jeans that fit... I have big thighs and butt, but a small waist and hips, so I am about 2 sizes bigger in my butt than I am at the waist. The result? Jeans that fit great in the butt, but are way too loose at the waist. For a while, I bought jeans like this and just wore a belt, but then I started shopping at places where they carried jeans for girls with a "ghetto booty"... JLo Jeans cater to this exact body type, as do a lot of brands carried at places like Joyce Leslie and, to my delight and the delight of my wallet, Marshalls. Ahhh, how I love Marshall's. Guess also makes a few stretch-style jeans that work for big butts and little waists.
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:26 PM   #15  

The Long and Lean jeans from the Gap are my favorites. They come in 30, 33, 36, and 38 inch inseams, so my tall friends have found them to be long enough.

The only problem is that they run REALLY big and the stretch ones stretch out quite a bit. I went down a size from my usual jeans size, but they are super comfortable and very cute.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote