Old 06-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Smile Weekly Chat 6/13-6/19

Morning Ladies,

Here we go it's Monday, time to start the week off fresh! So forget if you messed up some this weekend, it's a new day, Let's do this!!

How will you reward yourself this week if you stay OP?

I plan on treating myself to something new for my wardrobe.

Don't forget Father's Day is coming up on Sunday, for ladies that have father's far away, get those cards in the mail!

Have a great day!

Last edited by spillthebeans; 06-13-2005 at 11:48 AM.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm planning on making a stop at Old Navy sometime this weekend to see if I'm a size 8 yet! I probably won't buy anything though, I just want to try it on.

I've got to be really good the next couple weeks to prepare for my trip to Indiana to see my bf's family! I just know that while I'm there I will be eating nothing but pie (his mom and grandmother make the BEST pies), so I'm trying to give myself a little bit of a buffer zone in case I gain during the week I'm there! Also, last time they saw me was at my highest weight, so I want to make sure I look way better than that!

The weather has been NASTY the past couple days . . . it was super-hot and super-humid. The humidity really gets to me, especially since I grew up in a dry climate. I feel so gross after being outside for like two minutes! That and putting on sunscreen feels gross when I'm already sweaty. We've started driving to places we'd usually walk because the car has AC!

How's everyone else doing? Keeping cool in the summer heat?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

UGH, I agree about the summer heat--entirely too humid! Jeff and I went to play miniature golf on Saturdaynight. We waited till it was dark--about 10pm--because we thought it might be cooler with the sun down. Silly us We were still dripping sweat, and it's not like mini golf is an aerobic activity!

Reward myself? Well, every Friday night, Jeff takes me out to dinner. That is sort of a reward, I guess. That's the only time I allow myself to eat out (except on Thursday night after my TOPS meeting I get a Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub with no cheese, but that's still within my calories for the day), so I can count it as a reward.

I need to do REALLY well this week (well, I always need to do well, but I REALLY want to get below 290!). I am eating lots of fruit, which is not only taking the place of higher-calorie foods, but is also helping to keep me hydrated. I have 5.5 pounds to lose to hit 290, so I'm thinking if I work super hard, I can hit it in 2 weeks. Did I tell ya'll what I did as motivation for the summer? Well, here it is...

I bought 2 tickets to Kings Dominion (amusement park in Virginia, for those of you who live nowhere near). Right now, I don't think there's a chance I could fit in the restraints on a ride. Years ago, I went to a Six Flags and almost had to get off a roller coaster because I couldn't fasten the latch on the restraint (I would have been mortified, but I finally got it to connect). I haven't been to a theme park since. However, I LOVE roller coasters, and I would just about give my right arm to be able to go on them again, so that is my motivation. I bought the tickets, so I need to be able to use them by October 31 this fall (the end of the 2005 season). I am determined, damm!t!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, afternoon I'm happy to say I have been doing really well. I usually eat fast food on the weekend at least once on the weekend, but not this weekend. For being good this weekend I rewarded myself with some healthy choice ice cream It's weird, it hasn't really been that hot here lately. It must be the "June Gloom". This week is going to be a busy one, I can feel it. I still have more packing to do...but I've got a couple weeks for that. It will be a little extra exercise

Clippy~Oh yum! My mom makes an awesome apple pie. Have a bite for me

Jilly~ That's good motivation! I can't wait to hear about how much fun you had on the rollercoasters

Beans~Thank you for reminding me to send my card off I hope you find the perfect addition for your wardrobe!
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #5  
the faux to be famous

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'8"

Never in my 23 years of existence have I ever experienced heat like this! If anyone lives in Southern Ontario, around Toronto, you know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry, 40 degrees (celsius...not sure what that is farenheit) is just EXCESSIVE. I even came to work on a Sunday to get away from the heat and into a nice air conditioned office. Sheesh. Sleeping is the most painful thing, and packing to move makes me sweat (errr, glisten) worse than what I do when I work out!

Sorry, just had to get that out...this crazy shenanigans needs to end!

The only bad thing I did this weekend was drink two cokes (non-diet...ewww). I needed caffine like there was no tomorrow, so I hit up the good old vending machine for some coke. Other than that, it was way too hot to eat so I basically drank water and ate pasta salad (I got the recipe off of here somewhere...). Not too bad!

Hey Jill, love the goal. I have only been on a rollercoaster once and was nervous that I wouldn't fit (although I barely did), so I know exactly what you're talking about! I'm confident you'll make that goal WAY before October 31st!
hexagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I hear our weather is supposed to get a little better later this week . . . it got up to 90 yesterday! The humidity has really been killing me, I hate being sweaty. OTOH, I have to bring a jacket to school with me because my office is SO COLD thanks to overkill on the air conditioning!

I had something crazy happen this morning . . . I stepped on the scale, and it said 146! A few days ago it was at 148. I'm not recording 146 as official yet (want to make sure it still says that two days from now) but I was shocked! I didn't eat too great yesterday, but maybe adding the extra day of exercise is exactly what I needed. I might make my summer challenge goal (145 by June 21) after all! And it brings me one step closer to being in the "healthy" BMI range (145 is the top end).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:57 AM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

yay paperclippy! that's fantastic. isn't it weird to to get into the "healthy" BMI range? I always think of myself as overweight even though I am technically not.

jilly - you WILL do it... and have a great time on those roller coasters. i love roller coasters too, i love sitting in the very front, weeeeee!

i was pretty bad, eating wise, this weekend (well just Sunday) -- i won't go into details, but it wasn't pretty.

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...catId=cat73384

today i am wearing this dress (i have a cardigan over it to make it more work appropriate) in pink and it's.... a size 4! incredible. i just think to myself, ok, THIS is why i have to stay on track, THIS feels really good, ice cream sandwiches do NOT feel this good.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Just remember with all this heat going around that we are sweating alot girls so drink plenty of extra water.

Megan- Size 4! Woo Hoo! That's awesome! Just knowing you can fit into a size smaller, or your goal size, is reward in itself without even having to buy the clothes.

Paperclippy- Good thinking to plan ahead for a situation like that. Keep up the good work. And remember, they (BF's Mom and Grandma) probably have trouble with keeping weight off also (what with all those pies around) they will hopefully understand your efforts and be as impressed as we are.

Jill- When are you planning on going to the park? That is a great motivator/reward. Keep up the excercise. It will help you lose inches and make it easier to spend an entire day walking (Whew tired thinking about it).

As for myself, DH and I are going to a wedding in just over a month and I will be seeing a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time. I am hoping to lose 10 lb before then. Unfortunately after a week long vacation and then a weekend with the in-laws I have had about a 5 lb set back so 10lb will get me just into the 150's. Still over 20 lbs lighter then when all those people saw me last.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #9  

HI ladies,

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Paperclippy, have a good trip! I live in Indiana and it's been HOT and HUMID here too. It's supposed to cool down though but I never believe those weather men.

I've had a bad week. First I was sick last week, so my exercise is all thrown off and I'm just slowly getting back on track. And now I can't stop snacking! I haven't gone nutso any day but have been between 1800 and 2000 a day as opposed to my 1600 limit. I was down to 169 and I'm back up to almost 172. I knew as soon as I re-hydrated it would go back up though. I WILL do better today. I WILL eat more fruits and dairy. I WILL get my water in (i've actually been good about that). And I WILL do ALL of my exercise today! I Will NOT snack my way into oblivion.
We are going to a birthday party for my hubby's Grandma in Utah at the end of July and I NEED to be in the mid to low 160s by then (Ok, I don't need it but I want to realy really badly *smile*)
The family hasn't seen me since I was 195 and I want to lose enough that they'll notice. I want to lose weight for me but I also want to do it because my SIL is such a jerk. Everyone in my husband's family is overweight (my hubby, his 2 brothers and wives and my in-laws). She of course isn't overweight (only because she'll eat chocolate cake FOR dinner and nothing else to keep her weight down) and feels the need to rub it in everytime she sees us. She went through a LONG rambling fit asking if she could JOIN Weight watchers so they could tell her what to eat so she could GAIN weight since everyone there should know how to gain weight. I told her she could if she wanted to get punched in the nose *smile* and she just wouldn't let it go and kept at it for 20 minutes. She's not even that skinny (around 140 which is my goal weight but it's by no means a teeny tiny morsel) but it was rude, especially seeing the company she was in. She's done a million other little jabs at all of us but my MIL is totally immune for some reason (she's her favorite I think) saying it's because she's from Australia and they don't have the same social system and tact that we have. Give me a break.

Anyway, enough about her. Good luck with your goals. I know I'm going to try to reach mine. I'm going to go exercise now as a matter of fact! Have a good week ladies!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

its been nasty hot here in connecticut too... people on message boards have at times asked me if connecticut has summer. uhhhh ...

hey, amber, whats up with stupid in laws??? i used to go through the same BS with my exboyfriend's family. they were always judging my weight... BF used to say that it was all in my head but it wasn't. i found out they were saying i was a fat@*** behind my back. only difference is that his family were ALL thin. I always felt such pressure when I had to go to family functions. if i was feeling fat, i got myself out of going. anyway... you show that SIL!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Jilly, where in NOVA are you??? I am in Alexandria!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

No way--I am SO moving to Alexandria around October (my current lease runs out in early November, so my bf and I are getting a place together there). Right now I live in Manassas. It's so cool to see someone from the same area! Well, I'm not actually from here, but ya know what I mean Got any tips on finding a good apartment there?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Ladies!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one battling the heat! It's supposed to be 93 today...weee! Thankfully I"m in a freezing cold office all day, I have on a sweater right now, and also keep a blanket here to, so I hear ya on that one papperclippy.

Amber: You can get back on track, don't get discouraged!

Megan: cute dress! wow, a size four, I don't think I've ever been a size four, oh, maybe that one time, when I did the cabbage soup diet...bad, bad, bad! You go girl! So excited and proud of you! You didn't play around, you got on here, got to business, and accomplished your goal...your an inspiration!

I hope we are all staying on track so far, it's Tuesday, let's have a lot of losers this week! :
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  

jillybean and jenne--I live in Alexandria right now, just moved here in April....I live about 1/2 north of King St metro....
ummm as for apartment searching...well actually there are a few places in my building (if you are interested) walking distance to metro, good location (i think) and i am on a really tight budget and the rent is surprisingly low for that area around 1,000 including all utilities for a one bed room...small,really small (and i lived in japan so i know small)....but hard wood floors! i also looked at a few other places that were ok, if you did want any help (craigslist.com is a good resource for this area, )

anyways nice to see some people from NOVA (also betting neither of you is actually from NOVA as that seems to be a rare species here)
yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #15  
Eating for two!

Oooh I am so spoiled--my apartment right now is $870/month, and I have a washer/dryer in unit, a living room, dining area, "breakfast nook," walk-in closet, and it's almost 750 square feet. I am so in love with my apartment and don't want to move, but I am too far away from Jeff's job for him to just move in with me Alexandria is our agreed-upon middle ground for a reasonable travelling distance to both our jobs (since neither of us wants to find a new one right now). That website is definitely a good one--has a lot of places other than just the usual apartment complexes like the major websites have (I have been looking at apartments.com, forrent.com, rent.com, and apartmentshowcase.com). I also check the reviews at apartmentratings.com to make sure there's nothing absolutely horrible about the places I'm considering. Like I said, I'm not moving till October, so I have a good 3-4 months to shop around, but I'm trying to get an idea of what we're in for