Old 06-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default boobs....

Ok, so one of the good things about losing weight for some, is that your boobs get smaller but do they also have to get all saggy and gross.
My boobs are like defalted balloons. yeah its great that I can buy the cute bras but I would never be caught dead with out a bra on. I mean its like a national geographic photo.

I wear 2 bras when I work out, most of the time I even sleep in one. But they still sag, bad!

I have been thinking about getting a lift once I have shrunk as much as I am going to has any one else considered this. since I am still relatively young, I wonder though, if I have a baby will I be able to breast feed and will they just get saggy again? If any one has looked into this or has any advice let me know.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie934
Ok, so one of the good things about losing weight for some, is that your boobs get smaller
I WISH! I only wore a B-cup to begin with--if they shrink anymore, there won't even be a point! And my butt and my boobs are the first things that shrink when I lose weight, yet they're the only parts I actually want to KEEP (or would like to expand!). If only we could just tell our bodies where to burn the fat from...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't shrank too much yet, but I am starting to see loose skin, and my boobs do look a little deflated. OTOH, they're so heavy that they've always been kind of saggy.

I've only researched reductions, not lifts, but I doubt that lifts are as likely to interfere with breastfeeding. I mean, AFAIK in a lift they are mostly removing skin and tightening it up, not actually going into the insides of your breasts. But if they have to reposition your nipple, there is probably a risk of at least losing nerve sensation if not losing the ability to breast feed.

Also, if you get pregnant, your breasts get bigger too, so you might want to wait for that reason. Anyway, I bet some googling could give you a lot of info about breast lifts.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

The few times that I have been able to lose weight, my boobs didn't change sizes! But then I didn't have so much weight to loose, and now I wonder if this will happen with me too. But, I guess my boobs have always been big, and have pretty much stabilized at a D cup, but the back size has gotten bigger.

Quote:
If only we could just tell our bodies where to burn the fat from...
Wouldn't that be great!

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question about the lift.

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I was a 40H when I was 251+ but now I squish them into a 38DDD. If I don't lose any more in them when I reach goal, I am opting for a breast reduction. After a year at goal weight that is. I am scared of gaining and I like the way my shirts hang (can't see my big belly).

I would get reduced to a large C...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #6  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I had a reduction at 20y.o. I went from a 44II (yes, that's 2 I's) and first out of surgery they were a small C. After a few years the tissue relaxes from the surgey they are currently 42DD. I'm not happy with the sag factor either and I will definately look into getting work done if they don't improve.

As far as breastfeeding, You need to ask your surgeon and emphasise the importance of it. My doctor kept all the milk ducts and nipples intact during my surgery in case I had kids, they'd still work!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #7  
Chubbles

hi, I have looked into having a lift, and I have been advised by several women who have had the procedure and some nurses also NOT to do it before you have kids. My boobs have always been medium/small sized, and even at my highest weight I was only a 38C...so I know I will be like a 34B when I get to my goal, and I would like to get a lift...The reason they advise against getting one if you are planning to ever become pregnant, is that pregnancy will stretch the skin on your breasts, and they will just become deflated again, so it's just a waste. check out this site:
http://www.plasticsurgery.org/public.../Mastopexy.cfm
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #8  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

For a good, lifting bra, check out the Fredrick's of Hollywood "Extreme Clevage" bra. I'm a 36 DD (down from a 36 DDD) and my girls have never been so high! They're awesome! (the bra, not my boobies :P )
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #9  
Hottie on the Beach!

YES! I was scared to ask myself! I have always had large boobs (36DD) for my size and I have went down to either a 34C or 34 D according to how the bra is made. I'm really happy with that, but they are so saggy! I feel REALLY self-conscious about it and I am thinking about having a lift and small implant. I'm not really sure yet, I'm thinking about scheduling a consultation where my friend had her implants done. If I do have the consult, I'll let ya'll know what the Dr. says!
Sadiepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

DEFINITELY look at some before and after pics of breast lifts. At my consult with a surgeon, I was less than impressed. I wasn't there to talk to him about a breast lift, though (lipo). ANYWAY, mine are saggy 34B (i've been as much as a 36D for a little while) but they don't look THAT bad and look fine in a bra/bikini. I have, like Sadie, thought about a small implant... i don't want to be bigger, I just want them to be firm and sit up nicely. But if i'm going to go for a surgery, i doubt it would be that, i'd rather get some work done on my legs or something...
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #11  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I stress about this all the time! I seem to have a hard time filling out a B as it is and I think I will be extremely unhappy with my body if I get down to 140 and have small saggy boobs. None of the other women in my family have this problem, so I'm hoping that they will just stay at a B cup. When I lose weight, if things continue the way they are going I will think very hard about augmentation.
I wish I had more helpful things to say, but this is a concern of mine as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to hold on to certain big body parts!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #12  
Chubbles

gah i wish i could keep my butt! I think that's going to be one of my focus points in exercising because the more muscular it is, the more mass there will be there...I'm not gay or anything but I think girls with little waists and big butts are hot! lol maybe some day I'll be one! The boobs I could probably live with, as much as plastic surgery has advanced, so has the UNDERWEAR industry! I really don't care that much how they look naked, because I am not single and dating or antyhing, and my fiance really doesn't care either, so I'm all for them just looking good with clothes on!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #13  

WastedThermos - In losing 50 pounds, only the band size on my bras has changed. I was a 36B (probably should have been at 38) at my highest weight and now am a 34B (may have to go down to a 32 when I reach my goal). I just don't really gain weight in my chest, except for the layer of fat that used to cover up my ribs. So don't worry, maybe you'll just stay the same, too. It's not so bad - no sagginess at all despite the weight fluctuations.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

I could lose a little, but if I lose too much I won't have any left! Mine sag a bit right now I've already thought about getting a lift, and hopefully will after I have kids. I remember I used to tease my mom about hers.....maybe it's payback lol I used to sing: "do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie em in a knot, can you tie em in a bow, can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier, do your boobs hang lowwwwwwwwwwww"

Last edited by Jessie_777; 06-10-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #15  
But Want The Body Too!!

Ive thought about getting a lift.. Because I did get my boobs quick, I was stubborn and a tomboy and didnt want to wear a bra.. Im paying the price now.. With working out they do tend to lose a little bit in size, but its hardly noticable.. I would like a lift and a small implant, just to give life back to them I guess you could say.. To perk them up some.. Ive actually looked at alot of before and after pictures online, also watching some of the plastic surgery shows on tv as well.. If Im not mistaken, as far as implants at least, if they put the implant behind the muscle you shouldnt have problems breastfeeding in the future.. As far as just a lift, here is a link that I found that shoujld help you.. http://www.cosmeticplasticsurgerysta...eastlifts.html
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote