Old 06-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Question Coffee Question...TMI

A lil TMI, but I feel its not that bad...let me know if it is.. Ok Coffee I have a med or sm latte just about every morning after I work out.. I know I dont need the calories but gotta have my iced latte. ANyhow, the question is, I tend to go to the bathroom a LOT More we are talking 2 -3 times a day, when before it was like 2 a week. Now is it from working out more?? or amybe because all of the water? or sometihng in hte coffee?? Whne I say use the bathroom, I mean (poo) sorry. I was just curious. Thanks for your help in advance!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

it might be a lot of things are you eating more veggies and fiber cause that will do it. but also if before you weren't having enough water you might have been dehydrated and that makes you consitipated. were you drinking lattes at all before because it could also be the milk in them. I bet its more likely the water and food than the latte.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

The only thing coffee in particular does is make you pee more because caffeine is a diuretic. I'm with Jennie, drinking more liquid and eating more fiber will make you poo more. It sounds like you were constipated before (I was like that too, until I started drinking a lot more water). AFAIK it is healthy to poo at couple times a day, and if you don't poo once a day you are probably a little constipated.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #4  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I get the same response from a latte if I don't order it with SKIM milk. the Whole milk they typically use to give it a creamy texture has too much fat for my guts to handle!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I certainly wouldn't worry about it--what you should have been concerned about was only going "poo" twice a week! You were certainly somewhat constipated--I've read (and heard from my doctor) that you should be "passing stool" (gotta love how doctors talk) at least once a day. Water and fiber will get ya there. I had problems with going multiple times a day when I was eating a big bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal for breakfast--then I checked the fiber content, and no wonder!! I would just chalk it up to your healthier diet--going every day is much better for your body than twice a week (imagine how much junk was piling up in your body only going twice a week!). If it really worries you that you're going twice or even 3 times a day, just check with your doctor, but as long as it's firm (sorry to get detailed here) and not diarrhea or anything, then I wouldn't worry about it
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

I agree with what everyone is saying here. I don't know if you were drinking coffee before, but coffee always hurts my stomach -- I guess it's acidic. Of course, that doesn't stop me from drinking it, but it usually makes me need to go...
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #7  
Mikey's girl

Ok I was just making sure. I have always had some sort of tea or latta in the mornings. I wasn't too worried, I was just wondering if anyone else was experinceing the same thing. Thank you!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #8  
Chubbles

pooping 2 times a week is rather abnormal...i say at least once to twice a day is more normal, and healthy...just my opinion though. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless its diarhea.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Coffee makes me go more too (think diarrhea ) It sucks.That's one of the reason I rarely drink it.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #10  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Working out promotes going #2 also. That is one of the reasons that it helps prevent colon cancer, because the bad chemicals in food spend less time in your "system."
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I get this, coffee is a very very powerful laxative for me. Which can sometimes be useful, but the rest of the time I need to know how to handle it. And when I say very powerful, I can get results within 5 minutes if the coffee's strong enough. Which is the only way I like to drink it so I have to be very careful!

I used to drink coffee with artificial sweetener which said it had a laxative effect so I thought it was that. I now drink it without (and black) and it's just as bad so I'm definitely blaming the coffee.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #12  

Hi I just want to add that coffee is VERY acidic and my stomach can't handle coffee at all.. so just a suggestion, maybe water down your coffee and not drink as much? I find the when I drink the coffee with a little water in it and just a small amount, it doesn't affect the stomach... hope this helped
DaisyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Ah, but if I water down the coffee I find it undrinkable for other reasons. I'd rather drink no coffee than watery coffee! It has to be espresso or nothing for me.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote