Old 06-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #31  

I lost 30 pounds in college drinking (heavily) 3-4 nights a week. I would never drink "casually". It is crazy, but I love to drink. Now I only drink heavily maybe 1 night a week, but I drink casually from time to time during the week. I am 22 now and happy just hanging out with my boyfriend, I was 19 then (don't call the police!!!)

I lost the weight by doing Tae Bo on days that I was going to drink. Tae Bo burns as many as 800 calories in an hour. 800 calories is about 8 light beers, and since I had to walk to all my classes on campus, I was active anyways. Also I was lucky I never got hang overs (I do now!), but when I feel like crap from being hung over, I force myself to exercise because it forces me to drink water instead of sit around and eat all day, which is always great!

But my advice is simply weighing your desires... you can be skinny and drunk at night, as long as you are pretty strict during the day.
caitietee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #32  

I like the hard alcohol myself, diet coke and some captain, I feel as long as you drink the water and eat healthy while you are doing it, it still leaves you room to lose weight. When I drink I get motivated and feel like being physical, so I'll dance or go for a long walk, try that too...burns calories. I am 27 now, and need the weekends to relax from work....Good luck girls, I am off to a picnic this afternoon and know I will be drinking! Happy 4th!!!
cablegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Has anyone tried the new Beck's premium light? It's only 64 calories per bottle. I had it this weekend and it wasn't bad. I'm not a huge beer person either so it works for me to have one or two and be done. My boyfriend says it tastes a little bitter though. My other latest drink is mixing a diet rockstar energy drink with vodka. Upper with a downer to keep me going.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #34  

just like Red Bull and Vodka...that is yummy too. I don't have a taste for beer, but one time I was on a diet and tried miller lite and it wasn't too bad. I like the old Captin and Diet code or Pepsi....How long did it take you Lizzbabe to get to where you are now?
cablegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:36 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

yeah, I agree with other people. I think the drinking is ok....it's just the craving junky food the next day. Especially if you end up staying over at the place where you drink...which is what happens to me usually...and then the problem becomes eating healthy when everyone else wants junk.
I think the key must be to try to not sleep right after you drink...make sure you're awake long enough after so that all those calories just sit there.
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #36  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi I'm new here but I've found something that helps me....

I've switched over to Virgin Caesars. I know that is taking away all of the alcohol content but I could never really taste the vodka in them anyway unless it was a triple or a double in a short glass.

Nobody seems to notice that I'm not drinking because it looks like I have a mixed drink.

Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote