Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat 5/16 - 5/22

I just had a revelation that I wanted to share...

I just realized that eating two donuts and two muffins can be over 1200 calories. That's kind of scary, because it makes me realize just how much I used to eat in college!! I had a really bad food day the other day, and I tallied it up and it came out to about 2000 calories (I usually eat 1200-1500), which is about the amount needed to maintain, if not a little more. The thing is, I used to eat much more than that every day! No wonder I put on so much weight!

Anyway, I'm doing well so far today and I can tell my body is getting rid of all the crap I fed it over the weekend. I realized that with my normal eating, to get to 2000 calories I'd have to eat like usual for the entire day, and then eat a big cheeseburger with fries on top if that! My eyes have been opened, and I'm going to try to be good this week and weekend.

How's everyone else doing?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:49 PM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Papperclippy: I went through one of those realizations awhile back also. I used to over eat and not think anything of it, because that was how I was raised. We would eat dinner at nine at night, and get seconds and even thirds!!!! No wonder I was so big!

Now, I have a better sense of portion size and don't ever consider getting seconds, just doing that made a big difference, now I also am more aware of calories also. I use to stop and get McDonalds every morning, until I realized, must the biscuit w/ bacon and eggs was almost 500 calories, and that wasn't counting the hash brown and coffee....then I was off for more junk through out the day. What really helped me was fitday, I even have my mom using it now, and she is obsessed with it!!

It's a journey that's for sure, I have learned a lot along the way, about food, diet, and exercise.

I am on track this week! I want to be a loser!!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, those realizations are a monster! I work at Ruby Tuesday 4 nights a week (for those who don't have them, it's an American Grill, kinda like a TGI Friday's). I worked there in college, also, and now they have the nutrition information for their food. The chicken sandwich and fries I used to get almost every day contain more than 1000 calories. That's insane! There are burgers and such on the menu that have OVER 1000 CALORIES ALONE--not including the fries or other sides that come with it. HOW INSANE?! I try very hard to never have to eat dinner at the restaurant before my shift anymore. I bring my own food--usually a container of wheat pasta with tomato sauce or chicken stir-fry with veggies and brown rice. I just couldn't believe how many calories I used to eat, and how many calories are hiding in our food!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Well I splurged again. I have finally managed to get my workouts back to a consistant amount and can't stay on track with food. Last night we ordered deep dish pizza I managed to have only one slice, but then ate 3-4 (didn't count...oops) cheese stuffed breadsticks. Thankfully I started the meal with a salad so I didn't do any more damage. Still it was a bad night and I can't even imagine the nutritional content. Probably more then I needed for the whole day.

Felt terrible afterwards, had a stomach ache the whole night because I overate and the food felt like a lump in my stomach. Must remember that for next time....

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

Skinnyjeans: Isn't it weird how eating like that makes us sick now? I know there was a time that I could put away a whole pizza and not even think twice about it....
Don't beat yourself up, you did good I think, just look how far you have come in your thinking!

I think losing weight has to be a total transformation. mind, body, spirit
Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 PM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I always feel like crap when I eat like crap now (even more so if I'm not exercising). In fact, I don't even like to have days that I don't go to the gym - I always feel so blah on those days.

I move in about 3 weeks! It's getting stressful and I'm trying to deal with it in a rational way. So far, uh, not so good. But today has been successful and I am determined that it remain so.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:10 AM   #7  

How are all of you ladies (and guys if there are any out there) doing? I actually am very happy with my weight loss for the first time since I started in March. I went down 3.5 pounds. That's a record for me ever. I think my weight is compensating for that awful plateau. How did all of you do this week??

Amber *doing her happy dance*
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #8  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

That's great, Amber! I'm a solid 149 this week -- I thought I was 149 last week, but it went back up to 150 for most of the week (TOM ). This morning it was a solid, reliable 149. I've been holding pretty steady at 1 lb/week lately, here's hoping this trend continues!

I can't seem to lose inches and pounds at the same time though -- since I got off my plateau and started losing weight again, my measurements haven't budged! I think it must be coming off somewhere that I don't measure (which would be hard, because I measure just about everywhere!).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Way to go girls!!!!

I lost 2 lbs this week. I ate pretty bad, but I guess all the exercise paid off.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

Amber, Paperclippy, and flxthct: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Jenicra: HI!!!! I'm moving next friday, and haven't packed a thing! I still have to find movers also, I'm moving from a 2nd floor apt. to a 3rd floor....weeeee! I'm not moving out of state though, so good luck to you on your move! Hopefully you are a lot more organized than me. Why are you moving btw?

Girls have a wondeful weekend! Memorial weekend is just a week away, time to dust off those two pieces, and tankinis!!!! That sure has been good motivation for me this week. I much rather have a hamburger for lunch, than a protein shake, but my stomach in a bikini will look much better, if I lay off the fattening foods. Good luck to you all !!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Paperclippy - congrats on entering the 140s! I bet you're looking pretty good, eh, eh? Also, congrats to all you other losers out there - good work!
Spill - my husband got into the doctoral program as Washington State Uni. so we're moving to Pullman, WA and I'm transferring to the University of Idaho (only about 8 miles from Pullman). I'm excited and nervous, but most of all right now, I just want to get it over with!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

Wow Jenicra! How exciting...I hope the move goes smoothly for you and ur hubby. How cool!!! Congrats to your hubby on getting into the doctoral pgm!