Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #91  
I dream of normalsized me

First name: Nikki

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Cohabitating with BF

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Sima - chiuaua / Terrier(sp) Mix and Lady - Bagel = Bassett Hound / Beagle Mix

Hobbies/Interests: I love to shop and cook.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2005

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 268

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cooking...I cook for him, but eat what I cook.

Following any specific plan: Yep, oldie but goodie...diet & exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hit rock bottom. Ever seen a person with a Psychology Degree get depressed???? Plus, my life and happiness depend on this.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not yet!
Old 07-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #92  
*Believe in your dreams*

First name (if you want to tell): Deb

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: single

Pets: a big fat cat named Millie

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, reading mystery books, working out, watching All My Children, hanging out with my friends, watching sports, going to college football games.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown with highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2005
Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the lack of willpower. I have started many diets, walking plans, etc and give up after a month or two.

Following any specific plan: exercising, drinking water and some diet drinks. eatting in smaller portions. I have watched my carbs and sweets also.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It is something I really want.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I will add pics soon!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #93  
Chrissy

First name (if you want to tell): Chrissy

Geographical location: NY & moving to Fla

Marital Status: not single & a MOMMY!!!

Children/Ages: almost 2 months

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping, beach, dancing Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color:brn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Just started up again 2 wks. ago.

Starting Weight: 192.2

Present Weight: 187.6

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan: follow the pts. and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just had a baby

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 08-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #94  
Pending Email Confirmation

First name: Alison

Geographical location: Bolton, United Kingdom

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Alfie-Jack 2 year old Jack Russell

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Travelling, Shopping, Spending Money, Sleeping, Films & Food!

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2005 (failed though only a few lbs off, so re-started again July 2005!

Starting Weight: 350

Present Weight: 335

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not turning to comfort eat and needed that sugar rush.

Following any specific plan: Diet & Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sick of being stuck in a rut, I am sick of being depressed, I am sick of being tierd, I am sick of being me.... + diabetic scare type 2 will know beginning of September if I am or not!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't think so.....
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #95  
Sara G.

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Rochester, MN

Marital Status: Single until I can fully appreciate myself!

Pets: Laila, the light in my life! She's a 2 1/2 years old Beautiful brindle boxer

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Music, Travel, Shopping, Movies, NASCAR, Photography, night clubs, Dancing, and I can actually say Exercise!!

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ natural dirty blonde, currently brown w/ highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2 years ago, but I wasn't in the right place. March of this year, I was in the right place

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 245

Goal Weight: 145 for sure, maybe lower when I get there

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Health being one of them, to feel better being another. It should never be about vanity.... don't get me wrong, I want to look good, but more importantly I want to be healthy.

Following any specific plan: Portion control, exercise, healthier foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have made a lot of changes and I love me again. I don't want to be a sick person, I don't want to be limited in what I can do because of my weight/health. I actually enjoy exercise now that I have started and stuck with it and I want to keep having fun, it also improves my mood!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that this website has really been helpful. It's much easier to relate to people that understand what you're going through. And then you can be more supportive to those people.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 AM   #96  

First name (if you want to tell): Earlymornings

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: single

Pets: beagle (ferris), turtle (poop (that's really his name))

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, running, watching movies, baking (my weakness)

Eye/Hair Color: brown, brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Mid-may of this year

Starting Weight: 159 lbs.

Present Weight: 151 lbs.

Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: At the beginning of high school, I quit a sport i was quite competitive in as a child, and gained 30+ pounds over the next 2 years. My metabolism was all out of whack since then, because I kept eating as much as i had been before, not exercising enough, and I stopped growing. Since then, i've never been able to shed the extra pounds.

Following any specific plan: Cut most sweets and candy, more vegetables, exercise almost every day (running, weights, classes, etc)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: No more crash dieting, no more unhealthy choices. When i was younger i struggled with an eating disorder because of pressure from coaches, etc., and ever since then, I've had a lot of image problems.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would like to just be able to meet some people to keep me on track who are in a similar situation. Also, I love hearing your stories and seeing your progress. it is amazing..
Old 08-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #97  
Getting healthy

First name (if you want to tell): Bostonmox

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: living in sin with my bf

Pets: none (apt doesnt allow pets )

Hobbies/Interests: photography, American Sign Language, swimming, Curves, reading, traveling

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 5th

Starting Weight: 215 lbs.

Present Weight: 213 lbs.

Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating!

Following any specific plan: working with a nutritionist to make healthy meals and increase exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The help from a nutritionist and having to be accountable to her. Also, the motivation of the horrible pictures from my cousins wedding.. yikes!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would love to talk with other people who struggle with weight, particularly people who have to lose more than 10 vanity pounds... people who really struggle like myself. I hope I can make some new friends here and get support, while giving it to other people at the same time.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #98  
Proud US Navy Wife

Cool

Might as well add myself

First name: Alexandra

Geographical location: PA

Marital Status: WISHING I was living in sin with my bf

Pets: 1 dog (Jasmine, the amazingly stupid mini-hotdog) 2 cats (Cosette and Nimue).

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, music, acting in and watching theater, singing, playing on the internet, playing pool.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 9.. I'm new!

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating, deffinately... I like food! And Im picky.. so it sometimes seems I only like the food thats bad for me!

Following any specific plan: Nope.. just portion control, counting calories, and exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm here! I have you people to listen to me rant, and to inspire me with your success!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm somewhat crazy, and lots of fun.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #99  

First name (if you want to tell): Celeste

Geographical location: TX

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: One-Kalynn/3 years

Pets: 3 cats, 2 dogs and 3 birds

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, running, sewing

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2005

Starting Weight: 206

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 140-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating junk. I just have to have it OUT of my house.

Following any specific plan: WW's. Eating more fruits and veggies, lean meats, exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My self esteem. Last time I lost weight was for a guy, this time it's FOR ME!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #100  

First name (if you want to tell): tiffany

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: Married 3 years in September

Children/Ages:1 little girl

Occupation: the best job in the world, stay at home mother, i am also a full time student

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: watching sports! just about any sport, people tease my husband and i, cause our daughter is a little prissy, but LOVES Espn! we watch it a lot! i love to shop, and excersice when i have the time! i could spend hours in a gym, but since having my daughter and starting school havne't had much time

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: hazel :-) blondish brown i guess

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2, 1982-i have dieted all my life, but this time August 8, 2005

Starting Weight: 159

Present Weight: 153

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating with the youth group (husband is a minister)

Following any specific plan: South beach online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have to get back my body! i gained 60 lbs while pg and its driving me crazy! only 18 more lbs to go.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i don't knwo, i am sure there is
Old 08-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #101  
Angie

Talking

First name (if you want to tell): Angie
Geographical location: Green Bay, WI

Marital Status: never married- in a new relationship though...
Children/Ages:1 Precious little girl- 2 y. 4 months

Occupation: Full time student by night, Full time Customer Service/Pricing Administration worker by day

Pets: Wish I could have dogs and cats.. but 3 large blood red parrot fish (my babies)

Hobbies/Interests: Watching some tv- (and packers, of course!) Shopping, knitting in the fall and winter, camping, water sports... oh my back....

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blond-- well, more light brown with highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: First time around with support from 3fat chicks- Jan 05. Second time around, and hopefully the last!- TODAY!

Starting Weight: 278 -> 245 (first time around)

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to excersize.. and that damn 9am drag in the morning.. I always crave sugar

Following any specific plan: I loved Dr. Phil the first time around-- going that route again!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My sister just left for 4 months to study in Austrailia.. its the motivation I need to get on the ball and lose weight and suprise her when she gets back! Oh- and my weight is now affecting my life activites... like being too big to ride on rollercoasters- or at least worrying about it- dont want to have to even think that anymore!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really like how everyone on here helps pick each other up. It is really somthing special!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #102  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Default Meet me

First name (if you want to tell): Jessie

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: married for 1 year

Pets: Chester, cutest spaniel mix-thing in the world!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, but not arithmetic...editing as a side-job. Shopping, and hanging out with my husband and our puppy

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This one, let's go with Monday, 8/22

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: Ultimately 135, but I would be extremely happy with 165 by March

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just love food and cooking and baking, especially baking! Plus my husband is skinny as a stick and can eat whatever he wants, especially cookies! Exercising also a big concern!

Following any specific plan: not right now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going to Thailand for a two-week tsunami relief mission trip in March, and it is going to be SO much physical labor. I am horrified that I won't be able to fulfill my duties. I have also reached the ends of "normal" sizes and want to be able to wear nice clothes from nice places! Plus-sized clothes never fit me on top because I am so short waisted, so I am screwed!

Last edited by JessieW; 08-24-2005 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #103  

First name Christina

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: 1boy Andrew who just turned 2

Occupation: Mom, and I train dogs on the side. I also watch two children

Pets: One german shepherd female named Greta. She is a search and rescue dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, ebay, Search and rescue, anything child related

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April

Starting Weight: 268

Present Weight: 239

Goal Weight: 130-140

I have a huge problem with the phrase I will start again tomorrow. Tomorow is always going to be my start day, so I eat really bad caus eit will be the last time, and then when tomorrow comes I will not eat till the afternoon. By then my cravings kick in, and I splurge on fast food. I am a fast food jumkie.

Following any specific plan: Right now I am working wiht a weight loss medical group. I am doing what is called a lion lifestyle. sort of like a mediteranian style of eating. The theory is that these people are the healthiest on the planet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a plan of action. I have all the tools I need to eat right. Before I never knew what healthy living was, so I would just eat a bit of this, and pretty soon my portions would grow and grow.

I lost 42lbs, got down to 226, and then I got pg. So I began eating more, and then I had a m/c, and I have yet been able to get back on track. I hope tomorrow will be the day.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #104  

First name (if you want to tell): Brina

Geographical location: Canada, eh

Marital Status: Live in BF

Pets: two ferrets, and my dad has a Bull Mastiff who I consider mine.

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, reading, working, various other stationary activities, and my personal favourite, computering.

Height: 4'11"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Debateable! I started trying to lose weight, like most people, at the start of highschool (when I was.. get this.. 74lbs, and thought I was *huge*). Finally around Grade 11, I accepted that I was quite thin, and gave up my starvation/one carrot diet. Since then, I've gained, and gained, and gained, and gained! I've reached the point where I have to put a stop to the gaining, and maybe level off at a (truly) healthy weight.

Starting Weight: 163

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: Ideally, I would like to be anywhere in the "Healthy Weight Range" on the chart for my height (100 - 115). Doctors say in order to qualify for breast reduction surgery, i need to lose at least 30 more pounds.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food! I love to eat, I love to cook, and I love to talk about food. I'm also extraordinarily lazy! (Not a good combination).
Another one of the huge hurdles, that I try to ignore - my dad has this horrible habit of (first) telling me I've gained so much weight, I'm unattractive, and my BF is going to leave me if I don't "get on it". I _am_ trying, and I keep trying to tell him, I didn't gain weight overnight, and i'm not going to lose it overnight. Once he's finished telling me what a fatty I am, he goes on to offer me pizza, cheesecake, ice cream samwiches, and pop. /rolly eyes.
Another hurdle that I'm trying to work with, is the BF is allergic to veggies. Yes, literally. Not an easy way to cook, i tell you!

Following any specific plan: Yes, I'm beta-testing the Hormonology Diet by Gabrielle Lichterman (details here : http://www.livejournal.com/users/28d...ook/43069.html)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, for one, i'm trying to eat healthy, and not "not at all" which i think was likely a HUGE problem in the past I'm trying to build a support network (by joining here, for one!) and my bf is really supportive as well. I'm trying to do this _for me_ rather than for anyone else, like I did in the past. I have a positive outlook, and I'm trying to keep it that way!

Anything else you would like to share with us: um.. Yes.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #105  

Default Getting to know you...

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer (or Jenn)

Geographical locationexas

Children/Ages: 3 dog sons

Occupation: Care Manager for Mental ******ation (in the process of looking for a new job)

Pets: 3 dog sons-- Kirby (2.5 yr old King Charles Spaniel and Shih Tsu(?) mix), Austin (3.5 yr old Rotti/Lab/Airedale mix), and Simon (6yr old Beagle/Husky Mix) We also have two cats --Tigger 2 and Miss Bootsy

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, trying to keep up with the housework, collecting classic literature, and doing yardwork/landscaping

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Has really been ongoing, but started losing weight in January of this year, but I have been on a three month vacation.

Starting Weight: 284

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: My first main goal is to be under 200 pounds. My long term goal is currently between 170 to 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Craving sweets and sugary treats. Also eating out every weekend with my husband.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet (sort of) and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have already lost 60 punds through low carb, low fat diets so I have a lot more information going into it this time compared to the last time. I also have an excellent support group through this website.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not right now
Closed Thread