Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

First Name: Jennifer
Geographical Location: Nebraska
Marital Status: Married 5 years
Children: 2, ages 4 and 21 months
Pets: 3 fish, 1 bird, 1 dog, 3 cats
Hobbies/Intrests: Reading, shopping, listening to music, good movies, spending time with my husband and family cooking
Height: 5'2"
Eye/Hair Color: Blue, depends on my mood, currently dark brown
Starting date of weight loss journey: May 25th, 2005
Starting weight: 231
Current weight: 220
Goal weight: 130-140 depends on how I feel and look
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom eating and chocolate-love my Hersheys with Almonds and Chocolate Covered Raisins.
Following any specific plan: Counting calories, avoiding bad carbs, eating lots of fruits and vegitables, and Tae Bo,
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts: This time I feel that I really can do it. I just have to believe in myself, I have done it in the past. Now I am looking to the future and to a healthier me. I am trying to avoid diabetes, it is rampant in my family. I am also a role model to my girls and I don't want them to struggle with their weight. I want healthy choices to come naturally to them.
Anything else you want to share with us? I am afraid of failure, I always have been, this time i'm not evening going to consider what if I don't make my goal, because I condemn myself thinking that way, I have also posted my weight, which forces me to stay on track. I want to see my tracker moving and I want everyone else to see it move.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #62  

Default Heya!

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: married 3 years ijn October

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 4 cats

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, cooking, reading, arts and crafts, movie-holic

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time? March 1st

Starting Weight: 171

Present Weight: 161

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: laziness, lack of willpower, my work schedule is terrible for planning meals and excercise--who wants to excercise after a 12 hour day of work?!?

Following any specific plan: I am currently tracking calorie content and trying to eat better. My husband does most of the cooking and has been plumping me up with hamburger helper the past three years, since he doesn't like to wait until I get home from work to let me cook...! I am considering starting one of the Anne Collins diet programs

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am looking for support and not trying to do it alone

Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #63  
On My Way...

First name (if you want to tell): Jacky

Geographical location: Vermont

Marital Status: Live with fiance, Jason (will be married on July 8, 2006)

Children/Ages: 1 girl, Sierra...5 years old

Occupation: Adm. Asst. for student services for the school district

Pets: Pug, Ike...Rotti/Dobie X, Brock... 3 cats, Jasper, Zeus & Mookie

Hobbies/Interests: Web design, genealogy, walking, reading, shopping

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been on and off since Jan 2004

Starting Weight: 168

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I like to eat out (a lot of pizza & chinese) and my fiance does too...Also he likes to eat a lot of food, and it makes it hard for me to not.

Following any specific plan: No...just eating better & trying to be more active

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Augg....WHERE DID MY WILLPOWER GO! I need to regain it this time!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #64  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Default Newbie first post & introduction

Hi there. I'm a first time poster to 3 chickies, originally started as a SDP (Skinny Daily Post) lurker and eventually wandered over here.

First name (if you want to tell): Lisa

Geographical location: Central New York

Marital Status: engaged for 4 years, living with fiance

Occupation: Americorps*VISTA in non-profit Human Services program

Pets: Spaztic American black cocker spaniel named Rosie (the carpet swimmer)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping (much more now that losing weight, I found it's more fun), being outdoors (in selected areas), looking at new fitness equipment, videos, toys, etc

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel-brown / coppery-auburn red (all natural)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This one Dec. 26, 2004 (pre-New Years Resolution)

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: Working on 200 right now; then in 20 lb. increments eventually down to 160. I'm big boned (wide hips) with a heayish frame and I build muscle easily. I'd rather be a really ripped fit 160 lb. amazon than try to get down to my suggested ideal BMI ~130, which would be waifish and unhealthy for me (also would make me look like a bobble head doll , I have a big skull )

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweetie is an excellent cook and loves to cook for me. He also likes to wait on me hand and foot and give massages ( I know, it's a hardship). I have a ridiculous sweet tooth, especially for home-made baked goods (my moms way of showing love).

Following any specific plan: Modified version from "Fill Up to Slim Down" (more protein, slightly more fat), lots of fruits & whole grains and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Shortly after graduating from high school but prior to college (I took one year off), I got sick of being fat. My weight was then ~230. I switched to diet soda, reduced junk food and slowly added exercise. In less than a year (freshman in college) I was down to 190. I met my sweetie in August of that summer right before start of sophomore year, and lost another 20-25 lbs (mostly by dancing and not eating right) by New Years. My sweetie is same height (and hand and foot size), but naturally a thin little hardbody (very muscular). He has this ridiculous metabolism that let him eat bags of candy and fast food all day and still be a sz 28"30". I let myself go ... and brother, did I go.

I finally got sick of being unhealthy again in December 2004, and asked by hard-body exercise-freak cousin to help me out. I started working out, and changed my eating habits. I'm making much more of an effort this time, especially in working out regularly. I wasn't too healthy about losing weight last time, especially near the end - and I'm determined to make this time work!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love success stories, and I hope to be one someday!

Last edited by Cardiomonster; 07-09-2005 at 05:09 PM. Reason: numerical error
Old 06-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #65  

First name (if you want to tell): Sim

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, currently i'm starting to get into shopping as well~ which is really weird for me..

Height: 5'0" - a little on the uhm..petite side...

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time, I'm starting TODAY! (June 21).

Starting Weight: 132

Present Weight: 132

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: constant craving for chocolate and breads; looking for quick meals (aka drive thru' fast food places)

Following any specific plan: none, just trying to reduce calorie intake and trying to slowly add exercise (increasing amounts) to the daily routine

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: that's what I'm here to figure out. I feel like I should work on just living a better life...

Anything else you would like to share with us: well I'll need a lot of help, I think. I keep breaking down and giving in to the urge to just head out for brgers and fries, even when i don't want any.

Last edited by strawberries; 06-21-2005 at 05:45 PM. Reason: typo earlier - i wrote 16 when i meant 26!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:20 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

First name (if you want to tell): Allie

Geographical location: Philadelphia (PA) and Seattle (WA), depends on the time of year.

Marital Status: perpetually single

Occupation: I used to be a vegan cafe goddess but now I'm unemployed. haha, student is sufficient.

Pets: my roomates cat that hates me.

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a singer (I know, aren't we all?) I love a cappella performance. songwriting, acoustic guitar, acting, all kinds of dance, especially hip-hop. Any and every reality TV show.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark brown with blond highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 1st, 2005

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 130, I'm short.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: addiction to food

Following any specific plan: LA Weightloss

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing it on my own! my only success in the past came because I was shipped off to camps specifically designed for fatty kids like me. But, now I'm taking control and making a change for myself, and it's making all the difference.

Anything else you would like to share with us?: I'm elated to have found this forum. its perfect.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #67  
One day at a time...

Default About me!

Great thread

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Northern VA

Marital Status: not married, boyfriend of 4 years

Children/Ages: zero

Occupation: Consultant for a Management and Consulting Firm, and a student working on a Masters degree

Pets: Zero

Hobbies/Interests: Playing tennis, shopping, traveling, and teaching

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started late March of 05..got serious after my 23rd bday in April

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 240, as of June 1, I ONLY get on the scale 1x a month

Goal Weight: 140..my boyfriend would be happy if I didn't go below 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Busy lifestyle...my office is like a grazing field for candy cookies chips and just junk in general

Following any specific plan: Cut the "white" stuff, make sure I get in at least "5 a day", take a multi-vitamin and do something active atleast 6 days a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Umm...I am not being so hard on myself this time, and I reward my self for the little milestones I reach.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:44 AM   #68  

First name (if you want to tell): Cait
Geographical location: Eastern MA
Marital Status: boyfriend
Children/Ages: zero
Pets: Cats: Stinky, Manny, DJ, Juan Valdez, Dirtbag, Spooky (3 separate homes)
Hobbies/Interests: Tae Bo, baking
Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Day after graduation: May 22, 2005
Starting Weight: 170
Present Weight: 166
Goal Weight: 140
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boyfriend's eating habits
Following any specific plan: No white stuff, mindful of WW points, chill out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not going crazy psycho, living with it, doing it with my 40's and 50's in mind instead of tomorrow and the day after.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:25 AM   #69  

First name (if you want to tell): Lolita

Geographical location: Jersey

Marital Status: Married 7 years

Children/Ages: 1 son, 2 years old

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Karate, Yoga, and Comic Books (collector). Love to read everything.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Blue Black (dyed)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 28, 2005

Starting Weight: 260 lbs

Present Weight: 260 lbs

Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own lack of motivation.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose weight for me this time and not anyone else.

Following any specific plan: Eating: The 90/10 Weight- Loss Plan by Joy Bauer. It's where you eat 90% of healthy nutritious foods and 10% Fun (junk) foods. It's a very balanced diet that includes all the food groups.
Exercise: In home gym. Member of Curves, Member of the local YMCA. Beginners Karate. Soon to purchase a bike so I can go riding.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #70  
Addicted to Reading

Default Introduction!

First name (if you want to tell): Kristin

Geographical location: Southeastern Washington

Marital Status: Married 3 years

Children/Ages: none, have had 5 miscarriages. We will be trying Clomid when I've lost some weight.

Pets: Callie the Cat...and I want to get a dog soon.

Hobbies/Interests: Read anything and everything, yoga, cooking (learning to do it more healthfully), crocheting, travel

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 25, 2005

Starting Weight: 218 lbs

Present Weight: 216 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs and then we'll see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat and I am an emotional eater. I'm a bit of a glutton...where one piece of cake every once in a while might not be bad, I can't stop until the cake is gone.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I genuinely want to be healthy...not so weight focused, although I'm hoping that will be a tangential benefit! I also want to try Clomid and have been advised to lose weight first.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet and exercise: run 30 min a day, lift weights and, hopefully, I'll buy a bike soon.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #71  

First name (if you want to tell): Angela

Geographical location: Perth, Western Australia

Marital Status: Not married, living with BF for 2 years

Children/Ages: none of my own, but BF has 2. Ben 8yrs and Phoebe 10 yrs. Giving me good practice for my own kids

Occupation: Personal Assistant, Market Research (jack of all trades at the moment in the one role)

Pets: Two puppies, 5 months old. Lily and Lulu.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, scrapbooking, knitting at the moment, training the girls (puppies that is), cooking. I want to start making my own earrings and jewellery.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 1st 2005

Starting Weight: 265 lbs

Present Weight: 265lbs

Goal Weight: 160 lbs - will see when I feel comfortable

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating or just eating because there is nothing else to do. Getting my big bum out of bed in the morning to exercise. I have just found a rut and need to improve my life.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to get healthy for my BF, family and future children. I hope to have kids within another 4 years. I want to be confident to go out in the evening and be able to find something nice to wear and not break down in tears when I can't. I want to be a better person and be a good example for my children and BF's children.

Following any specific plan: Looking to follow a low GI diet. This way I really don't stop myself having the things I like, I just need to do it occasionally, not every day. I have been considering heading back to vegetarianism and a low GI diet has legumes, etc, so it would be easy to follow. As for exercise I will pick up with Joyce Vedral for weight training and walk the dogs EVERY DAY!! I promise
Old 07-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #72  

First name (if you want to tell): Jenna

Geographical location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Marital Status: Not Married- Live with boyfriend

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Journalism student/creative services director of a small real estate firm.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Cooking, Shopping, Music, Pilates.

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1, 2005

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 121

Goal Weight: 105-110 (I'm small-framed)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping my binge-eating in check, boyfriend who LOVES to go out to eat (4-5 times per week), eating healty at work and in social settings.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's not a quick fix- I'm learning how to be healthy for the rest of my life.

Following any specific plan: Pilates 3x per week, Cardio (mostly walking) 2x per week, making sure I eat my fruit and veggies, cutting out all fast/friend/sugary food, etc. I treat myself occasionally with some french fries, though.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #73  

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer

Geographical location: Atlanta, GA

Marital Status: Single

Occupation: Cashier/Dietary aide in a hospital; Accounting student

Pets: Mackenzie, a stinky beagle/basset hound mutt

Hobbies/Interests: Music, good movies, good reads,sweepstakes

Height: 6'0"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 30, 2005

Starting Weight: 200? (I don't have a scale yet)

Present Weight: 200?

Goal Weight: 150-140?? (looking more toward losing inches!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom eating and healthy eating @ work (I must keep lots of fresh fruits and veggies near). Oh, and living in the South where GREASE is KING!! (I'm not classifying chocolate as a hurdle--it's necessary for life)!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: No more quick fix pills, fast food, or refined starches/carbs/sugars. I know this takes time.

Following any specific plan: Run/walk 4x/week, strength training 2x/week; huge amounts of fresh fruit/veggies; chocolate every day (either fat free pudding-sometimes w/ fruit-or a couple of squares of dark chocolate); 1 indulgence meal/week (usually healthy except for small fries). Also, I keep my food diary @ nutridiary.com-it's a very detailed site.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #74  
I'm lovin my scale

First name (if you want to tell): Christine

Geographical location: Glendale, AZ

Pets: One cat named Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Books, Books, Movies, Books, Music, Dancing, Yoga, Pilates, Exercising

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2005

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 175 for the time being

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Resisting the tasty not good for me food i love, but it's getting easier

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it's easier somehow, i'm more committed and that makes it easier to stick to the plan when i'd rather just eat whatever i want.

Following any specific plan: I use weight watchers to track my food, walk/run 5x per week and do pilates and/or yoga several times per week.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #75  

First name: Jenn! Lots of Jenns here, I see. We'll start an army and take over the world one Jenn at a time.

Geographical location: West Coast.

Children: Nada

Pets: One cat, whom I absolutely adore. Funny, considering I swore to myself I'd never become one of those women, ordering 10 tons of powered milk a year to feed the 800 cats they have roaming around their dimly lit houses in little cat tuxedos and cat cardigan sweaters. But now I totally, TOTALLY am. And that makes me sad for myself. I cry about it a little while I snuggle with Mr. Poo Poo Kitty and pick the lint off his cardigan.

Hobbies/Interests: Music and movies.

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: End of December, beginning of January.

Starting Weight: 207

Present Weight: 147

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I live with a bunch of skinny people with high metabolisms who buy and eat nothing but crap 98% of the time. Yeah, a fat chick's nightmare, RIGHT? As you can imagine, it's terribly hard to avoid all the treats they stock the house with and fattening left overs from meals I can't touch with a ten foot pole. Although, they've taken it down a notch, thank GOD.

Following any specific plan: Just your basic low calorie/low fat self-made plan. I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day. (Again, I'm 5'2, so that's a good number for me.) I jog/power walk for around 45-50 minutes a day and do free weights.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My determination, I suppose. The first attempt lasted a mere 2 months before I gained it all back. On this attempt, I've been at it 7 months and going strong with no plans to quit now.

Very nice to meet you all!
Closed Thread