Old 04-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 4/25-4/30

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Monday!

Let's finish off the month of April strong. Let's eat right and get off our butts! We can do this!

Just do it!!!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #2  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb I'm back!

Hi, I'm Kelli and I haven't been here for a while. I've made some major life changes, and my weight loss became less important. Anyway, I was getting my hair done yesterday & my hairdresser asked what I wanted. I said I wanted a cut that would make my face look thinner while I was trying to lose weight. Later, she asked me what I was doing to lose weight, and it hit me like cold water. I really haven't been doing anything, and then she told me about her weight loss. I was determined to start, no matter how small. The longest journey starts w/ a single step. So I bought a fitness book so I can get more information & I got up early enough to get a 1/2 hr of cardio before my morning shower. I pledge I will take at least a small step everyday towards losing weight.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #3  

I second that! Let's get up off our booties and get to work!! I want to finish April strong. My goals for this week are to continue my exercise and diet plan and To drink 8 glasses of water a day (major one because I am REALLY bad about my water)! I keep hovering around 180...I was 180.5 and then gained 2 pounds overnight (boo). It took me another week to get back down to 180.1 (which was this morning's weight). HOpefully *crossing fingers* that elusive 179 mark will come this week. My TOM this on its way though so the scale will probably go up and not down...I WILL not be discourged though! Forward I go!!

Good luck to all!!
AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #4  

Which fitness book did you get? I actually bought Fitness for Dummies and I really like it. I liked the weights to do at home section and the stretching chapter. Plus I love those little cartoons. I was happy with my purchase.
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #5  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default hi

Today, has been a crappy day but the good thing is that I had gotten into my pants that I wanted to get into for my birthday!!! Yeah Maybe ill lose a lil more before I turn 23 on May 7!

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 04-25-2005 at 11:06 PM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I want to end April strong too! I finally started drinking all my water (I really have trouble remembering to drink when I'm not thirsty), and it's working! The pounds are finally coming off. Yay! If I'm really lucky I'll make it to 150 by the end of the month! I also finally fit into a pair of size 10 jeans from Old Navy! I'm so excited to be off the plateau finally. I'd only lost 10 lbs since January, but I lost about five more this month! If I can keep it up (5lb/month) it will only be four more months till I reach goal. I'm pretty sure it will slow down the closer I get though.

Goals for this week: keep up the water drinking, and hopefully lose one more pound!! (Oh, and exercise too! )
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #7  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I bought Fitness for dummies, too! I really like it, I've read 1/3 of it already. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that I know the right way to workout & take care of myself. I want to be healthy, not do myself in unhealthily losing weight. I recommend it to anyone who's relied on word of mouth and fitness/women's magazines for health/fitness advice (like I have).
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  

I'm trying to get back on track after a few weeks of too much snacking. I would like to be below 140 by my graduation in three weeks, which is totally possible if I make good choices and get myself to the gym.

My goals are to drink 3 L of water a day, run 15 miles a week, and try to avoid mindless eating. I'm trying to keep junk food out of my apartment for now. Sometimes I can be happy with a small treat each day, others I don't seem to have the will power to keep from eating a big bag of candy. Right now I'm focused on finals and writing papers so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible to make the right choices for my health.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #9  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

My goals today are to fit in some exercise time and do a little grocery shopping tonight. I'm in the process of transferring schools and beginning the moving process, so very stressful time and I just want to survive it without too much damage. I'm moving very eastern Washington state in five weeks!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #10  
slow and steady

I bought Fitness for Dummies too! I guess it's a popular book.

I was good earlier in the week, and I've been doing really well with not eating junk (I did buy some low-cal single-serving snacks for home though, limiting myself to 1 per day -- they're about 120 cals). But today, in one of my classes, we were doing final presentations, and the professor brought in a giant box of donut holes!! I thought to myself "Okay, I can do this, I won't eat any." It turned into "Okay, I'll only eat one, then I'll stop." But the class was 2 1/2 hours long, and the box was sitting right in front of me the whole time!

I ended up eating four donut holes. I feel really bad for doing it, but they were sooooo yummy...and I can't resist something sitting in front of me! I think the only reason I do so well on my diet at home is that I just keep junk out of the house entirely. Well, at least today was a gym day. But I am planning on making tacos for dinner tonight, and that cheese is totally going to up my calories. Using fitday I'm estimating myself at around 1900 calories for today once I have dinner. Well, it's certainly not enough to GAIN weight, but it might ruin my chances of being 150 by the end of the week!

Hope you all are staying stronger than me!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

hI Girls! Happy Hump Day!

Jenicra, are you excited about moving???

I am also moving in about five weeks to, but just to another part of town. I'm excited, because I'm going to cut my drive in traffic to work and school by about 85%, only will take me ten minutes! Woo Hoo! Right now am concentrating on studies, have finals coming up. My back is feeling better, and I am dying to get back out on the track and exercise...get thos endorphins going....I have been depressed with out my workout and the endorphins!

How are we doing girls???...this is it...only three more days left of April....let's make these last few dayls OP!!!!! We can do it!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

HAPPY FRIDAY !!!

yay! boy am i tired. well, another day past, another day closer to aruba. since i know you ALL have a "countdown until megan goes to aruba" calendar, the date of departure is may 8 which means nine days!!! eek!!!

here's my version of some sort of hollywood minute...

hey so tom cruise has hooked up with katie holmes... she is 26 and he is 42 (or 3? i dunno)... my conclusion from this is that it would be okay for me to date brad pitt because i am 24 and he is 41. has anyone seen this PSA for one.org that has my two favorite hot actors in it (amongst other celebs)... brad pitt and ryan gosling? "do you love it?" in other gossip news, whose side are you taking in the paris hilton/nicole richie breakup? i'm with nicole.

i'm such a loser!! "see" you guys on monday!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Spill - I'm excited and scared - it'll be intense. I've got finals on the Friday before we leave, then Saturday and Sunday we pack up and move in (it's about 8 hours away, so it's quite the drive) and I start classes on Monday. EEEK!

Tanny - you're such a goof. Although, you know what, I had heard ALL of that already... what does this say about me??? Girl, I cannot BELIEVE you're in a size 6!!!! Awesomeness! Good for you!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:02 AM   #14  
slow and steady

I posted on the success stories forum already, but I just have to tell everyone that I am finally 150 lbs!! Woohoo!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #15  

Congrats Paperclippy!
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote