Old 04-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #1  
Angie

Default Weekly Chat 4/11-4/17

Hey people! Its MONDAY!!! uggh. well.. long week ahead of me. I have been still hanging around 250 for the pat couple weeks. I didnt excersize last week at all. I'm aweful! someone yell at me!!!

Well, i am glad to see SO many new people in here! i love this place and i feel so inspired just adding a post. (thats why i do it so often adn so many!)

Does anyone have the "walk away the pounds" tape? Do you need a treadmill for them??? I have heard good things, but am curious as to what exactly you do.. walk in place?

thanks!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Hi Angie,
I have the walk away the pounds tapes. They are great. You do not need a treadmill. Depending on the tapes, if they're the ones with the blue weight balls or the band that goes around your stomach, you shouldn't need anything extra for them. On the tapes you walk in place, knee raises, and kicks,and they alternate. She also sometimes does arm movements. The only problem that I had with them is that the knee raises hurt my legs a bit, but that doesn't really stop me much. I found them when I broke my toe a few years ago and didn't want to chance doing step anymore - I wanted something more low impact. I was wrong though, the tapes are great, there are three of them - so you can do the 1 mile walk, 2 mile, or 3 mile. I totally suggest them
- Lauren
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! My weight is fluctuating . . . it was back to 155 this morning! I'm hoping it's just water weight.

I had my blood drawn for a cholesterol test this morning (first time I've had it tested ever!), so I had to do the half-day fast (not eat after dinner and not eat in the morning before my test). Man, I was starving this morning! I don't understand how so many people can skip breakfast - my stomach wakes me up bright and early! Anyway, my veins are really hard to find, but I got lucky today and she got it on the first try, woohoo! So as soon as I was done I went to Au Bon Pain to get some breakfast, but I was bad . . . I should have gotten a yogurt cup or something, but instead I got a bagel and egg sandwich, with cheese! At least I restrained myself from getting the bacon, and I got it with egg substitute. But still, that plus orange juice was about 550 calories.

I'm a little worried about getting the right amount of calories in a day. I try to get between 1200 and 1500, sometimes I go over but I almost never get above 1800. I think I need to stay around 1500 in order to lose weight. Anyway, I use fitday.com sometimes but I'm bad about keeping track every day, but yesterday I just barely had 1200 calories, which really surprised me. I thought I had been eating more than that usually, and yesterday was a pretty normal day for me. It makes me wonder if my body is doing starvation-mode or not. On the other hand, this weekend I had two meals at a restaurant and half a milkshake in one day, which must have been at least 1800 calories.

Man, this dieting stuff is hard. I was so sad to see the scale move in the "wrong" direction this morning! I refused to change the sliders in my sig because I'm hoping it will go back down in a couple days.

Sorry for the long post!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #4  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday everyone...
Today I was VERY good! I dropped my son off at school, and then went to the gym! I don't have class today until 12.30, so that makes it super easy. I have plans to make the same trip tomorrow, but with class starting at 10.30 I have to get moving a tad earlier tomorrow or it will have to wait until after class
Last night I took a look at some pictures of me and it really hit me (again) how much weight I still have to loose. I sat down and made some clear goals and recommited to using fitday and 3fatchicks everyday. I do SO much better when I post on here regularly!
I hope that everyone has a happy & on plan day today.
We can do it!!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:47 AM   #5  

HI all,

I too have the WATP tapes and I love them too. I suggest either getting the tape with the 3 mile or the 4 mile workout. She tells you when you complete every mile so you can stop anytime. The one mile tape is very very easy and you won't be able to use it for long. I didn't even really break a sweat and I am SO out of shape. It's like a regular aerobics video without all the fancy dance moves, just regular walking moves.

Well, about me. I've always had a hard time losing weight, especially since I have diabetes. For some reason the weight is just falling off this week and I feel it's too good to be true. I'm waiting for the scale to go right back up. I've been drinking tons of water to make sure it's not water weight so we'll wait until Friday to see. The scale says 179.5 today which is a 2 pound drop from my weight last weigh in which is unheard of. A 1.5 pound a week loss for me is pretty good. Friday is my official weigh in so we'll see then. I found a website that shows you how to "become a runner" by gradually increasing the amount you run vs walk so you an eventually run for 30 minutes at the end of 6 weeks or so. So I tried that last night and we'll see how it goes. I run for 2 minutes and then walk 4 and repeat for 30 minutes. We'll see if it works.
My goals:
Stick to my plan-1400-1600 calories
exericse 5X a week 30 minutes-1 hour
START weights for toning 3X a week
Drink my water
Keep my sugars normal (been a lot of lows lately since I've started exercising)

Ok,
If you've read this far and not fallen asleep, I thank you *smile*

Good luck to all!
AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Girls, glad to see everyone posting away!

Have midterms this week, so am a little distracted from posting.

My goals this week:

drink my water
no fast food
no eating after 6
hit track at least 4 X this week
go back to gym & do weights 2 X this week
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

yo

spill -- no eating after six?? geez louise i dont even get home until 8, i couldnt imagine not eating anything after six and then going to bed at 11. that's 5 hours without food, then add the 8 hours that i sleep... that's (counting on my fingers) 13 hours! right? (recounting on my fingers) yeah, i was right, 13.

i'm just kidding, i know that not eating after a certain time helps some people a lot. i just can't eat before i go to the gym in the evening so i eat alittle somethin somethin after.

i am :gasp: having a consult with a plastic surgeon this Friday. I just want him to look at me and tell me what is loose skin, what is fat, what i can do on my own, that kind of thing. now, looking at me, it's really not obvious that i have a problem with these things, but i know and it bothers me. the main thing is the arms... they dont look horrendous but i definitely look like a girl that doesnt work out.. flabby, but i know loose skin in the culprit. so i get to see what the doctor has to say and go from there. wish me luck!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:31 AM   #8  
slow and steady

Smile

Good luck at the plastic surgeon, Megan!

It turns out the 2lb gain was just water weight. Phew! : On the other hand, I think I caught a cold. I was going to go jogging anyway, but the temperature dropped pretty low today and I didn't want to go out in it when I have a cold! And the indoor track at the gym was closed (it's a university gym so it gets closed for team practices). So I figured since I wasn't feel too hot I should just skip the workout today. I'm hoping I'll be better in time for some jogging Friday!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Megan, when's Aruba? I'm sure you have the minutes till...weee....I know you are excited. On the whole not eating after six. It works for me, I have to plan. I have a early lunch, and I bring dinner to work. I have class at 5:30 every other night, and have work until 6 the other nights. So I have to plan my dinners, so I'm not hungry later on in the night. I used to be a big eater at night, I would think nothing of eating a big meal at nine, and then go back for seconds. So naturally, after making a healthier dinner, usually a protein shake, or something really light, like a salad, and cutting off eating earlier in the night. I noticed major weight loss, and my stomach has been getting flatter, which I didn't think was possible, I have always had a little belly. It was hard when I first switched, but I did it slowly, cutting off eating at 8, then 7, then 6:30...so I gave my body an adjustment, not a shock. I got the idea from Oprah! Love her! Man, I hope I can look that good in my 50s. She is inspirational! Ok, I'm all over the place today!
Paperclippy: Get well soon!

Everyone have a wonderful day! Here's a question for you...who is inspirational to you? as far as weight loss goes?
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #10  
slow and steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillthebeans
Here's a question for you...who is inspirational to you? as far as weight loss goes?
My biggest inspiration is everyone here at 3FC! Especially the success stories forum. When celebrities lose weight, I think to myself "well, they are rich and had a personal chef and a personal trainer," (which I could never afford!) but seeing everyday people like all you guys lose weight inspires me way more! When I see success stories of people who used to weigh over 300lbs, and now fit into size 6 jeans, I think to myself "Wow, that's amazing! If they can lose over 100lbs, I can lose another 25!"

But if you mean celebrities who have lost weight . . . probably Oprah. So many celebs lose in such unhealthy ways, but I feel like Oprah advocates healthy weight loss more (not that I know much about her). I also really like the VH1 weight loss shows like "From Flab to Fab" where they lose weight by healthy diet and exercise. There is so much out there to tell people to lose weight by eating basically nothing, or taking pills, or whatever quick solution there is (ala "The Swan"), but I'm glad there are some people out there telling us to lose 1-2lbs a week, and to do it right. (I'm not saying those of you taking appetite suppressants to help out are doing something bad, I mean people who ONLY take diet pills, but keep eating junk and not exercising, and expect to lose weight.)