Old 04-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Red face Hi, Everyone I'm new :)

I had a question to ask everyone. I have been stuck on same weight for 3 wks now and its killing me im eating the same and up my exercise routine anybody have any suggestions?

CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #2  
Angie

Like it has been said before.. check your measurements! many of us arnt loosing weight, but inches... and that will help you not feel so bad I have been keeping track of my measurements every couple weeks. most of the time i loose like an inch in bewteen measurings. This really helps me feel better when I am stuck somewhere.
Maybe change up your routine also... if you normally do a certain tape or excersise, try a differnt kind that works differnt muscles- like kick boxing or something. Maybe that will push you through. drink lots of H20 and make sure you are getting enough fiber! they say you should have between 20-35 grams a day!!! (so eat a bowl of All Bran in the morning) this will help also get rid of extra calories faster before they are taken in by your body. -- a little gross, but you are supposed to "go" like 2 or 3 times a day.. lol. so if thats not happening.. try the fiber!

hope this helps!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Curvaceous, welcome to the forum! Lots of us around here have been on plateaus lately. Sometimes, your body just has to adjust and takes a few weeks to get back on track. Sometimes, you need to really pump up your workout (I switched from jogging 1 mile to 2 miles, and that knocked me off my plateau). Sometimes, you think you're eating the same as usual, but you're actually eating more . . . I realized that I had been snacking a lot more than usual lately, which I'm sure was contributing to getting stuck (even if it's snacking on healthy foods, the calories add up).

Also, if you have lost a lot of weight, then you may need to adjust your calorie intake. Like, they say you should eat 500 fewer calories than you burn each day in order to lose a pound a week. But when you are heavier, you burn a lot more calories just maintaining your weight than you do at a lighter weight. It may be that before you needed 2500 calories per day to maintain your weight, so by eating 2000 you lost weight, but now you only need 2000 to maintain, so you need to cut back more.

Don't give up hope! I know you can get off the plateau eventually.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Don't worry about it!!! Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll lose! the suggestions above are good ones. Sometimes I wouldn't lose for weeks at a time and then jump on the scale and see a 5 pound loss. Sometimes it is our body's water playing tricks with us.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote