Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 1/17-1/23

Hey Girls, Happy Monday, and MLK Day!

I'm at work today, but don't have school due to the federal holiday. I am going to be fasting or at least no solid foods for the next few days. I am doing a colon cleanse...I work for a nutritional company and we sell this. Some of my coworkers and my room mate are doing it with me so that helps. I am fine with all the time in the bathroom I've been spending lately...I know, TMI!!!! but the fasting part is going to be rough. I have to drink this clay mix that is supposed to keep me feeling full, but it taste like POOP! So this is my first day and so far so good. It's the last couple of days that will suck. Not sure if I'll be working out this week, you know conserve my energy. Hopefully this will get me feeling good and maybe shrink my stomach some. Anyways, thought I would share.

Has anyone ever done or tried something like this before? I've heard from diff people that thsi is a good thing to do at least once a year, gets rid of fermenting bad things in your body, while not losing the good bacteria (am also taking some required vitamins/minerals and enzymes)..what's your thoughts on this?

Everyone have a great day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

clay mix? uhhhh.......

what is a colon cleanse? is that the same thing as a colonic? it sounds different, the colonic is when they stick a tube in you and flush out your colon. are you telling me there are things fermenting in my body???

i'm working today... (of course). the plus to working on holidays such as MLK is there isnt very much traffic.

this is an important week for me.... on sunday, i get my body fat measured again. oooh i am nervous. i am feeling like i am looking good, i guess. i wonder how famous people can keep their weight so low. i look at them, and i think they look great, but there is no way i'd ever be able to weigh 110 lbs (or less). alas i guess i have to accept that i am not a supermodel.

did anyone watch the golden globes last night? terri hatcher won for best actress in a comedy, but i really wanted marcia cross to win - she is so awesome!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #3  

hi ladies!

no school today. yahooooooo.

i've heard of colon cleansing. the only thing that makes me leary (sp?) is having that much stuff flush out of your system at once. I don't know that it could be that good to have all those acids and stuff moving through so quickly - owwwie! just make sure you're replenishing all that good bacteria and let us know how it goes!

i got a puppy yesterday! i'm thinking this will mean lots more walking exercise for me. not why i got her of course...just an added benefit!
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #4  

Megan - they get paid to be soo skinny for a start, and can afford to have daily personal trainers and dieticians and of course drugs to suppress their appetite so that probably all helps. just quietly I think you would look a bit POW if you gto to 110 or below!

I only saw Terri hatcher get her award last night as I had a wicked headache and was trying to sleep.. but I thought her speech was really sweet and genuine. Haven't seen DH yet, so I can't say what i think of her acting now. But she did look beautiful!
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #5  

Spill -I think it was in the buyer beware forum, but I know somewhere recently in this site there has been HUGE discussions regarding colon cleansing programmes. Personally I believe that if you eat enough fruit and vege and drink lots of water, it's kind of unecessary. (but that's just me :-) I love eating prunes he he) most of the weight you lose on them too is water weight! So just remember that if your weight goes down then up suddenly when you come off it!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Spill: I've heard about colon cleansers, but never tried them myself. I've heard arguments for both sides -- pro and con. Let us know how it goes.

Nothing much going on here. I'm working today. It seems like I'm the only one out of my group of friends. They are all out having fun today.

It's TOM, so when I stepped on the scale and saw a gain, I didn't get too bent out of shape. I hope to have a nice loss next week.

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Here's a little clip about the colon cleanse that I am doing...if interested:

The colon plays a vital role in maintaining our health, yet it is often overlooked and under nourished. Many health professionals now believe that 80% of all diseases begin with a toxic colon. Our bodies are constantly detoxifying and attempting to eliminate waste material. The function of the colon is to rid our system of this material containing unusable food products and environmental contaminants, along with dead cells and other metabolic waste. This toxic mixture may accumulate in the colon and inhibit normal function over time. If the body is unable to rid itself of this waste, free radical production increases and all systems of the body may be harmed.

The colon cleanse is designed to simply and effectively detoxify the body and colon, riding it of harmful debris. Tens of thousands of people have used this unique program over the past 15 years to cleanse and detoxify the body, bringing relief to an overworked colon and restoring health to the entire body. Upon elimination of excess waste, the colon can begin to restore itself to proper functioning. This leads to enhanced digestion, improved absorption of nutrients, regular elimination and increased energy. Many doctors recommend a colon cleanse once or twice a year for optimum health.

Sorry guys, not trying to wear you out, or sell you on this...just fyi!
This is just something that I've seen and heard about for awhile now, working with many health conscious people. I decided to try it on my own and see what it's all about. Personally I feel like our bodies are pretty much way smarter than us and are very good at monitoring what should be eiminated and so forth, but am willing to try it out...so I am.

Megan: nothing to be nervous about, I have a good feeling that you are going to get some great new on Sunday concerning your body fat %!! Don't be nervous be excited you have really been working your butt off lately, it will pay off!

Aimes: what kind of puppy is it? Name? fill us in!! pictures are always good to!

Jenicra: I'm at work today to, and everyone I know is off...if that makes you feel any better!

I watched the Golden Globes, I was soo excited for Jamie Foxx, his speech got me kind of teary eyed. I still watch his show that reruns late at night during the week-very funny. I also enjoyed Robin William's acceptance speech.

Last edited by spillthebeans; 01-17-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #8  

Hmm Puppy.. what sort?? You are sooooooooooo lucky! Does it have a name yet??

Spill - on a more practical note, may I recommend buying lots of TP and also panty liners.. no need to be caught short or be uncomfortable! heh e...
Old 01-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #9  
I CAN DO THIS

Heelo Ladies.

I've been away for a week and already miss typing here. I just got back and have gained 7 lbs so not a good week in the least. I think yesterday was the worst. I got into a car accident but am fine but had a complete breakdown on the who diet and had to much to eat... :P

Spill ` What is this mixture you are surpose to be drinking and how does it work. I have tried fasting before but never had to drink anything. The fasting always lasted a week and was never fun especially when you have kids and are doing it alone.
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #10  

I;m glad to hear you're ok after your car accident! It hink I;ve tried a fast thing for a day and couldn't do it...i like me food too much..even healthy food Strawberries are heaven for me!
HokieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

spill, i will NOT BE BRAINWASHED IN TO YOUR COLON CLEANSING CULT!

now, where do i get this clay mix??? i have to hear how it works out for you. i might be willing to try it.

i'll write more later!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

lol Megan!!! I am really not trying to sell you guys on this, just thought it was interesting. So far I'm hanging in there. This is day two of fasting...which means I can drink fluids, fruit juice w/ no sugars, or a V8 type drink. No solid foods, if I get faint or just need something more, I can have some broth. weeee!!! The clay mix expands after you drink it...you mix it w/ juice to mask the Poop taste. The clay expanding in your stomach is supposed to give a full feeling, and then works as a sponge cleaning as it goes through the colon....ok, nice visual there.

I hope I'm not wearing you guys out on this really. This fasting thing is such a MENTAL thing. Your smell factors are enhanced to the max level, I can smell popcorn in the breakromm which is a mile away from my desk Really it's like my brain knows I'm not getting solid foods and it's all I can think about...you know the whole pink elephant w/ poka dots thing. You know what I mean. I think it is relaitable to doing diets....your body may be satisfied, but your brain says..hey, go ahead you can cheat...or go ahead and get some cake...you deserve it...you have that reason factor that just wont' go away..

Ok I'm rambling please forgive me....I'll be better after some Pooptastic lunch!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Mmmmm... pooptastic lunch... now that's one way to keep me on-plan, spill! Good luck with the fasting thing - just be careful, k?

Ashlie - sorry to hear about your accident - glad you're ok - the first thing I did when I got into my car accident awhile back was head straight for a strawberry cheesecake sundae... I can't blame you - it's very stressful.

The DH gave me a "shopping spree" for my birthday gift and we went to the big city on Sunday and went shopping. I got 3 pairs of pants, 3 shirts and a knit hat for $103 - the store I was at was having a MAJOR sale and the total would have been $214 normally. I love shopping and finding great deals! I'll have to get the DH to take some pics of my new outfits and post 'em up - I also got some killer-cute shoes! All the pants I purchased were size 10s and 2 of the tops were mediums, and one was a small! A small! I was amazed. That was part one of my gift and I'm interested to see what my actual birthday day-of gift will be...

I'm home sick today - not the flu, just a bad cold, but it's kicking my butt. I'm tired and coughing, coughing, coughing. Haven't exercised since Friday, I'll probably have to repeat last week's training schedule for running if I'm not feeling up to it by tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wondeful weekend! Have a great first day back at school, spill!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jenicra: I hope you get to feeling better soon! Enjoy Oprah for me!! Also, you are so awesome to remember I start school this week! Thank you, you are to sweet. Get better! DRink lots of fluids like me...weee!!! Jenicra, when is your b-day? So, are you going to be 21? this is a big b-day if so....you can legally drink now...woo hoo! I Happy Birthday!

Ashlie: I'm glad that you are ok...and I'm glad that you are back
Old 01-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #15  
Go, Banana!

wo0o! where the **** have i been! umm well it was my birthday on the 15th and i kind of slid off the face of the world for a bit. ate things i wasnt supposed to did things that my body didnt agree with. but now back to reality.

congrats on the puppy! have fun with all the training. hehe i want one soo bad... but no more pets until i get a house.

sorry to hear about your accident ashley. i hope you are taking it easy and your resting.

spill... about your detox... whew! good luck! iv heard of the master clense and candida detox... but i dont know about the colon clense. i have a book at home i acquired about that lower region of our bodies... and it is extremely interesting. and a bit gross.... but if your interested ill dig it out for you and let you know what it is.
well i just found out im having lymph problems. there was a knot on my neck and shoulder and she said it was a lymph node. i guess it isnt working how it is supposed to be and its storing fat? or something like that.... so i have to detox myself. i cant have salt, fat (xcept chicken and eggs and omega 3's) no dairy, bread, sugar, caffiene, and ... sniffle.... chocolate. hopefully this will work or i have to go to a conventional doctor... icky.

well gotta go... have a beautiful week.

peace irina
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote