Old 01-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 1/3-1/9/2004

Hey Girlys & Slimmings!!

Just wanted to say Hi to you all, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!!!

It is so hard getting back to the schedule of work and getting up in the morning, I was really enjoying sleeping in on my days off

Last night was my last night of being bad...my grandmother's fudge, I was sitting on my couch eating it late last night while watching Letterman.

Today, I will be working out for the first time this year. Looking forward to getting back on track, I know that I will feel much better about myself.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #2  

Hi All! I hope everyone had a safe and happy christmas and new year! I'm really looking forward to this year and all it will bring..

!Winge alert!
Ok.. so I have to ask, does anyone else have issues with a competitive parent? Like their mother??? Just when mum was visiting for the holidays I found it really hard.. I have lost some weight this year.. and she knwos I have been doing stuff (although I may tell her I am going to the gym just to get her off the phone at times! lol)... anyway when I got her and my bro from the airport (i was very hungover on christmas morn)...she was like "well you still look like my daughter".. anyway later that day, my bf was there and I was showing her the clothes I bought on our trip to australia, including a mini skirt, which dear BF has assured me I can wear and not look stupid in (i don't carry much weight on legs, only the very tops of my thighs) anyway mum was like "oh my you don't have legs as good as mine, you can't wear a skirt like that!" and then when I left the room, told my bf again "she shouldn't wear skirts like that!" now yes my calf muscles are not the most shapely, but I think my legs are ok.. then later on in the visit she said "remember at your 21st when you tried on that skirt and it fitted me better.. i was smaller than you then..." she also made all these comments about how she has lost recently... (she is overweight too.. but has been for a VERY long time).. anyway I did get one back by giving her all my pants that are too big for me (fall off!) but still.. it makes it hard. Although this year was the first year I wasn't told off for wanting to eat straight ham fat...hmmm ham fat...but yeah.. my mother has always implied to me (even when I was SKINNY) that i could lose more weight.. just wondering if anyone else has this sort of issue.. sorry for the winge...

!BRAG Alert!
ok.. so as a joke on the 31st BF and I went to the gym and played how much can Tiff bench press.. I have never done weights outside my pump class.. but I could press 40kg! yay! now if I can get that to 80 by the end of the year I will be stoked...
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey guys!!!

NBK - i can't believe that you have to deal with that, i'm sorry. family members really shouldnt compete with each other. it doesnt seem like you are competing with HER, it seems the other way around. if it was me, i would have a talk with her and tell her that its hurting me and i dont appreciate it, im doing really well and i'm really proud of myself. i'm sure you look hot in that miniskirt.

i havent had that problem with my mom, but my mom does compliment me a lot. that is a good thing, but not really coming from her. she has an eating disorder and i dont want her to get caught up in me losing weight. she doesnt need to lose any... she doesnt even weigh 100 pounds and its not because of the disorder at this point (although, you never know), it is because of the after-effects of having such a disorder: she has messed up her thyroid, vitamin and mineral levels, her stomach... its really hard to see and know that i never knew she had a disorder while i was growing up. anyway, it is a point of contention in the family as i am not allowed to talk about it.

i guess my point in telling everyone this is that everyone has issues with their parents (well mostly everyone) and, now that we are adults, we have to try to be the best people we can be on our own.

also, i just felt like saying it because i dont really talk much about it, and its nice to. i have to keep myself from getting too "obsessed" with dieting and exercise, and i know its something i've learned from her. i have to really watch myself and be careful. anyway, though, she is really is a great person who has this one great flaw. sad...
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #4  

Megan, wow.. that must be have been really hard for you when you first realised that your mum had an ED. It's really interesting though, how knowing someone who has struggled with such a thing can give you strenght and objectivity in your own weightloss/lifestyle management. Not being able to talk about something like that with the people involved must be hard too. You are a really strong person!

Thanks heaps for your post, it means heaps to me. I'm used to the weight and competitive comments, but was just really upset about what she said to my BF. It was funny cos he said he always thought I was exaggerating about the mean things she says.. and now he thinks I am a matyr! lol.. not really but.. The skirt thing just got me down, as until the last year, I have been the worlds most conservative dresser - jeans and t-shirts all through highschool and uni. and now I am happy with how I look to an extent and able to wear low cut tops and the odd short skirt or figure hugging outfit it really guts me to have someone tell me i shouldn't wear it...esp. when I KNOW there are no rolls or bulges on display! at least my BF tells me I don't need to try as I am already beautiful! I am so thankful to have someone so positive in my life.

Baah I am soo self involved. Anyway... I don't know if any of you know anyone affected by the tsunami in SE Asia? It's pretty big news in my part of the world. Work is matching $ 4 $ any donations made by us to the red cross, so that is cool. it's soo sad to think that some bodies won't be identified for months....
Old 01-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #5  
comeback member

Hello girlies!

Little trivia to start...

What is the best way to lose wait quickly?

GET THE FLU!!

and I've been stuck with the darn flu for the past 3 days!I couldn't even go back to work. How ironic, a teacher not going back to work after her holiday...Oh well...My hubby told me that a ghost shouldn't go to work..Hehehe..Yep, I looked like a ghost!

I am much better now and am going to work tomorrow. Will hit the gym right after work also.

NBK--- I am also sorry that you had to go through that...Not fair... BUT as your "adoptive 3FC mom" (hehe) I have to say that you look incredible!! Way to go girl!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Spill: It is hard to get back into the everyday routine, isn't it?

NBK: Wow. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. That must be hard! But, it sounds like it happens with her often. I'd just listen to yourself and the BF -- I'm sure you two know what you're talking about! If you feel confident wearing something, go for it! And if the BF likes it, bonus!

Tanny: It's awesome how you've learned by what your mom went through. By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that I am always so impressed at your gym dedication -- you are always there, and you are always working hard! Way to go!

Sacha: Your hubby?? You got married while you were away, right?? I thought I just remembered the fiance. If so, congratulations! If not, sorry, I must be confused. Glad you are feeling better!

Well, I've had a little unconventional weight loss going on, too -- only mine was food poisoning. Anyway, luckily it is gone, and I will be back to eating normally and exercising tomorrow. I'm just so excited with this new year ahead of us. I have so many things I want to accomplish!

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Sacha - uck, the flu - yea, weight loss! I'm sure I'll catch the flu once this year, and there is a part of me that is almost looking forward to it... how wrong is that?

Jina - sounds like you've been dealing with the all-out weight loss plan too - it's odd, but food poisoning doesn't sound as appealing as the flu... that and, as a vegetarian, it's pretty difficult to catch a case of food poisoning.

Hope you two get to feeling better soon!

NBK & Megan - that must be very difficult to have to deal with your mother's reactions to your weight loss in addition to actually losing the weight.

NBK - I've got competitive friends, but you almost expect a little catiness from your girlfriends, don't you (unfortunately)? It must be really hard coming from a mom. But you know, you did get to give her the "big" jeans! :P

Megan - It sounds like you're working hard to keep an awareness of what you're doing, keeping your personal experience in mind - I think that that is a sign of a very strong woman!

So, Spill - how'd your first day back at the gym/on-plan go?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 AM   #8  
Go, Banana!

... i feel your pain about your mother. my mom was on atkins all last year and was flaunting her body... made me kinda sick the fact we would go out to eat and she'd eat this giant steak and nothing else. yeah mom... real healthy right! im always trying to get her to eat a balanced diet. she has also always had an ed. when she was in her 20's she was like 92 lbs... shes only 5'3". now shes been complaining that she's 145 lbs, at 52 yrs old. thats not really that bad, considering she used to weigh 230 lbs. as for the rest of my family, my dad has always been over weight and would always tell me to lose weight, he is finally doing it as well.. apparently hes lost 20 lbs. i havent seen him though we dont live in the same state. but i think it really all stems from my grandmother (my moms mom) i hadnt seen her in a year or so (this was a while back) i had lost some weight and she goes... "wow irina, you look like youve lost weight, you look good, but your butts still big" .... imagine that! so i was like "well grandma i think i get it from your puerto-rican side of the family" haha!! i've just learned to get witty about it. yeah it all hurts but take it with a grain of salt. then lose all the weight and then be like whos overweight now!!!! lol. (sorry, that sounded spiteful) but i guess giving her the fat jeans will maybe wake her up and shell realize shes needs to get healthy too! (plus id do what tanny says) i think its good to get things out there and deal with them so you dont have any resentful feelings.

anyway, bella i hope you feel better. i was sick for a while, i found oregeno leaf extract helps with sinus pressure, fenugreek and thyme helps with mucus and you can never have too much vitamin c!

spill, hope youve been getting back in the groove! its hard, but when your in it, it'll feel so good.

and everyone else, keep up the great work!

till later, peace
irina
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:32 AM   #9  

Hey guys....
Just chiming in on your chat! I have to say I completely understand the family woes. Family should be positive and supportive but they are not always that way! I've always gotten comments about my weight from my family. Just remember, you are doing this for YOU not them! And you'll really be able to stick it to them when you reach your goal

Wish I could chat more but I'll be late for work!
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #10  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello. still new to the boards and don't know many people yet. So far I like this website because it has lots of support that family members don't seem to give. I hope eeryone had a good holiday season. Every time I try to lose weight someone always makes a coment or 12 and I get frustrated and fall off of it. I don't plan on doing that this time.

All I can day is don't listen to the negative. If someone can't say something nice or give good advice about what you want to do with your body and your weight then they shouldn't say anything at all.

I have to run. Ton's to do today on my one day off.
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

NBK: i hear ya on the parent thing. The topic of gaining or losing weight is always brought up in my family. All of my sisters and cousins, we are constantly being told that we need to lose weight or that they(my family) have noticed that we have gained weight. Most of my family is overweight, and it's a sore subject to say the least. I'd rather it not be such a main choice of conversation with the family, but just try and take everything in stride and not become offended, it's easy to do though. Sounds like you are doing your best in your situation. You know how your mom is, and you sometimes just have to ignore her, whatever works. Hey, it's your life, and it's your body, if you want to wear that skirt than do it. People will always give their two cents, if it's solicited or not, just how it is I guess.

Megan: Thank you for sharing your story with us! You are such a cool girl, you seem to really rightly divide everything!

Bella: Did you used to be on all the time about a year ago, you used to post questions of the day and stuff like that? You seem familiar...I was just starting to post some, about a year ago.

Jina: what are some of the things you are wanting to accomplish in 2005? :D

Jenicra: I can't believe it but I made it to the gym. Mostly because I felt guilty for bad eating all day, you know, I got McDonalds....bleh! Today, am doing much better, a little sore, but plan to go back tonight, and I ate a salad for lunch

Eyereenah: Thanks for the words of encouragement, I was in a downward spiral, even one of the girls at work had to give me a little pep talk after she saw McDonalds at my desk yesterday. It really helped. She was like Spill, all that hard work you been doing and you are going to throw it all away to be fat??? Hey, it got me thinking and to the gym even thought I had a million excuses, ....Big Fat Loser is on, Amazing Race, it's raining out side you get the pt. Thank you again...

Ashlie: I have a friend that just moved to Bloomington, IN, he said they are going to have a hard freeze tonight, how are you doing up there in all that cold???

I'm really chatty today...sorry
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #12  

Wow!
I just want to say thank you to everyone for your support. It's amazing! I really appreciate it guys. Thank you so much! And yeah I am getting good at ignoring her comments. I think maybe part of the problem is that we are TOTALLY different body shapes.. she's more apple, I am more hourglass/pear...but pfft. Doesn't matter.

Sacha - it's weird how people often get sick after a holiday, it's probably because your body finally got a chance to rest too! But I think your Husbands right, a ghostly looking teacher would have scared me! Best that you stay home and get some rest...and of course catch up on day of our lives etc (that's my favourite to watch when i am sick!)

Jina- food poisoning! ack.. how nasty. If you got it from eating out, make sure you report it to your local council/health dept. That way they can trace it... I hope you weren't in too much pain and are feeling heaps better now!

eyereenah - way to go with the smart arse (pun intended!) comments! I wish i could think of stuff like that to say at the time he he...

Ashlie - You live in indiana? cool! I am hopefully going to lafyette later on this year..And make sure even though you only have one day off to get all your messages done that you take some time out to relax! giving your body a chance to unwind and destress is really important.

Spill.. yeah the mcdonalds monster.. it's hard. There is one at the bottom of my street..and even though I don't even like it, somedays i find myself in the drive through.. ugh.. I find now tho that I just order the burger, then drink water with it when i get home.. it's not NO mcdonalds but no fries has to be healthier.. and then I just make sure that the rest of the week I don't have any other junkfood. which means if I had been planning to go out and have pizza or something in the weekend.. I can't! One day I will learn. But yeah.. keep on with all your hard work! YOu ahve come so far! Don't slide back..also does your gym have tv's? I sometimes time my visit so I can watch a favourite tv programme...just have to remember the earphones. If you ask nicely sometimes they change the channel to what you want!

Back to staring at our lovely summer torrential rain here.. but it did mean that my man had to stay onshore last night! he got paid $300 to stay at home and watch dvd's with me! he he he :-)

Take care and hugs
Tiffany
Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #13  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey guys! I can totally understand the competitive family members/friends...my best friend joined WW about 8 months ago and lost 30 lbs and is OBSESSED with food/dress sizes/etc ...i get so frustrated when she acts like i know nothing about losing weight. i want to scream "I LOST 30 POUNDS AND HAVE KEPT IT OFF FOR 2 YEARS BE*ATCH"....but because she is my best friend i dont (i love her too much!) ...and then she gives me all her old clothes (which i don't complain about too much...they are all a and f!)

anyway, i want everyone to know they are beautiful and that anyone that puts you down is just insecure about themselves!

have a great wednesday!

ps i wanted to back up jdogg...tanny you are a workout machine!!!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #14  
comeback member

Hello slim divas!

Anybody watched the Sports illustrated search tonight on TV? Ohh my gosh...A judge said to that skinny bgirl that her *** was sagging. Mine must be touching the floor then. Come on! Then they wonder why we are self conscious and we are never happy about ourselves. Sheeesh....

I was back at work today and back at the gym. A lot of my collegues told me to skip the gym but I didn't want to! Gotta get the weight down! I am back at doing the infamous crunches\sit ups combo..UGGHHHHH!! Anybody else here hating those????

Jina---Food poisoning?? Yuck, that must be terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that and hope you are better! I am also very excited about the New Year. I'm ready to kick butts!

NBK---Wonderful rain uh? Try 15 cm of beautiful snow forcasted for us this evening..hehe..Snow or rain?? mmm...hard to choose, i love both!

Spill---Yes it's the same Sacha from last year. I stopped coming last may after getting too busy with tons of things.

Jina---Yes I got married last July. It was great!... So... I guess I'm supposed to start making babies now uh??hehe...

Bye everyone!!

Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #15  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey!

thanks everyone for the kind words about my mom. it made me think of britney spears "now im stronger than yesterday..." Then I had to vomit from thinking of britney spears, but i'm okay with that!! (side note.. i'm actually okay with britney, its that kevin federline that freaks me out).

as for those who complimented my gym-going, jina and michelle - thank you! i should explain that i sit on my butt ALL DAY LONG at my job (no, seriously, sometimes i dont even go out for my lunch break, but instead continue to sit on my butt), so i really need to work out and also it helps me to feel like im not a complete lazy bum.

tiffany - yes, the tsunami is big news here, too, although i can't even imagine what it must be like for those impacted by it. i read that a tsunami goes at something like 400 miles per hour... that is just so unbelievable to me.

spill - its totally normal to get off track and hey, macdonalds is good. do you know that i really hate that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels?" I'm serious, it makes me sick, BUT too bad that it's true. besides, you will be looked down upon by the other girls if you eat macdonalds on America's Next Top Model. i really dont want that to happen. glad to see you back in the swing of things!!!

Sacha - hope you are feeling better. i hate anything having to do with ab muscles. have you done that one where you lay on the ground (or a bench), lift your legs up straight in the air and then lift your butt up too? umm, it's hard. makes me want to cry in fact. i cant believe i missed the SI show. i had to watch lost, though.

ashlie - i have seen some of your posts around and just wanted to make sure you are doing ok. keep your head up!!

wow look at us, chatting away. we are some chatty mcchattersons here. i have this stupid trait of always naming things with a y and mc..son, so if you are hot, for example, you will be hotty mchotterson. the reason why im telling you all this is because that's where my name, tanny, comes from... i get really tan in the summer so one of my friends called me tanny mctannerson. arent you all glad to know that??????

i'll go now
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote