Old 11-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #31  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hmmm lets see, healthy snack/food/drink obsession. Any diet soda for me is a treat (isnt that weird?) and it really hits in the spot in that mid afternoon slump I can get myself into. I really like hummus, too. I buy the 100 cal packs of wheat thins and dip them in hummus. yum!

yesterday at the gym I tried the stair machine. It is the kind where it is really like walking up stairs (as opposed to a stair stepper type thing). Wow, that thing is BRUTAL! I am going to do a few minutes of that every day in addition to my other cardio.

So, there is ONE downside to my new gym. Some of the guys that work out there are totally the type of guy that I hate : muscled, attractive, arrogant, stupid, obnoxious. Know the type? I forgot my earphones, so I had to work out on the crosstrainer last night next to two of them, and had to listen to their stupid conversation about the next cell phones that are coming out and how cool they are. Then they were talking about how the girl the one guy is dating is really hot, but she could use "some circuit training and maybe 20 mins of cardio a day to tighten up." GIVE ME A BREAK! haha! But, then, there are some hot guys who seem pretty normal that work out there as well.

as I said in my post in the weekly chat, I am in a plateau apparently. It's troubling but I am not too upset about it. It will pass (I hope!).
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #32  
Building my Body for Life

Megan - I have tried the stair climber thing as well. It is definitely tough! I found that I had to constantly look down to keep from tripping. Maybe it isn't so bad once you get used to it.

I hate it when I forget my headphones as well. There's nothing more annoying than hearing people grunt, heavy breathing, and annoying cell phone conversations. I also hate it when people want to give you "workout tips". I used to work at a gym and I've studied personal training. Nine times out of ten, they are wrong and it annoys me greatly!!! I also hate it when 16 year old boys try to hit on me.

Ok, enough from me.
Jocelyn
Fitchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #33  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

My diet-friendly treat is dried cranberries - so good!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:54 AM   #34  
Big-time loser

Day 3: Still going strong. Saw Bridget Jones II tonight - the perfect chubby girl flick. Rene Zellweger gains weight oddly though, almost entirely in her face/neck, belly and bosom area. Scrawny little legs and arms and torso still. Anyways, weighed in at 170.5 this morning - everything is looking good for meeting the Thanksgiving Day goal of 169, and heck, I've already knocked off 2 lbs. for the 10 lbs. for X-mas. Only 8 to go!
Onward...

Food:
1,560 calories
21% fat, 67% carb, 11% protein
(Another too high carb day - too many figs - I love them so!)

Exercise:
25 min. walk
50 min. bike (15.91 mis.) --- for a total of 59.76 mis. biked since Monday - that's my daily commute!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #35  

Hi all - Yesterday was a no workout day for me so I didn't record my food either. I'm not sure if I'll work out today or not. My goal this week was 4 days and I've done 3 so far so if I don't work out today I will tomorrow for sure.

Only time will tell. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Jocelyn
Old 11-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #36  
Big-time loser

I didn't have time to workout yesterday. My mom and I made her super delicious rolls for Thanksgiving (about a half a stick of butter in each). It was a really hard day, temptation wise, because we went to a holiday market as well, were we visited one of my coworkers who was selling cookies, bought some, ate some, then got to mom's house to fight with 70 yummy rolls - I only ate one and a half. Plus, there were chips and cookies at my mom's too. Yikes! But I made it through somehow... so here's Day 4's stats:

Food:
32% fat, 60% carb, 8% protein
11 g fiber
2 L's of water

No exercise beyond lifting and kneading a 30 lb. ball of dough!

But that's not the best part, because I have been REWARDED for being good yesterday, because this morning I saw 169.5 on the scale!

Last edited by jenicra; 11-21-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:47 PM   #37  

Good Morning, well I had a good day on friday, went to my pump class and was working so hard in the squat track that there was sweat dripping from my elbows (gross I know BUT...).. anway managed to to eat nicely that day so on sat morning when I woke up the scales said 74.9! i weigh myself every day, I know it is wrong, but seeing as I don't record food or exercise really, it's my only way of telling what I am up to. ANyway It is SO good to be out of the 75-76 cycle and now hopefully into the 74-75.. today (monday) I am 75.0kg and that's despite only going for one 90 min power walk in the weekend and doing some pressups, but I did have a whopper with cheese yesterday... hmmm not so good. still back on track today.

hope everyone else had a great weekend, only 2 days to go until my beach holiday (thank god it is in another country where no one knows me, so I can wear a bikini!)
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #38  

Hi all - I've been a slacker on the posting in the past few days. My weekend food choices could have been better but I weighed today and I've lost 1.5 pounds since the last time I weighed on Wednesday.

How is everyone else doing? I will write more when I have more time. Things have been busy around here.

Jocelyn
Old 11-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #39  
Big-time loser

Yesterday went awfully - yuck, but I'm back on track today. I couldn't seem to stop eating yesterday... but at least all that's behind me now.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:13 PM   #40  

Well yesterday I had a really good pump class... had that delightful sensation of sweat dripping from my elbows during sqauts!! It was cool too, some of the other regulars were asking me how I manage to do such big weights esp for tri and biceps... I kind of wanted to tell them that underneath my protective layer of fat are some pretty mean muscles.. but pfft who I am kidding.. it's just sheer machismo that makes me do the heavier weights.. that and the belief that the more i push myself, the more i'll lose? weight today is same as yesterday, 75 kg, despite a huge dinner of steak and asparagus and some pasta... go on holiday tomorrow so will be away for a week until the 1st.. hopefully it will be too hot to each much other than fruit and seafood..and the swimming and walking and surfing i intend to do should replace my normal work outs. but if you hear of a beached whale sighted at Broad Beach australia, don't worry it's just me! lol...

I hope everyone else has a great few days and do well with their respective training and eating goals

Cheerio
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:52 AM   #41  

Well, yesterday was a good day for me. Eating was clean and I worked out ok. Could have done better on the workout but I'm not going to beat myself up. I volunteer at a physical therapy clinic on Mondays and Wednesdays so I'm on my feet an extra 2 and a half hours on those days.

So where is everyone? I guess people are traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. I will be missing in action toward the end of the week because we're traveling over the weekend.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Jocelyn
Old 11-23-2004, 11:40 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick note to say HI. I'm still here. Weekend went OK food and excercise wise, but I haven't checked the scale yet. Everything is crazy for me right now. Can't wait until today is over! Looking forward to the Holiday just so I can catch up.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:57 AM   #43  

So how did everyone's Thanksgiving go? I did OK on Thanksgiving Day (I'm not a big turkey and dressing fan) but not so great over the weekend. The last time I exercised was Wednesday. No time to look back though - I still have 7 pounds to lose!

Let's just hope I'm not shocked when I step on the scale today. Where is everyone? I need some encouragement!

Have a great day!
Jocelyn
Old 11-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #44  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm right there with you fitchick...

I didn't to so hot during the long weekend, no exercise and some bad eating...but not horrible, like I used to be. So that is good.

Your right, just looking forward now, and we WILL make it on this challenge!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #45  

Hi again everyone. Just checking in. This month is a heavy travel month for me so I've been trying to tie up some loose ends this week before I leave for Phoenix on Sunday. I didn't work out yesterday but I did do some heavy cleaning around here.

Eating has been good since Monday - I just haven't had time to post exact menus. I'm on my way to the gym shortly! Luckily the 3 hotels I'll be staying in next week all have fitness rooms! I will login here to give you an update of what I'm up to while I'm gone.

Hope everyone's well!
Jocelyn