Old 11-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Angry Holidaze! Help!!!!!

Hey girls, as you know the holidays are slowly creeping upon us. I, like some of you may already be stressing about all those work parties, work or church pot lucks, and the big meal that lasts all day, and the leftovers that are just there staring at you all week long

I'm a a planner kind of person. I have to have a plan! I would love to hear any suggestions or plans that have helped you stay on target during the holidays. Or maybe something that you are going to try for the 1st time.

Please post your ideas
!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Here are my first two suggestions.

1. Take a dish that is OP so you know there is something you can eat (I am a big time grazer at parties so I usually take some sort of appetizer, this also helps me to fill up before the BIG meal.)

2. Also give away the leftovers, or if your not allowed to walk out the door without something (like in my family) volunteer to take something that is OP, or that you have no problem controlling the portions of. (I can never take leftover mashed potatoes because I will eat too much, but I have no problem with turkey because I don't crave it)

But help the Halloween candy is killing me right now!

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:39 AM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

OK! Thank you!!!!

I also just remembered something someone told me once, and it was probably someone from 3FC.

Only fill your plate with the things you like the most, and not feel like I have to put EVERYTHING that is being offered on my plate. Maybe just choose one dessert also, not taste test everything. That way you don't FEEL like you are being restricted because you are watching what you eat.

So, you get to enjoy what you like, and not feel up on excess things that you don't enjoy as much anyways. The hard part staying away from the seconds!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Fill the majority of your plate with healthy options -- turkey, vegetables, etc. Eat them first. Don't deprive yourself of the things you like -- just get them in limited amounts. Hopefully, by the time you eat the healthy options, you'll be too full to eat much of the fatty/sugary things.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:02 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

Anyone else have any ideas???

I'm thinking about getting up in the a.m. to hit the track, just to get in some excercise and will also help me rethink about that extra helping of desert that day
Old 11-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #6  
Building my Body for Life

I've heard that drinking lots of water before meals helps you eat less. Maybe take a large bottle with you and drink it on the way to where you're going. It couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
Jocelyn
Fitchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

that's a good one, sometimes I forget about that one, thank you!