Old 08-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 8/1-8/7

Rabbit, rabbit! It's August 1st already! My wedding is in just over 1 month and I am soooo stressed right now. Ahhh - but I'm working on seeing exercise as a stress-reducer, which it totally is. Plus, I restarted my weight training and now I'm sore, actually I feel much better today than I did yesterday. Hope Tonic is out there in wedding land doing well too, because her wedding is the weekend before mine. How's everyone else enjoying their August?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #2  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Well, we finally have summer weather here so we went to the pool today and plan on going again tomorrow!!! I still can't believe its August already. Where did the summer go? I hope everyone has a good week!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #3  
Living the Laguna life...

Default Weekends!!

Hey guys!
AH!! I am so frustrated right now...after sticking to my diet the entire week, I (like always) totally did NOT follow my diet this weekend. It is so hard for me to stick to eating right when I am bbqing/drinking/hanging out with my friends. I love my friends, but don't really feel comfortable talking to them about my dieting..probably because most of them are guys, or girls who have had weight problems in the past. What do y'all do to keep up diets on the weekend while still having fun and going out? Thanks!!!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:08 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

I try to remember that LIFE (weekends, bbq's, parties) will always be a part of what I have to deal with eating-wise. I try to be especially good during the week so that I can splurge just a little on the weekend. Maybe allow yourself a treat - but keep it reasonable, say a piece of BBQed chicken and one beer... If you don't feel comfortable talking with your friends about it, then I don't think that you have to, as long as they respect that you can eat whatever you want to, you're fine.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking

Hey girls!!!

whew! July has come and is gone! Amazing...July was action packed for me, but I am glad to have a new month here and have lots of goals I want to accomplish this month. One of them is to get down between 160 and 165. I'm working on it already!
Miss Michelle: Something to try is maybe make something healthy for youself to eat before you leave the house. That way you have something on your stomach and won't be tempted to eat bad things..and can splurge on the alcohol. Just an idea.

Everyone have a great week, let's have lots of losers!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #6  

HI! I'm still alive. I've almost been swallowed by wedding planning and work stress. No exercise in sight, but I think I am going to give up on this front until after my wedding. I've maintained my weight and I am losing a few pounds due to stress and heat and everything. I'm ok with this, even though I am not as toned as I used to be.. but I just can't do everything.

I dont get on this site as often but I'll be back in full force after the wedding.

Jenicra - I hope your wedding planning is going well. This week I am trying to get all the major stuff done because after Saturday, I will be super busy w/ packing cause we are moving to a new apartment. I leave for the wedding (in Washington) on August 19th. I'll be on vacation until September 11th.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:00 AM   #7  
Big-time loser

Tonic - glad to hear from you! I think you've got the right idea with planning and dieting and all. Happy moving! I'm also getting back on Sept. 11 - so see you back on the boards in mid-sept.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:08 AM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

just wanted to say hi... had a rough couple of days, diet-wise. db and i and a couple of his friends went up to saratoga springs, new york for a concert and stayed overnight (sunday to monday). i think i actually did okay, food wise. i tried to make the best choices i could. i drank some on sunday night, which is not really part of my diet. so i wouldn't say that i fell off or anything, but i wasn't as perfect as i could have been. i guess that's part of fitting healthy eating in to real life. i havent really been able to exercise yet this week, but we did walk about 3-4 miles on sunday so i guess that counts as something.

miss michelle - we kind of had the same problems. but, you've lost 30 pounds so your friends must know that you are trying to eat healthy, right? i don't really have a problem eating the same stuff as everyone else, i just try not to overeat.

gotta go get on that treadmill....
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:09 PM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

TannyMc: What concert did u go to? I haven't been to a concert in forever...sounds like you had a good time

Jenicra & Tonic: Sounds like things are really coming together for you both concerning your weddings. How Exciting!!! How are you guys feeling? I wish you the best for your future!

Speaking of weddings, has anyone been watching "Who wants to marry my dad" I watched the finale last night...I think it is a lovely match. I'm a sucker for these reality shows...I know it 's a bunch of nonsense...but it's fun to watch the madness of it all, it's entertaining 2 me.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #10  
Megan

spill - we went to see the dead. my boyfriend is really in to the grateful dead, so i went along because their shows are always pretty mellow and fun. there were dead heads in full effect!!!

i like reality shows too, although i have sort of gotten off the romantic ones since the bachelors seem to never ever stay with the woman they choose. lately i have been watching the amazing race, last comic standing, and joe schmo 2.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #11  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Megan- Did you go to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center for the concert? I've seen so many concerts there!!

As for the reality shows the only one I really watch is the amazing race and sometimes Survivor when its on. I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics though!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:31 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Default Hey gang!!

Dropping by to say hi and how I miss yall. I have been in downward slump and put some of my weight back on.But I refuse to look at scale until my clothes start to droop again.I have no motivation right now and I am struggling to get it back.

*hugs*'
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #13  
Megan

lori - yes, it was at spac... that was my first show there and i really liked it. it's a really laid back place to see a show. i really like that area of upstate new york too, i wish we could have stayed a couple more days.

i watched last comic standing tonight and then i voted six times for john heffron because i think he's really funny.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:10 AM   #14  

spillthebeans - To be honest the weeks leading up to the wedding are really stressful. I am hoping in a week I will be more excited. Right now its just big long TODO lists! Keep working on your goals! You are doing great!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:07 AM   #15  

Hi girls...
I'm still around! I lost internet access for about a week and then I moved, so.....it's been a little busy! I've missed not being able to post and keep up with FitDay. The good side is I was so busy with packing and moving that I got a lot of exercise, plus didn't eat all that much! Now that I'm settling in, it will be a little harder this week as I have training for work and they FEED us breakfast and lunch everyday! But I'm trying to get back into things....
Anyways, I will catch up on posts some other time. I hope everyone is doing great!! I just had to update before I fell off the wagon completely
aimes523 is offline   Reply With Quote