Old 05-10-2004, 05:41 PM   #1  
Queen Weak Will

Default Help!!!

Hello gals! Now I know I've been MIA for a very long time, but I am here because I am in desparate need of help. I am currently going through a divorce that is wreaking havoc on my diet. After months of water, exercise, healthy eating habits and steady weight loss -- it takes only 4 weeks to put it all back on and a few extra pounds for good measure. The little switch in my brain, that is the voice of reasoning, clicks off at 9:00 PM every night and I raid the kitchen until I am literally ill. And if the kitchen's empty I hop in the car like a mad woman and rush to the nearest supermarket. Any words of encouragement or chastisement to get my butt in gear??? I am living with my mother and grandmother until I can get into my own place and grandmother is Betty Crocker reincarnate. HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
volley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #2  

Oh, dear. I'm sorry to hear you're in a tough situation, and I really hope it'll improve soon (like being able to have your own place again!). In the meantime, you've come back to the right place, and that's hard sometimes! I'm glad to see you back; I remember chatting with you on this board a few months back. I've struggled a lot the past few months too, and one thing I've had to do lately to "get back on the wagon" is REALLY focus on WHY I want this. WHY weight loss (all the way to my goal, not just as far as I've gotten so far) is really important to me. I've had to remind myself of the health & self-esteem benefits that I want badly. I don't know if that'll help...but maybe it'll be a start! (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Volley,

You are on your way, getting back on the board and having a support system is a great first step in getting back on track.

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce. You'll make it through!! Take it day by day
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #4  

I know what you are going through. When I got divorced I ended up gaining weight and started smoking again. It took me a while to realize that the best release for my pent up frustration and depression was to work it out on the treadmill or bike path. Sometimes by myself and sometimes with my mother or other friends. It ended up helping so much more than eating or drinking being lazy. You'll get through this. Just keeping posting here. I've found its the best place to vent.
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #5  
hottie in training

have you considered seeking counseling? I am not a doctor but it sounds like you may have binge eating disorder or at least the tendencies.
A counselor can help you with all of this. If cost is an issue try your local YWCA, I think they offer free or low cost counseling.
Good Luck! I know it is hard!
Jenn
JennPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 PM   #6  
it's the getting up

Keep your head up, and keep posting with us! There is more support here than you'll ever know- use it to your advantage. You are stronger than you think you are, you will make it through this tough time. I've never been divorced but I went through a nasty break up after 5 1/2 years, a house, and a dog-- fun stuff let me tell you. Find someone to talk to, counseling is a great option. Start small again, and begin to work those changes into your "new" life. You will be happy again, and you will feel like yourself again too it just takes sometime. Be gentle with yourself, you'll make it through. Take care.
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote